The greatest batsman on earth -or maybe not?

graphic23

Do you have data to back up your claim that he scores only every 8-10 matches and that Sehwag Gambhir score more frequently than him?
gambhir scored half century in CT against pak then he got out early again WI and scored runs in this match too. Sachin scored hundred while batting first in final in SL bt i dnt remember any significant score before and after
gambhir scored half century in CT against pak then he got out early again WI and scored runs in this match too. Sachin scored hundred while batting first in final in SL bt i dnt remember any significant score before and after
I think you ought to attribute that to your poor memory than Sachin's seeming inconsistency.
5 15 16 0 0 31.25 2 lbw 2 v Sri Lanka Dambulla 28 Jan 2009 ODI # 2806 6 11 9 0 0 66.66 2 lbw 1 v Sri Lanka Colombo (RPS) 31 Jan 2009 ODI # 2810 7 9 12 0 1 58.33 2 lbw 1 v Sri Lanka Colombo (RPS) 3 Feb 2009 ODI # 2813 20 43 23 2 0 86.95 2 caught 1 v New Zealand Napier 3 Mar 2009 ODI # 2821 61 100 69 7 1 88.40 2 lbw 1 v New Zealand Wellington 6 Mar 2009 ODI # 2822 163* 206 133 16 5 122.55 2 retired notout 1 v New Zealand Christchurch 8 Mar 2009 ODI # 2823 46 81 55 6 0 83.63 2 caught 2 v New Zealand Colombo (RPS) 11 Sep 2009 ODI # 2886 27 63 33 5 0 81.81 2 caught 2 v Sri Lanka Colombo (RPS) 12 Sep 2009 ODI # 2887 138 214 133 10 1 103.75 2 lbw 1 v Sri Lanka Colombo (RPS) 14 Sep 2009 ODI # 2889 8 19 14 1 0 57.14 2 caught 2 v Pakistan Centurion 26 Sep 2009 ODI # 2898 TDNB - - - - - - - - v Australia Centurion 28 Sep 2009 ODI # 2901 14 40 29 2 0 48.27 2 caught 2 v Australia Vadodara 25 Oct 2009 ODI # 2913
vs. SL, he had scores of 5,6,7 at the beginning of this year, and that was because a drunken monkey could have umpired better than Dharmasena. vs. NZ, I think he had one hell of a series. Absolutely stunning. vs. SL earlier this season, he played really well. CT '09 - Didn't do that well, but he batted in ONE ***ing match. and now one match here. Next time you feel like pulling "stats" out of your ass, dont.
I think you ought to attribute that to your poor memory than Sachin's seeming inconsistency. vs. SL, he had scores of 5,6,7 at the beginning of this year, and that was because a drunken monkey could have umpired better than Dharmasena. vs. NZ, I think he had one hell of a series. Absolutely stunning. vs. SL earlier this season, he played really well. CT '09 - Didn't do that well, but he batted in ONE ***ing match. and now one match here. Next time you feel like pulling "stats" out of your ass, dont.
only one big inning in new zealand and only 2 good innings except that. 11 innings 2 good scores. u need to remember he is Sachin Tendulkar India's greatest batsman. This does not do justice to him. India have won without him too. Now a days, he does not add anything special in the team like a few years back he was. He is as ordinary as any indian player now.
Maybe if he opened with GG and push Sehwag to 5 in the order We'd miss Sehwags boundries at the start, but if SRT and GG can see off the new ball; the likes of Sehwag, Yuv and Raina can capitalise in the middle/end overs
There is a bit of a dilemma for the opening slots. I think that idea is worth giving a go.
Veeru is best at the start .. we have UV' date=' Raina for the middle and end overs.. Sachin can bat at 3 and Dhoni at 4[/quote'] I guess so, Sachin should let Sehwag and Gambhir take the shine off the new ball and then punish them bowlers thereafter. Dhoni should have a floating position depending on situation of the game
I guess so' date=' Sachin should let Sehwag and Gambhir take the shine off the new ball and then punish them bowlers thereafter. Dhoni should have a floating position depending on situation of the game[/quote'] I agree that Dhoni should remain flexible as he is now.. I wont mind Raina also given chance at no. 4 often.. it has been a long time since he got the opportunity to score big ... and due to lack of opportunities he wont perform and fingers might be pointed at him soon .. so he should be given a chance as he has not yet fully cemented his place though almost there
I agree that Dhoni should remain flexible as he is now.. I wont mind Raina also given chance at no. 4 often.. it has been a long time since he got the opportunity to score big ... and due to lack of opportunities he wont perform and fingers might be pointed at him soon .. so he should be given a chance as he has not yet fully cemented his place though almost there
Don't know if Raina will be pushed ahead of Yuvi for good.

At every moment in the last 2 years after the 2007 WC, when doubters and detractors have heaped mountains of criticisms, Sach has replied back with vengeance never seen before. For the sake of your own self-worth and dignity, you really don’t want to critique Sach, because its only a matter of time before he’s gonna make you look an absolute nincompoop.