Tough times will help Ishant improve - Srinath

rkt.india

How come lankans crossed 140k with ease?? Malinga even crossed 145k at times. Sir Venky is so useless he couldn't even fine tune pathan's action, poor guy always resorted to getting outside help. All new bloods perform better until they get some personal coaching from sir Venky.
who was the coach wen Ishant bowled so fantastically in Aus n v them in B/G trophy?who was the coach wen RP bowled so fantasticaly in England n SA? n which outside help did Pathan take?can u elaborate
Speed guns in srilanka show the speed of the ball when it is about to hit the pitch not from the hand,just compare his speeds in neosports,channel nine,skysports they measure speed sform the hand which is accurate.He will well in tests and thats what counts odis t20s really do not matter, buit i expect him to do well in southafrica where it will suit him,we have been playing on flat picthes lately.
if he will bowl short n wide like he is bowling right now, he wont do well anywhere
who was the coach wen Ishant bowled so fantastically in Aus n v them in B/G trophy?who was the coach wen RP bowled so fantasticaly in England n SA? n which outside help did Pathan take?can u elaborate
Those were Ishant's early days, since then his pace and performance only deteriorated. Look at guys like Flintoff, Johnson, Gul they could bowl 145k+ then and they could bowl that pace now. RP hardly set the stage on fire against England except for his five wicket haul in one of the tests. I dont know what he's done so fantastically in SA. Point remains, both Ishant and RP have shown no improvements over time, just like any other poor soul coached by Sir Venky. As for Pathan I believe he credited sir Lille rather than sir Venky for regaining his pace.
Those were Ishant's early days, since then his pace and performance only deteriorated. Look at guys like Flintoff, Johnson, Gul they could bowl 145k+ then and they could bowl that pace now. RP hardly set the stage on fire against England except for his five wicket haul in one of the tests. I dont know what he's done so fantastically in SA. Point remains, both Ishant and RP have shown no improvements over time, just like any other poor soul coached by Sir Venky. As for Pathan I believe he credited sir Lille rather than sir Venky for regaining his pace.
Pathan has gained pace?!? really?!?! :blink:
Those were Ishant's early days, since then his pace and performance only deteriorated. Look at guys like Flintoff, Johnson, Gul they could bowl 145k+ then and they could bowl that pace now. RP hardly set the stage on fire against England except for his five wicket haul in one of the tests. I dont know what he's done so fantastically in SA. Point remains, both Ishant and RP have shown no improvements over time, just like any other poor soul coached by Sir Venky.
so how can u blame Prasad for that.n its ridiculous to say that Ishant n RP havent improved.who taught Ishant the reverse swing?or the slower balls?wat about RP?didt he bowl in T20 WC in SA? Its futile to compare them with the names u mentioned.they r physically much stronger n have more stamina n are mre fitter.its not as if we had a battery of 150+ bowlers n with Venky that has vanished

Tough times will help Ishant improve - Srinath Ishant Sharma's struggles in limited-overs cricket in the last year are part of his growth as a cricketer, says former India fast bowler Javagal Srinath. Ishant has impressed in Tests but struggled with his lengths in ODIs and has been average recently in that format on the slow pitches in India, West Indies and Sri Lanka. "These tough times are the best for him to learn about himself, about his bowling craft and develop," Srinath told Cricinfo. Ishant averaged 31.48 and picked up 27 wickets in his first 20 ODIs. In 13 games in 2009, he has picked up 19 wickets at 31.42. The economy rate, though, has shot up from 5.34 to 6.19. On Sunday, in a ICC Champions Trophy warm-up game, he leaked 49 runs off seven overs and picked up a wicket. There is a school of thought that Ishant should be given adequate breaks from ODIs to allow him to concentrate on Tests so that India don't risk losing a potent strike force in the longer version of the game. However, Srinath doesn't share that view. "This is part and parcel of the development of a bowler. The second season is always going to be tougher for a cricketer. He has the basics right and he will go on to become a very good bowler for India. These tough times are the best for him to learn about himself, about his bowling craft and develop. From what I hear, he has a great attitude to learn and if he remains hungry, he will come out a better ODI bowler and as a result, a better bowler overall." Srinath, however, is worried about the effects of too much criticism on such a young bowler. "It all depends on his attitude I guess but too much criticism can hurt. This is a very crucial stage. At this developmental stage, you can only develop the more you bowl and more you learn about yourself." There are concerns that Ishant, who has a fragile body and not a smooth post-release routine where he almost stumbles a bit, can get injured with playing too many ODIs but Srinath believes that's a risk that he has to take at this stage. "That's the risk that you have to weigh against the results and only he can know about his body." TA Sekhar, who ran the MRF Pace Academy with Dennis Lillee, shared the same view. "His strength is the pace and the bounce he gets from length and back of a length. That is his USP. I see no reason, for example, why should he cut down pace just to bowl a fuller length as some people have been suggesting. "What's the use of him bowling like [Glenn] McGrath? People say cut down pace, concentrate on lengths … No way. I am sure he is in good hands with Venkatesh Prasad (the India bowling coach) who would get the best out of him. Obviously, Ishant has to tinker with a few things like lengths but he doesn't have to change anything drastically. He is just 19-20. This is the time to play more and improve. He has what we call the fast-twitch muscles. The body will grow stronger and importantly, he will be much the wiser for going through this phase." DO YOU THINK ISHU WILL BOUNCE BACK ON THE FAST TRACKS OF SOUTH AFRICA? :pray::pray::pray: courtesy - http://www.cricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/425919.html

Mendis hasnt been around for long but if you look at his performance in the last 6 months or so and compare it against his first 6 months , there is a huge difference. Thats what happens to bowler who are doing well, opposition study you a lot harder. Ishant comes across as a level headed person ability is there, just a question of applying it and being one step ahead of opposition. Zaheer should be his role model , Ishant will be fine.

Mendis hasnt been around for long but if you look at his performance in the last 6 months or so and compare it against his first 6 months , there is a huge difference. Thats what happens to bowler who are doing well, opposition study you a lot harder. Ishant comes across as a level headed person ability is there, just a question of applying it and being one step ahead of opposition. Zaheer should be his role model , Ishant will be fine.
But the worrying thing is, from when you watch him bowl, it doesn't seem he is leaking runs because they've worked him out. He is bowling way too many loose deliveries
But the worrying thing is' date=' from when you watch him bowl, it doesn't seem he is leaking runs because they've worked him out. He is bowling way too many loose deliveries[/quote'] i am no expert but i get the impression he is trying way to many things at the same time, he over compensates for any loose delivery he bowls same is the case with RP. Also with no senior bowler around it has to be tough for these young kids.
We havnt played test since T20 WC' date=' when he changes his action, and he does not bowl straight how can he be effective in tests too, i doubt it, because of these changes in his action he needs come close the stumps while delivering. With this action he cant bowl wide of crease. He should like ambrose and Walsh used to close to the stumps, then he will be very effective, otherwise he will become another Irfan Pathan. Now he does not go over 135 at all and he was saying he will bowl 100 mph.[/quote'] sadly , thats true ..we are playing too few tests for my liking ...but still he shouldn't be included in more than 20 ODI's . as for the pace , i think in SL the speed guns record at least 10kph less than other places ...in recent series Gul & Aamer wer not hitting more than 125kph .
Ishant bowled over 90miles in odis in newzealand,the speed guns are faulty in srilanka and pitches are slow and low, pace is not the problem his 140km/hr is quicker than others as he has high arm action so there is less retardation. R.p singh bowled well in england,australia,t20 he is developing and will take time we have persist with players,he is better at test than zaheer was at this age, Sreesanth has been bowling well in counties and is probably our most talented test bowler,he will come back munaf patel-why was he dropped after one bad game in nz where as in the previous 15 odis he has done well Pathan-Again made scapegoat for world t20 ouster with out given any real chance what do you expect if we chop and change so much there is no direction in this selection commitee head by srikant the joker who is scarier than batsman joker.