India vs Australia, 2009 : Indian team announced for first 2 ODIs, retained for next 5 ODIs

SachDan

Selectors found the excuse not to pick sree as I said and used it! Pious hypocrites. Agree with dropping Dravid and Pathan. Good move picking Tyagi, lets have a look as apparently has pace, lets hope he has a radar as well Would have kept RP and dropped Nehra. And would have included R Sharma instead of Jadeja. We dont have a decent all rounder so no point picking a bits a nd pieces player and pretending we do have! But all in all not a bad squad
You're a maniac. RP in place of Nehra ? RP has been worse than IS in ODI's and should never be picked until he gains his swing back.

Even though we might not like style of Jadeja's play, even though he doesn't look any great bowler or an all rounder, they guy continues to score runs at domestic level and we just can't ignore him. I have never been a fan of Jadeja, neither I think many here are, but you cannot ignore the guy when he keep scoring runs in Irani cup or other domestic games.

Even though we might not like style of Jadeja's play, even though he doesn't look any great bowler or an all rounder, they guy continues to score runs at domestic level and we just can't ignore him. I have never been a fan of Jadeja, neither I think many here are, but you cannot ignore the guy when he keep scoring runs in Irani cup or other domestic games.
Jadeja at best can stay at the wicket and rotate the strike. Have seen on some occassions how he lets the game drift away with cautious approach..talking about ODIs. Not T20's.
Sree swings the bat well too upwards and downards' date=' Like he did in saf remembeR?[/quote'] Nel will never forget. Come on lets have some fun, lets get sree back in:palty: This forum will be on fire after all his antics. Can you imagine the send off he will give ponting if he bowls him. I will pay the fine to the match referee myself to see it:haha:
Jadeja at best can stay at the wicket and rotate the strike. Have seen on some occassions how he lets the game drift away with cautious approach..talking about ODIs. Not T20's.
See i know that but we are yet to see that from hin odi's. If he does that i am suer dhoni won't pick hi. I am not too excited by his inclusion in the squad, but it's just that I am pointing out here that we cannot leave him out since he is scoring runs at domestic level when the old-gold ranji players manoj and badri are failing in same games.
bhajji and mishy are the frontline spinners, my dear kohli will play, i want him to play
If that's the case then BCCI must play him in the XI :hysterical::hysterical: j/k don't worry, they will play two spinners knowing that no one other than ponting and hussey can play spinners that well in current OZ team.
Nel will never forget. Come on lets have some fun, lets get sree back in:palty: This forum will be on fire after all his antics. Can you imagine the send off he will give ponting if he bowls him. I will pay the fine to the match referee myself to see it:haha:
I think he will get a chance in this series. This is the squad for just 2 games. I am sure they will make few changes in the bowling deparment once the 2 games are done, or they will announce that one of the bowlers have had injury and Sree will be the replacement.
Nel will never forget. Come on lets have some fun, lets get sree back in:palty: This forum will be on fire after all his antics. Can you imagine the send off he will give ponting if he bowls him. I will pay the fine to the match referee myself to see it:haha:
yeah he will make faces after getting one wicket despite his figures showing 70-1:haha:

what are these selectors thinking? what is the point of throwing in jadeja and kohli against thre aussie attack which strill is potent despite their downfall? even the senior players like sehwag or yuvraj have had trouble vs the aussies. now what do they expect newbies to achieve against them? with the likes of rohit and uthappa left in the cold, this ain't the best team we can field. this is incompetence that is goin to cost us. however tyagi is welcome. fielders like munaf and nehra are an annoying sight as well.

Ishant left in the team, and Dravid was sent out? I'll be cheering full time for Australia to whoop India here.
I am disappointed, but will not support Aus. At the same time, I will not feel sorry if India loses, even badly. Selecting rookies for a Aus series, we will get drubbed 6-1/7-0 like the English recently. Select rookies for a series against BD, Eng or Pak.

Guys let's accept it. Dravid's inclusion/exclusion is not crucial to our chances in the WC. On batting friendly pitches in the sub-continent, some of the younger players could be more successful than Dravid in the ODIs. Likes of Raina,Kohli can easily score heavily with a better s/r than Rahul. More over these players add more value to the team with their allround abilities.