Is MSD's aura fading ?

Gambit

mate... bowlers would set positions you know.. bloody bhajji gave almost 20% of Pak runs in that region! dat is his fault... certainly worst bowling attack in the tournament! :omg: RP & Ishant was unbearable! :mad: :whack: Mishra should have come in earlier!, but i think, as many cricket experts say, Bhajji was over-rated, adn he blocked opportunity of Mishra or Ojha! also we were so so unfortunate in batting as well aginst pakis, followed by a call off against aussies :((
well Bhajji really bowled badly,but he was introduced in 26th over after Virat n Yusuf.Malik n Moyo were well set at that time.n then there no slip for Bhajji.i cant believe Bhajji refused the slip.his role should have been to attack but it was clear that Dhoni didnt use him like that. RP n Ishant were bad in SL too,so why did both play against Pak. n how has Bhajji blocked Mishra. u can alwas play two pacers n two spinners
well Bhajji really bowled badly,but he was introduced in 26th over after Virat n Yusuf.Malik n Moyo were well set at that time.n then there no slip for Bhajji.i cant believe Bhajji refused the slip.his role should have been to attack but it was clear that Dhoni didnt use him like that. RP n Ishant were bad in SL too,so why did both play against Pak. n how has Bhajji blocked Mishra. u can alwas play two pacers n two spinners
A good spinner should nail well set batsmen, so only he was introduced :) You know MS always feels for going with one regular spinner, as part-timers are there! in that way Bhajji came first to team selection! So mIshra chances went in vain! :nervous: I dont blame Bhajji, as even Murali didnt bowl well this CT 2009! anyway i would say, we were so unfortunate in terms of luck!
A good spinner should nail well set batsmen' date=' so only he was introduced [b']:) You know MS always feels for going with one regular spinner, as part-timers are there! in that way Bhajji came first to team selection! So mIshra chances went in vain! :nervous: I dont blame Bhajji, as even Murali didnt bowl well this CT 2009! anyway i would say, we were so unfortunate in terms of luck!
why would u go with just one spinner wen the pitch is fully expected to assist spin n fast bowlers r bowling crap? a good spinner well set batsmen,sure,but only wen he is given attacking field
why would u go with just one spinner wen the pitch is fully expected to assist spin n fast bowlers r bowling crap? a good spinner well set batsmen,sure,but only wen he is given attacking field
ok mate hogaya :cantstop: that now... here after team management should stop blind sticking with Bhajji!
Here is what happened: We were missing key players and we lost a match. Yes' date=' ope match. Don't make it a big deal.[/quote'] yes but we could have won even with a depleted side with some sense.as i said earlier tho,Aussies r not better than even this depleted team n r lucky to be in S/F
yes but we could have won even with a depleted side with some sense.as i said earlier tho' date='Aussies r not better than even this depleted team n r lucky to be in S/F[/quote'] Hind sight is a great luxury, isn't it? Yes, a few things could have been better. Dhoni had a bad day at office. Happens to everyone. What I am saying is: its not a big deal. At least not as big as we are making it.
Hind sight is a great luxury' date=' isn't it? Yes, a few things could have been better. Dhoni had a bad day at office. Happens to everyone. What I am saying is: its not a big deal. At least not as big as we are making it.[/quote'] Ofcourse we'll be back to our best against Aus wen the big 3 return.if anything that this has happened,it has exposed our weaknesses n would force the selectors to act

Dhoni has developed an annoying habit of removing a bowler from the attack when he is in the middle of a very good spell - it's almost like he wants to save that bowler for the end and assumes the bowler will just start from where he left off. Anyone remember the Brisbane final of the CB series - Sreesanth and P Kumar had a superb opening spell and he just kept them on and on. Sreesanth bowled 6 and P Kumar bowled 8 overs in their opening spell and Australia were 3 down by then. He immediately brought on Harbhajan after that and kept Chawla, the weakest link of the attack, till much later in the match, by which time half the Aussie side was out and the run rate was climbing. These days his bowling changes are much more defensive. He seems to think, "Alright, I've got a couple of quick wickets here, now let me get through some of the rubbish overs quickly". He did that against Pakistan by bowling the 5th and 6th bowler at both ends when we had them on the mat and then against Australia by trying to get a few overs in from Ishant and Raina when Nehra and Mishra were bowling so well and could easily have picked up a couple of wickets. Maybe, it's just a reflection of the lack of confidence he has in the bowling attack as a whole but he really needs to understand that continuing with in form bowlers gives you wickets and wickets are going to win you matches.

Akram slams Dhoni for dispirited leadership http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/series-tournaments/champions-trophy-2009/top-stories/Akram-slams-Dhoni-for-dispirited-leadership/articleshow/5076075.cms Disappointed with India's early ouster from the Champions Trophy, former Pakistan captain Wasim Akram has came down heavily on Mahendra Singh Dhoni for his listless captaincy. "I think body language of the Indians in this tournament wasn't good at all. I remember when Harbhajan came on to bowl and start conceding runs behind the wicket. If I was Dhoni I would have had a word with him, telling him I don't mind if you are hit through the covers but not (bowl) this line," Akram said.

i always knew india's ranking of being the best team in the world is overated. and correctly they was exposed in the CT.
Well.. SA lost twice. SL lost twice. Piss poor England won twice. So it means nothing . Settle down. You have to win more matches to become world no.1 not win dead rubbers.
Guest Hiten.
This annoying "darting outside the leg" line from Bhajji is costing India more and more. First in T20 his 5 wides became a difference in the end. He did the same against Pakistan. I agree with Akram on that. Dhoni should have asked him to bowl to his field.
I don't know why is he so afraid of tossing the ball up ? He is much more lethal bowler when he gives some flight and ripping his off spinners. Darting the ball makes batsmen's life easier as there is not much turn for them to negate it. Mishra on other hand is not at all afraid of giving some flight to his bowling and looks more likely to pick a wicket than Harby. Contending the runs should not be on spinner's mind because they are the first pick of opposition when it comes to attacking. Spinners should counter-attack by flighting the ball and inviting them to go after them.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Star News airing a live show...'kamzor kadi Kaun' (weakest link) And so far 70% responded that it's MS Dhoni !! Other culprits being Harbhajan,Ishant n Pathan. As Ravi Shastri always used to say, Indian public has the shortest memory !

He used to be a captain who takes risks and try new faces,that aspect has changed.He just turned into a fixed routine.For example he can't live without taking 3 quicks regardless of the conditions and the form of the bowlers.Was he like this before?

Dhoni always tries to use Bhajji as a strike bowler,he sometimes brings him after the part timers.when bhajji is bowling badly then dhoni quickly runs out of options.I think even bhajji should not feel safe of his position in the ODis.we have mishra and ojha who can step in if he continues this trend where he doesnt bowl well in big tournaments.