Stoning of Ganesh idols in Miraj

seedhi

In which dictionary' date=' this definition of "secular" is from? Secular doesn't mean we need to appease the minority at the expense of the majority.[/quote'] Does your dictionary have the word 'sarcasm'? :dontknow: btw that definition can be found in any Indian dictionary.

its their audacity thats makes me sick' date=' I mean I would think 100 times before throwing stone at their Muhram procession. Even after thinking 100 times I won't do it, as I will be **** scared of getting killed[/quote'] EXACTLY!! the audacity is appalling! NO other minority group can DARE do that in middle east or Islamic republics.... secular country my azz..... can muslims do that in USA? or even in Europe? throwing stones at churches? terrorists excluded....general population of minorities living in those "secular" countries can't even think of attacking churches but ONLY in India it is possible.........we let ourselves be ruled by mughal barbarians for 800 yrs, then we let britishers rule for 400 yrs and now we're letting the minority rule us in the name of "secularism"

Site policy.
Just curious though, what exactly is this site policy? We seemed to have a very animated debate about Varun Gandhi's "hate" speech. Why not have one on this topic? Dont you agree that such a blatant act of disrespect is despicable? The bar is really not very high, but can we atleast do better than Indian media?

Just curious though' date=' what exactly is this site policy? We seemed to have a very animated debate about Varun Gandhi's "hate" speech. Why not have one on this topic? Dont you agree that such a blatant act of disrespect is despicable? The bar is really not very high, but can we atleast do better than Indian media?[/quote'] Certainly. ICF shouldn't really be shy in discussing religious issues (mudslinging other religious views is definitely not what I am asking for). We come from a supposedly secular country, shouldn't we be more open towards this than others ? Just my 2 cents. This act by some numbnuts is disgraceful and should have been covered by 'hungry for breaking news' media people. How can they blatantly ignore one communities bad act and portray others'.

EXACTLY!! the audacity is appalling! NO other minority group can DARE do that in middle east or Islamic republics.... secular country my azz..... can muslims do that in USA? or even in Europe? throwing stones at churches? terrorists excluded....general population of minorities living in those "secular" countries can't even think of attacking churches but ONLY in India it is possible.........we let ourselves be ruled by mughal barbarians for 800 yrs, then we let britishers rule for 400 yrs and now we're letting the minority rule us in the name of "secularism"
Those time lines are vastly inacccurate. Actual foreign rule in India lasted from about 1200CE to a1947CE and mind you, this was not the whole of the country.

To all those who are crying tears of blood for the "muslim audacity", I request you to provide two concrete proposals which would end these kind of sectarian attacks (whatever religion).

The incident is horrific, what's more sad and horrific are the generalizations by supposedly educated posters on this thread. Frankly, if this is the attitude Hindus carry towards the general Muslim population then I don't find it surprising that they are getting more violent and disenchanted. Have people forgotten the Babri Masjid demolition in such a hurry to cast stones at other communities en masse? This is nothing compared to the wave of Hindutva which was whipped up at that time and barbarians let lose. I suppose it's alright for me or anyone to cast all Hindus as barbarians based on that? Coming to the question of the media, in an ideal world yes, there should be free and unbiased reporting giving equal weightage to all similar incidents. But in the current communally charged scenario, I don't mind the media downplaying such incidents which might make the existing and unjustifiable anger and hatred towards minority even more accute.