A game of badminton, ping pong

Rajiv

I got bored of playing pool at work, tried my hand on my ole fav ( table tennis aka ping pong ) 15 mins and I can safely say it was a great exercise, I sweated like hell and felt really good I think for someone who wishes to do cardio, these 2 might be great..I used to play badminton but gotta find company. How many ppl play these 2 games here

Lawn Tennis Jeez..I tried once and no way I could play it, but what a game Ping pong in doubles is awesome I used to be a fairly good badminton player back in 1988, I bought a special racket Yonex 2100 that time, featherweight with great power..lol I used to play at the gymkhana but then faded out - its a great exercise for someone who doesnt slam dunk

I have played Badminton at inter district school level, then also played a bit in college. In US it is hard to find people but I played a few times. Ping pong is more like a fun activity than exercise though. Tennis is hard ass game, have started playing 3 times but could never maintain beyond a month or 2....the problem is that if both players suck, the game gets boring really fast and you end up collecting the balls all the time since the rallies don't last long..:hehe:

Used to play TT and badminton a lot during college days, I was fairly good in badminton was in the top 20 u19 players at one point of time in India. In the US still play competitive tournaments etc regularly, it is actually ***** kicking fitness after a certain level, actually feel it is more strenous than tennis. Play tennis regularly too in summers, and sometimes in the USTA league.

Played Badminton in high school here in u.s then never played... but still love to play. Played taBLE TENNIS a lot in Inid and still play here in States. Play the Regular Lawn tennis every weekend. 2-3 sets.
The clubs I gave didnt work out for you cricketics?

TT is a good game if the opponent is competitive also.. last year, about five of us played TT regularly for almost an hour at work .. then couple of those guys got fired and we were down to two guys.. but then got boring and stopped playing.. badminton -- i played that last month with brother and wife at local college court.. it was fun.. you can sweat a lot.. but it was hard to get that court so stopped playing..

The clubs I gave didnt work out for you cricketics?
triam those were great links, thing is i haven't contacted them because i was buzy with my work and couldn't really fully commit to play regularly before. Now i am starting to get some free time and hopefully would be able to play badminton regularly after contacting clubs etc. Thanks again.

triam those were great links, thing is i haven't contacted them because i was buzy with my work and couldn't really fully commit to play regularly before. Now i am starting to get some free time and hopefully would be able to play badminton regularly after contacting clubs etc. Thanks again.
NP dude, was just wondering thats all.

I've played Badminton and it may seem like a easy weasy game. Only when you play it would you find out that it can be quite intensive. When one is starting out, it may seem easy but when you learn about moving the other player back and forth, it will get more fun then. Some of the drills we used to practice back in the days which would tire you out : Clear - Drop Clear Drop or Clear Clear Drop Drop. But there's nothing that makes you feel the pain like suicides - although used primarily in basketball practices. Basically you run the 1/4 of the length of the gym and come back and then to the 2/4 of the length and come back and then 3/4 of the length and back and finally the complete length and back. Do ten of these and you'll feel you're in hell. After practice it gets better. These days, I would only do it by walking only though :tounge_smile: Here's a visual [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QioPCop7ri4]YouTube - Basketball Drills - Suicide (with a basketball)[/ame]

The only sport wwhich i think is the most difficult and may seem very easy = Tennis. When i had never played, i thought hitting those four hands and regular smash shots would be very easy. We have to have lot of control on our shots. Since i play cricket regularly, it was hard for me to control. First few shots which i hit used to go out of the court and my doubles partner used to think that i was drunk as i am hitting some weird shots. When the ball hits the racket's string, it goes so fast and bounces a lot.