England's fielding is hilarious

Mr. Wicket

Now I am understanding what it must have been like for opponents of India in the 90s (when the ball didn't go to Azharuddin). Pathetically dismal stuff, but very very funny if you're not an England supporter. White being dropped off an absolute sitter, easy run outs being missed because of fumbles, the winning hit being skewed in the air - and not ONE guy moving as the ball fell very safe, the ball before that being chipped high and the fielders not even getting there in time to stop an all-run four on a relatively small ground. BTW - did anyone else see that pathetically soft throw when the batsmen had a massive mix up and a run out looked to be on the cards? :laugh: :hysterical:

^ Lol yeah I was just thinking that and I woldn't be surprised if it were to happen. It's a bit unfortunate for White, he's doing a really good job..
White is not going to be dropped - Hopes looks most likely to make way for Ponting. I've watched bits and pieces of the ODIs till now and must say that the cricket has been distinctly mediocre from both sides except for Australia's bowling at times. Two very ordinary ODI units and it would be a surprise if either of them make the semi finals of the Champions Trophy. India, Pakistan, South Africa, and Sri Lanka look to make the cut.
White is not going to be dropped - Hopes looks most likely to make way for Ponting. I've watched bits and pieces of the ODIs till now and must say that the cricket has been distinctly mediocre from both sides except for Australia's bowling at times. Two very ordinary ODI units and it would be a surprise if either of them make the semi finals of the Champions Trophy. India, Pakistan, South Africa, and Sri Lanka look to make the cut.
it should be Hussey.He bats at way low at 6 n Hopes can offer a bowling option as well
I've watched bits and pieces of the ODIs till now and must say that the cricket has been distinctly mediocre from both sides except for Australia's bowling at times. Two very ordinary ODI units and it would be a surprise if either of them make the semi finals of the Champions Trophy. India' date=' Pakistan, South Africa, and Sri Lanka look to make the cut.[/quote'] ++ The only reason the games have been interesting to watch is because the two teams are actually surprisingly evenly matched; perhaps a bit more talent in Australia's side with Clarke and Johnson there - but there isn't a huge qualitative gap between the sides as there's been in the past. If WI hadn't named such a third rate outfit it would have been interesting to see if Australia could even pull off a single win in the CT.

I think India and South Africa are a level above us in One dayers for sure, but I wouldn't say that about any other teams. I'd be confident we can beat every team except for India and SA. And I agree that it should be Hussey, he's not really adding anything to the team whereas Hopes does offer balance and he's pretty good. I would drop Hussey for White.