The greatest batsman on earth -or maybe not?

graphic23

Hindsight's a beautiful thing' date=' but he should have batted at 3. Sehwag got us off at a fantastic tempo, but found himself sucked into the pressure being created by Sachin. Gambhir would've supported him better, (and I said this before he even came in to bat and got a 50). I feel that those 2 would have done a better job of opening, leaving Sachin free to do a better job at 3, minus the pressure...[/quote'] Look at it this way. Gambhir plays the same way whether he bats on the top or at no 3. On the other hand, Sachin's form dips considerably if he does not open Todays match was a one off but if you notice all the recent partnership. Sachin - Sehwag has done as goode if not better than Sehwag-Gambhir in recent times. One partnership failure cannot be a reason to ask Sachin to step down the order
Todays match was a one off but if you notice all the recent partnership. Sachin - Sehwag has done as goode if not better than Sehwag-Gambhir in recent times. One partnership failure cannot be a reason to ask Sachin to step down the order
If it is 300 plus chases i would like Gambhir/Sehwag to open. They can provide perfect platform for those follow next. Their running between the wicket is better than Sehwag/Sachin running between the wicket.
He's become tuk tuk. Cant open an innings if it depended on his life. Awful at the moment. Better if he's dropped. The team is not in balance because of him. Get Yusuf Pathan in place of him -seriously. Or maybe Subramaniam Badrinath - remember that guy? Better even' date=' Murali Vijay. I bet any of these players could've done better than this fool of a batsman. Why the f|_|ck is he still playing cricket? I dont get it.[/quote'] orly-ostrich.jpg

Sachin now scores runs once 8-10 matches which is not expected from an opening batsman. His reflex have slowed down and i think he needs to consider it and just concentrate on test matches where he is more needed. India have won without him too like in SL and WI and till when India will be depended on him, one day he has too. They need to think real. With this kind of fitness, he cannot survive and his fielding sucks too now a days.............

Sachin now scores runs once 8-10 matches which is not expected from an opening batsman. His reflex have slowed down and i think he needs to consider it and just concentrate on test matches where he is more needed. India have won without him too like in SL and WI and till when India will be depended on him' date=' one day he has too. They need to think real. With this kind of fitness, he cannot survive and his fielding sucks too now a days.............[/quote'] Do you have data to back up your claim that he scores only every 8-10 matches and that Sehwag Gambhir score more frequently than him?
Look at it this way. Gambhir plays the same way whether he bats on the top or at no 3. On the other hand, Sachin's form dips considerably if he does not open Todays match was a one off but if you notice all the recent partnership. Sachin - Sehwag has done as goode if not better than Sehwag-Gambhir in recent times. One partnership failure cannot be a reason to ask Sachin to step down the order
Sachin-Sehwag partnerships hardly clicks while Gauti-Veeru has worked on most times One of the reasons Gauti should open with Veeru is because of the left-right combination.. if you check our history we always had success with left-right combination at the top as it unsettles the opening bowlers automatically by making them adjust their line and length after every ball or two ... Gauti-Ganguly was a great left-right combo and then came Gauti-Veeru ... both have been highly successful.. thats why I would opt for Gauti-Veeru on any day rather than Sachin-Veeru
Sachin-Sehwag partnerships hardly clicks while Gauti-Veeru has worked on most times One of the reasons Gauti should open with Veeru is because of the left-right combination.. if you check our history we always had success with left-right combination at the top as it unsettles the opening bowlers automatically by making them adjust their line and length after every ball or two ... Gauti-Ganguly was a great left-right combo and then came Gauti-Veeru ... both have been highly successful.. thats why I would opt for Gauti-Veeru on any day rather than Sachin-Veeru
EPIC :fail: :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: I know what you meant...Sachin-Sourav combo..

He dropped a catch as well. He is getting old i say :P and look at his strike rate today, i mean why dont the selectors apply the same yardsticks to all the players. If they can drop RD then why not SRT! Sachin better redeem himself in the next few matches hitting centuries of every match and that too match winning ones and that too while chasing :D