Is Ishant ruined forever?

cowboysfan

I think he should have been sparingly used in ODIs. I am afraid we might have lost a great test bowler by making him play too many ODIs.
Why is everyone potraying Ishant as some great test bowler. He was very poor on NZ tracks which were ideal for a pacer. He has been poor in tests as well IMO. And at home is cannon fodder. He needs to be dropped from all forms of the game, until he shows in FC cricket that he is up for the job. I am afraid to see we all hyped way to much Mr Sharma
Why is everyone potraying Ishant as some great test bowler. He was very poor on NZ tracks which were ideal for a pacer. He has been poor in tests as well IMO. And at home is cannon fodder. He needs to be dropped from all forms of the game, until he shows in FC cricket that he is up for the job. I am afraid to see we all hyped way to much Mr Sharma
I think he probably deteriorated there as well after string of ODis, IPL games, T20 internationas. He won man of the series against Australia. Also he bowled beautifully at Kanpur to help India win the Test against South Africa. He is bowling at Venky's speed now. Actually his home record is better than his away record.
I am not justifying any of Ishant’s bad performance. I pointed those out to bring some perspective into the argument. I think its high time people stop expecting pacemen to come up with 10-1-35-2 sort of performances every other day. That may have been the norm 7-8 years' date=' but not anymore. If your fast bowler ends up with figures of 10-0-50-1, you should be reasonably satisfied. The game’s changing. Only the fans’ expectations don’t change.[/quote'] Dude with his current performance he would be lucky to have figures of 10-0-50-1. Batsmen look completely at ease with him, he could hardly trouble nervous starters let alone inform batsmen. Even if he wasnt getting punished by the batsmen, its hard to overlook the crappy line and length he's been bowling. Atleast with bowlers like malinga you could expect a few lbw shouts despite leaking runs.
Ravi and Harsha discussing about drop in Ishant's pace and is hinting that he will have to dropped soon They are also saying that Indian fast bowlers become medium pacers after a couple of seasons Ravi is in the selectors right.. I think they are going to let the axe fall soon
Everyone takes notice of it except for our bowling coach.
Ive got a plan- they should have a 'career cycle' wherein each paceman plays two years, then takes a 3 year rest before returning- that way the 3 cr@ppy years in between -which seem inevitable for indian pacers, he will not be playing. And hopefully toward the tail end of their careers theyll be ok again-like Zak. So Ishant is nearing the end of his good phase, drop him now. Bring in Tyagi (for his 15 month phase) and Sreesanth (who having been dropped already for about an year or so will be ok again) See where they went wrong with RPS is bringing him back too soon. Drop him now. And Irfan needs about a year or so on the sidelines too, he is always recalled too early. Same for Munaf When Tyagi and Sreesanth end their 'good phase' (in about a year) Bring RPS, and Irfan and MAYBE Ishant back in. Also have a look at whether say Kulkarni can play a year or so of internationals Zak could be the constant in all this. ITLL WORK!
:--D As Varun pointed out- my GENIUS N point betterment plan.
He was MOS Vs Australia in 4 test series when Aus visited us last year. So there goes your poor at test and fodder at home theory. :nervous:

As somebody else posted that Zak might be in the Ind-Aus series next month. If Zak comes then somebody will be sacked for sure. I think Nehra cannot be dropped as he is doing well. RP would definitely be dropped unless Dhoni fights with selectors again and insists on keeping him in the team. The only other option remains Ishant and I think if there are two seamers in the team then Ishant might also have to miss out after the return of Zak. But I am also not sure how Zak would perform after his return into the team.

As somebody else posted that Zak might be in the Ind-Aus series next month. If Zak comes then somebody will be sacked for sure. I think Nehra cannot be dropped as he is doing well. RP would definitely be dropped unless Dhoni fights with selectors again and insists on keeping him in the team. The only other option remains Ishant and I think if there are two seamers in the team then Ishant might also have to miss out after the return of Zak. But I am also not sure how Zak would perform after his return into the team.
RP will go. Zak,Nehra,Ishant look good. Zak can also influence Ishant in a positive manner.
To be honest' date=' the culprit is V.Prasad... freaking made V.Prasad out of Ishant..... Freaking Ishant starting in 145s in Australia and look at him now... can barely bowl 130...[/quote'] By that way,how many Dennis Lillees should we get from MRF:--D(just kidding).I really want a bowling coach like Allan Donald to instill the attitude of a fast bowler.