Abhay Deol, A fantastic actor

Cricketics

His movie choice is great, His acting is great. Was just watching his Oye Lucky Lucky Oye, and in that also he has acted really well. I really liked his first movie too in which he acted alongside Aisha Takia.
I agree, I had a feeling I was watching a seasoned actor not a new comer. Has good screen presence too.

I think "Socha na tha" still remains his best movie. It was a superb love story. Much better than what the Yashrajs or Johars produce. Abhay Deol's success lies in his choice of roles. He never goes for larger than life roles. If he did, he would have flopped pretty fast. He is also not dumb like the rest of his family. Sunny, Bobby, Dharam paji and even Esha come across as quite dumb and arrogant. But Abhay is different.

I think "Socha na tha" still remains his best movie. It was a superb love story. Much better than what the Yashrajs or Johars produce. Abhay Deol's success lies in his choice of roles. He never goes for larger than life roles. If he did, he would have flopped pretty fast. He is also not dumb like the rest of his family. Sunny, Bobby, Dharam paji and even Esha come across as quite dumb and arrogant. But Abhay is different.
I will beg to differ, Dharamendra shouldn't be included in that list of yours. Also, Abhay's best movie IMO is Ek challis is last local :hail:. As you said, he chooses non conventional scripts..he might not make a large fan base but whatever fans he can amass would be seasoned critics and people who know their movies.