Does money bring happiness

Sachinism

Well it all depends on your attitude. If you lead a very simple life and materialistic comforts don't matter much to you, then one can be content and happy with what they have. Do you have a philosophical/spiritual approach to life? Would I like to be financially independant? Yes. Having money is good to be secure but it will not always buy happiness. Tell me what is the definition of happiness? It's subjective. Success is getting and achieving what you want. Happiness is wanting and being content with what you get.

One thing I have realized: There is no better insurance for old age than money. If you are a rich old man, does not matter how annoying and bitter you become, there will be plenty of people who will find you adorable and will come to you for advice. You will be well taken care of.

One thing I have realized: There is no better insurance for old age than money. If you are a rich old man' date=' does not matter how annoying and bitter you become, there will be plenty of people who will find you adorable and will come to you for advice. You will be well taken care of.[/quote'] that is called the POWER of money.. thats the reason BCCI also has immense POWER in cricket :winky:

No matter how much money you have, there will always be things in your life that will make you both happy and unhappy.
Aww. Well put. Tgidi is right, if youre not materialistic than youre content and possbily happy with relatively less. BUT more would make you happier still!!! Money helps, And it does bring happiness. You can go holidays with your partner (heck, even alone) buy nice thing that make you happy. If I had a great car Id be happy everytime I drove it. So yes id say.

A piece of paper with some zeroes and a picture of Gandhi can never be a source of lasting happiness. But what money/wealth is very good at doing is provide temporary joy and a sense of pride/achievement. But let's not delude ourselves, wealth is important, even extremely important. But if you make it your be-all-and-end-all of all goals in life, totally lacking any moral and ethical foundations, then you're in big trouble. I suppose the key is to strike a balance that not only helps you thrive in this world, but also gives just enough inner peace.

Money makes life easier. Happiness is a state of mind. No matter how much money you have, there will always be things in your life that will make you both happy and unhappy.
Well said. It indeed is a state of mind and with some control, one can be happy any condition as long as there is no physical pain. But that kind of control is not easy to achieve.
A piece of paper with some zeroes and a picture of Gandhi can never be a source of lasting happiness. But what money/wealth is very good at doing is provide temporary joy and a sense of pride/achievement. But let's not delude ourselves, wealth is important, even extremely important. But if you make it your be-all-and-end-all of all goals in life, totally lacking any moral and ethical foundations, then you're in big trouble. I suppose the key is to strike a balance that not only helps you thrive in this world, but also gives just enough inner peace.
Very well said.:two_thumbs_up:

as lot of great ppl have said Money should be byproduct of your work/profession/career/acheivements. It should not be direct product I look at this way. If I have money, I can produce lot of jobs, I can help near and dear ones in tough situation. If I have money, I would hire maids, drivers, garderners etc. So in shorts its not a bad thing. But money should stay in your pocket, should not go to your head.

Money does not bring you happiness. It brings happiness to your near and dear ones. The most enjoyable phase for most people is their school/college days, a phase when they rarely have money. Heck personally speaking I have had lot more fun when I didnt have money. The charm of listening to Dil se songs on a cassette system (does anyone remember them?) in a 10 year old 4th hand Ford Tempo brought more pleasures to me than a 6cd changer Bose system in my V6 ride these days. Quality of music is inherently better but the happiness that former system brought was much more. I think it has to do with responsibility as such. You want to have the best that the world has to offer for your family and kids and that makes you happy. If happiness was related simply to an individual I dare say money would probably not seem so valuable. xxx

Money does not bring you happiness. It brings happiness to your near and dear ones. The most enjoyable phase for most people is their school/college days, a phase when they rarely have money. Heck personally speaking I have had lot more fun when I didnt have money. The charm of listening to Dil se songs on a cassette system (does anyone remember them?) in a 10 year old 4th hand Ford Tempo brought more pleasures to me than a 6cd changer Bose system in my V6 ride these days. Quality of music is inherently better but the happiness that former system brought was much more. I think it has to do with responsibility as such. You want to have the best that the world has to offer for your family and kids and that makes you happy. If happiness was related simply to an individual I dare say money would probably not seem so valuable. xxx
oh comeon to enjoy college life you needed money, those picnic,s movies, restaurants. Jeez it cost my dad money. :winky::winky:. He gave me his ATM card to enjoy. Thanks Dad.

Money brings luxury, Money brings Handycams, money brings HDTvz, Money brings Laptop and if you don't have laptop, then you can't download Oye lucky lucky oye and watch Oye Lucky Lucky Oye, the best movie ever, you can't watch Manjot Singh the legend who performed Lucky as a kid in OLLO.

Also, are we talking about "lot of money" here or just "money"? I feel we should have enough so you live a comfortable life, especially at old age. Money means security and those who want to deny it haven't been in a dire situation yet. Its not about a phase in life where your experience was wonderful because you could only afford things with your little bank balance Money affects many aspects and I am talking through experience, whether you like it or not, it gets you respect ( Unless you are a drug dealer etc), your chances of a getting a good partner/life goes higher. Apart from affordable luxuries, you can donate and even plan things which would benefit others You know this recession has affected many couples where marriages are breaking down due to financial problems, so it can lead to frustration and agony. A substantial bank balance for retirement, a roof on the head and good food to eat - I think its fair to dream for these things Alternatively, a windfall of cash can bring its own wonderful problems..never experienced it but seen lives destroyed