Was Agarkar more tailunted than Akram?

It was only towards the initial years of his career that Agarkar was phenomenal. After the first 2 yrs, it was downhill for Agarkar, if I am not mistaken. Legend is someone who can maintain the consistency over a prolonged period of time. Otherwise, indeed Afridi would be a better batsman than Sachin. Whilst theres no doubt that Agarkar had it in him to be one of the Indian greats as far as ODI's is concerned, Akram was in a league of his own. Nobody in India compares Agarkar to Srinath, let alone Wasim. Having said that, I do have immense respect for Agarkar. With the frail physique he had, he still could generate pace consistently. Had he been given proper guidance, he could have even led the Indian ODI attack.

Yeah, surely 288 wickets are not less by any stretch of imagination. However, when the first 50 wickets come in your first 24 matches and it takes years to get the rest, then there definitely is a problem ! Btw, by saying this, are you actually trying to say that Agarkar indeed was comparable to Akram ? Or you merely just want to pick on my post ? Most of the times, Aggy was a liability on the team. He was way too incosistent to be called a decent bowler, let alone a good bowler ! With an economy of over 5 in ODI, you got to ask yourself if he was seriously good for a prolonged period or not !