Is MSD's aura fading ?

Gambit

Is Captain Fantastic on a slippery slope after our early exit from two high profile exits? Fans/media are starting to question his leadership now in light of our performances in T20 WC and ICCCT. Granted that his main men(Veeru/Zak/Yuvi) weres injured but very few captains survive early exits from two such successive high profile events.

Nahh. Dhoni has an unprecedented success rate in ODIS, almost 10 cups in such a short time. He have not lost a single test under him. Besides its just one fricking ODI game that we lost. Aussies and Lankans coming home later in the year - Dhoni will be hailed captain magnificient again. But our bowling does need to pick up.

To be honest, CT oust cannot be blamed solely on the players. Weather played a big part and made us look like an idiots. Though, I will have to question his squad selection. Why is he so adamant on picking RP despite his repeated failures in the short format of the game ? Same applies with IS's pick. MSD few days back said that performances in IPL don't matter in squad selection, then I would like to know how did RP get into the side without proving any success besides IPL ? One more rant would be repeated ignorance over Sree's inclusion. What wrong has he done to be out of the playing XI (let alone squad) ? When you know your bowlers are struggling there is NO point in picking them and crossing your fingers over their performances. India's selection of players have cost them in both the tournaments. RP/IS were absolute crap prior to the T20 WC and were still picked as our strike bowlers :hmmmm:. These guys literally bleed runs and you cannot afford to do that consistently from both the ends. Dravid was picked due to his experience in CT, good call. But then why wasn't Agarkar called back to replace either IS or RP ? Agarkar does provide a boundary ball every over but I think he also gives you more chance of providing a breakthrough than IS and RP combined. Onto the selectors now, Sreekanth talked very big of building a pool of 25 players and rotating their shifts. Whatever happened to that ? Why are India struggling to pick a decent seam bowler in the team and forced to pick the repeated failures ? When we were on song, our bowling pool really looked strong but selectors kept persisting with one group of bowlers and in the end all of them exhausted. In near future, I would like selectors and MSD to sit down and pen these players for the reckoning. They HAVE to start rotating the players on very consistent base. Veeru Srt GG Raina Yuvraj MSD Nayar Kohli Nayar Irfan Pathan Yusuf Pathan << used only as a spinner KKD Agarkar Nehra Sreesanth Munaf Ishant RP Zaheer Praveen Kumar Harbhajan Mishra Ojha

In a knockout competition where every game is practically sudden death, you either have to be exceptionally good, or exceptionally lucky. India have been neither, for one reason or another. MSD, however, is gold dust. I couldn't wish for much more from an Indian captain. And those overs he bowled - a wonderful touch to cut through the disappointment of being knocked out. NO.

The thing with MSD is he strikes me as someone that may abdicate at any given moment. Here's a man that takes immense in pride in what he does and yet doesn't appear to crave power or a seat at the top. He's a facilitator not a dictator. I see similar signs in YK. Both will do well.

Is Captain Fantastic on a slippery slope after our early exit from two high profile exits? Fans/media are starting to question his leadership now in light of our performances in T20 WC and ICCCT. Granted that his main men(Veeru/Zak/Yuvi) weres injured but very few captains survive early exits from two such successive high profile events.
the honeymoon period might be over

so we are blaming inept bowling on dhoni now?.he should be hailed as a savior for getting us to the number 1 position with this 8th ranked bowling attack.when your best bowler in Bhajji bowls utter tripe then nothing Dhoni does will save us.Dhoni should be given full authority to select the bowlers he wants.we have reached a stage where we might never win another major tournament because our bowlers cant hold up there end.Is it asking too much to bowl a proper line and length?.none of the current bunch can do that it seems.

so we are blaming inept bowling on dhoni now?.he should be hailed as a savior for getting us to the number 1 position with this 8th ranked bowling attack.when your best bowler in Bhajji bowls utter tripe then nothing Dhoni does will save us.Dhoni should be given full authority to select the bowlers he wants.we have reached a stage where we might never win another major tournament because our bowlers cant hold up there end.Is it asking too much to bowl a proper line and length?.none of the current bunch can do that it seems.
My question is: why pick them then ? Dhoni had to have some say in picking these bowlers, no ?
My question is: why pick them then ? Dhoni had to have some say in picking these bowlers' date=' no ?[/quote'] dhoni has made it clear that not having irfan was a big hindrance in team selection as we could not play 2 spinners against the pakis,it could be inferred from his comments.the best thing we can do is unearth a suitable medium pace allrounder who can be a replacement for irfan before the world cup.we need to play 2 frontline spinners in india . i reaaly have no idea why they dropped irfan,it was beyond stupid.he could not have been worse than RP or IS and we could have used his batting.