Tough times will help Ishant improve - Srinath

rkt.india

Hey i want to discuss about Ishant's performance here and will try to find the reasons behind that. I think the main reason he is going for many so many boundaries is that he is not bowling straight enough. we can see yesterday most of his 4 balls were very wide outside the off stump and why he is not bowling straight enough is b'coz he has developed some problems in his action, i noticed that in T20 WC from than on he has lost his pace and line and length. his deliveries are not going towards the batsman he bowls wide of the crease bt the delivery stays that wide it is not going straight towards the batsman from the hands. To know that we need to compare his action from today to CB series action at the delivery what is the position of his both hands when he goes in action. He is not running towards the batsman. he is an open chested bowler bt now he is trying to bowl like a side-on bowler. His left hand is not coming straight going towards left, coming horizontal rather than. his left hands needs to be come down by crossing the right eye but it is not happening now. I noticed this, maybe i m wrong. I am asking for ur opinions......... Look at this video and concentrate on his left hand here. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4lcnxfTQjc]YouTube - Ishant Sharma was expensive in the third ODI[/ame] Look at this video and concentrate on his left hand here. [ame=

- Ishant Sharma tribute Fastest Indian bowler[/ame] These small errors make a big difference.
When he played his second test he kept on bowling wide outside the off stump. But later in the innings he started bringing the ball back in. He picked up a fifer. That is his strength. Bringign the ball back in. But his line and length are more suitable for Tests than ODIs.
bt his action has changed from then

I dont care about what hes been doing in the ODIs , though i expect him to learn gradually ...still an awesome bowler in tests we have to handle our pace bowlers carefully , pick them only for important tournaments ...all our pace bowlers are equally inconsistent in ODI's , so it will hardly matter who we pick ...anyway ODI's are batsmen oriented

I dont care about what hes been doing in the ODIs , though i expect him to learn gradually ...still an awesome bowler in tests we have to handle our pace bowlers carefully , pick them only for important tournaments ...all our pace bowlers are equally inconsistent in ODI's , so it will hardly matter who we pick ...anyway ODI's are batsmen oriented
We havnt played test since T20 WC, when he changes his action, and he does not bowl straight how can he be effective in tests too, i doubt it, because of these changes in his action he needs come close the stumps while delivering. With this action he cant bowl wide of crease. He should like ambrose and Walsh used to close to the stumps, then he will be very effective, otherwise he will become another Irfan Pathan. Now he does not go over 135 at all and he was saying he will bowl 100 mph.

Bhailog Ishant is 20 yrs old and hasnt completed even 2 years in intl cricket..give him some breathing space...Mitch Jhonson or Steyn became the bowlers they are today after playing 3-4 years of intl cricket. Lets not lose our patience so soon. BTW why single our Ishant. None of our pacers have been in any sort of form at all for a long long time.

Check the stats of the bowlers who have played against India..Barring Mendis and Lee and Mitch Jhonson, none of them have a decent bowling average or economy rate. http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;opposition=6;spanmin2=01+jan+2008;spanval2=span;template=results;type=bowling Can we use these stats to say our bowlers havent been all that bad given that generally we have played on not so 'bowler friendly' wickets. http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;spanmin1=01+jan+2008;spanval1=span;team=6;template=results;type=bowling

i am addressing the reason behind his wide, in accurate, and quite a slow bowling. I am not saying he cant improve, but he is going wrong way, same thing happened with Irfan Pathan...he was also young and is still quite young. Steyn and Johnson became better bowler after playing a lot of FC cricket not int cricket......

We havnt played test since T20 WC' date=' when he changes his action, and he does not bowl straight how can he be effective in tests too, i doubt it, because of these changes in his action he needs come close the stumps while delivering. With this action he cant bowl wide of crease. He should like ambrose and Walsh used to close to the stumps, then he will be very effective, otherwise he will become another Irfan Pathan. Now he does not go over 135 at all and he was saying he will bowl 100 mph.[/quote'] Speed guns in srilanka show the speed of the ball when it is about to hit the pitch not from the hand,just compare his speeds in neosports,channel nine,skysports they measure speed sform the hand which is accurate.He will well in tests and thats what counts odis t20s really do not matter, buit i expect him to do well in southafrica where it will suit him,we have been playing on flat picthes lately.
Speed guns in srilanka show the speed of the ball when it is about to hit the pitch not from the hand,just compare his speeds in neosports,channel nine,skysports they measure speed sform the hand which is accurate.He will well in tests and thats what counts odis t20s really do not matter, buit i expect him to do well in southafrica where it will suit him,we have been playing on flat picthes lately.
How come lankans crossed 140k with ease?? Malinga even crossed 145k at times.
contact Prasad
Sir Venky is so useless he couldn't even fine tune pathan's action, poor guy always resorted to getting outside help. All new bloods perform better until they get some personal coaching from sir Venky.