Match Thrown Away

do u really think Sehwag would have survived for too long against Siddle the way he ws bowling?i think it was perfect strategy from SRT to see off Siddle n Sehwag to attack Johnson who was bowling trash. we dont think Sachin is beyond criticism,but we dont criticize him just for the sake of it either.how easily have u ignored that he was given out wrongly? if u really think Sachin is the main villain of this match,then u should stick to watch T20s n Hong Kong Sixes,Test Cricket n ODIs r not for u
I agree. Sachin took most of Siddle and allowed Sehwag to play his shots against Johnson. Sehwag immediately got out when he played better bowling. Tendulkar's contribution may not be visible, but he was batting very wisely. In the rain of sixes from the other end, no one noticed how good Siddle was bowling and how well Sachin was playing him.

I agree with spectre that Tendulkar's batting initially was poor and that might have put pressure on Sehwag. I have criticised Dravid for such batting in the past where his tuk tuk resulted in a wicket at the other end and Tendulkar's batting was reminiscent of that. He did accelerate later. I don't think he was the prime reason for the loss. His SR was still better than Yuvi's,MSD's and Jadeja's.

I agree. Sachin took most of Siddle and allowed Sehwag to play his shots against Johnson. Sehwag immediately got out when he played better bowling. Tendulkar's contribution may not be visible' date=' but he was batting very wisely. In the rain of sixes from the other end, no one noticed how good Siddle was bowling and how well Sachin was playing him.[/quote'] talking about Siddle,i hear hes got injured too n is returning home,now we should win this comfortably
do u really think Sehwag would have survived for too long against Siddle the way he ws bowling?i think it was perfect strategy from SRT to see off Siddle n Sehwag to attack Johnson who was bowling trash. we dont think Sachin is beyond criticism,but we dont criticize him just for the sake of it either.how easily have u ignored that he was given out wrongly? if u really think Sachin is the main villain of this match,then u should stick to watch T20s n Hong Kong Sixes,Test Cricket n ODIs r not for u
haha, you just think Siddle was a demon on that pitch. Fact was that Siddle was made to look that way, by giving him maidens, any damn bowler would look dangerous when you start playing him out BS saying he was shieling Sehwag, very lame :hysterical: , here is a guy who has thrashed their No.1 bowler from the other end. Its not he was shielding a tailender. i agree you guys go to any end to defend his approach I dont say Sachin is the viilian, i say the opening duo is the villian, not putting up a substantial score in all the four matches Fact is you blame Dhoni for this defeat shows your cricketing acumen, keep it up He was made to do a repair job again by that top order and his approach is always that, to keep taking singles and then launch into overdrive later, it didnt come off today, you just cant expect he will be able to fix the bad starts everytime He was playing very well at No.5, why should he mess up by coming at 3, Kholi was giving an ideal opportunity to make use of it, but he messed up
I agree with spectre that Tendulkar's batting initially was poor and that might have put pressure on Sehwag. I have criticised Dravid for such batting in the past where his tuk tuk resulted in a wicket at the other end and Tendulkar's batting was reminiscent of that. He did accelerate later. I don't think he was the prime reason for the loss. His SR was still better than Yuvi's' date='MSD's and Jadeja's.[/quote'] But isn't that how Tendulkar has always been. He likes to take his own time to set in. Some times he gets off soon, some times he eats up many deliveries. But he does compensate for the dot balls once he gets his eye in.
haha' date=' you just think Siddle was a demon on that pitch. Fact was that Siddle was made to look that way, bu giving him maidens[/quote'] o really did u watch the match or just commenting on scorecard:haha:
I dont say Sachin is the viilian, i say the opening duo is the villian, not putting up a substantial score in all the four matches
agreed there
Fact is you blame Dhoni for this defeat shows your cricketing acumen, keep it up He was made to do a repair job again by that top order and his approach is always that, to keep taking singles and then launch into overdrive later, it didnt come off today, you just cant expect he will be able to fix the bad starts everytime
actually he didnot have to fixed the bad starts this time,all he needed to do was to play his natural game.not score 26 off 46 like he did.i blame whole MO.Raina n Yuvi too. they needed to attack the opposition
He was playing very well at No.5, why should he mess up by coming at 3, Kholi was giving an ideal opportunity to make use of it, but he messed up
becuase ur best n experienced batsmen should always be at the top.Since GG was out n Mahi was in such gr8 form.why not make full use of the form n play maximum overs as possible

Only Sachin, Yuvi and Dhoni can build a partnership steadily in the middle overs in the current team (and Ghambir if fit). This is our big problem now. OT : India has 8 of the top 15 partnership in history and barring 1 by Azhar-Jadeja combo, two of Sachin, Ganguly and Dravid has been involved in all of those. Those were the times.

actually he didnot have to fixed the bad starts this time,all he needed to do was to play his natural game.not score 26 off 46 like he did.i blame whole MO.Raina n Yuvi too. they needed to attack the opposition
ROFL, you blame everyone except Sachin, what a big hypocrite you are Siddle didnt look anywhere menacing as you make him to be, if you watched it on TV rather than reading off Cricinfo he was bowling well agreed, but playing him as you play an opening first few overs of a test match on a seaming wicket doesn't make sense
BS saying he was shieling Sehwag, very lame , here is a guy who has thrashed their No.1 bowler from the other end. Its not he was shielding a tailender. i agree you guys go to any end to defend his approach
again u seem to be talking from the scorecard.its not how good a bowler Johnson,its how he was bowling,he was bowling trash.whereas Siddle was bowling beutifully.if Siddle bowled like Johnson,i'm sure SRT would attack him or give the strike to Sehwag
But isn't that how Tendulkar has always been. He likes to take his own time to set in. Some times he gets off soon' date= some times he eats up many deliveries. But he does compensate for the dot balls once he gets his eye in.
Nope. On the contrary, he gets a flurry of boundaries in early and then plays percentage cricket(this is him since 2003). Tendulkar usually hits 75% of his boundaries between 0-50 and the rest between 50-XXX.
again u seem to be talking from the scorecard.its not how good a bowler Johnson' date='its how he was bowling,he was bowling trash.whereas Siddle was bowling beutifully.if Siddle bowled like Johnson,[b']i'm sure SRT would attack him or give the strike to Sehwag
haha, fact is he didnt make an attempt to attack or take a single dude, thats what irkes me he was treating him like like a courtney walsh bowling jaffas every ball in that over No point trying to explain to you The way u read the situation of the match and blamed Dhoni for it just shows how you rational you are Sachin had the power play, new ball and a guy who was on rampage at other end, Dhoni had 4 wickets gone, 150+ runs to get, not much batting to come and no license for big hits
haha, fact is he didnt make an attempt to attack or take a single dude, thats what irkes me he was treating him like like a courtney walsh bowling jaffas every ball in that over
arre bhai we just needed 250 n Sehwag was going well against Johnson,why would u expose him early against man bowling well.we sawwhat happened wen Bollinger came,Sehwag was out in his first over
No point trying to explain to you The way u read the situation of the match and blamed Dhoni for it just shows how you rational you are
like u blamed Sachin,if that was rational,then i'm happy i'm irrational
Sachin had the power play, new ball and a guy who was on rampage at other end, Dhoni had 4 wickets gone, 150+ runs to get, not much batting to come and no license for big hits
this wasnt Kotla dude where most of runs had to be scored against new ball.the pacers were getting assistance from the wicket.the spinners were comparatively easier to score but Dhoni,UV n Raina made Hauritz look like Murli
ROFL, you blame everyone except Sachin, what a big hypocrite you are Siddle didnt look anywhere menacing as you make him to be, if you watched it on TV rather than reading off Cricinfo he was bowling well agreed, but playing him as you play an opening first few overs of a test match on a seaming wicket doesn't make sense
why not?wats the need to attack from both ends,despite his maidens,we still made 40 in overs.e just needed 250,if a guy was bowling well,why not respect him
this wasnt Kotla dude where most of runs had to be scored against new ball.the pacers were getting assistance from the wicket.the spinners were comparatively easier to score but Dhoni' date='UV n Raina made Hauritz look like Murli[/quote'] you dont seem to get what i mean, which i understand since you have a biased view I never said Sachin had to go berserk Sachin had to just rotate the strike, unsettle the bowler, if possible take him out of the attack and bring in their second string The way i blamed Sachin i would have blamed any other player, i have nothing for and against him give credit, Hauritz is bowling superbly(much better than the Indian counterpart) being a spinner and bowling against an Indian lineup known to play spin best and you didnt get the context where i said Johnson was the No.1 He was their main bowler on paper like what Zak is for us or Nehra is currently, i meant that way
you dont seem to get what i mean, which i understand since you have a biased view I never said Sachin had to go berserk Sachin had to just rotate the strike, unsettle the bowler, if possible take him out of the attack and bring in their second string The way i blamed Sachin i would have blamed any other player, i have nothing for and against him
rotate strike n give it to Sehwag against Siddle?that IMO would have meant an early end to Sehwag blitz.
give credit, Hauritz is bowling superbly(much better than the Indian counterpart) being a spinner and bowling against an Indian lineup known to play spin best
he is bowling well but not that well,they did not come the track like Indians normally do.ot try to attack him.if u allow a bowler like Hauritz to settle into his rythm,his figres r gonna look good.the ball was not turning,there was dew,few attacking shots or even 5-6 singles per over was perfectly acheivable
and you didnt get the context where i said Johnson was the No.1 He was their main bowler on paper like what Zak is for us or Nehra is currently, i meant that way
but Siddle is inform bowler.Johnson is low on confidence n hasa not been bowling with new ball,so he was comparatively easier option to attack
rotate strike n give it to Sehwag against Siddle?that IMO would have meant an early end to Sehwag blitz.
i can only laugh at this, how do you assume that Sehwag would have struggled or got out Just because Sachin was leaving them on and on :haha: i am out of it, maybe if some sane replies come up later with a good argument, its worth replying
If Jadeja played that very same 40 knock by Sachin you'd be raving about the next great Indian prospect.
if jadeja or someone would have done the same thing, the board would have flamed him left right and center, and there would have been 10 threads asking him to be chucked out or retired Just because its Sachin, his followers are mum, hypocrisy at its absolute best
i can only laugh at this, how do you assume that Sehwag would have struggled or got out Just because Sachin was leaving them on and on :haha: i am out of it, maybe if some sane replies come up later with a good argument, its worth replying
Sachin was leaving them for a reason dude.they were very good deliveries.Sehwag with the kind of mood he was in.would have tried to attack him,n its moe likely he would have been out,they were too good deliveries to attack one example Why do u think Bollinger got Sehwag?coz he bowled 5 good dot deliveries n Sehwag got restless n threw his wicket away.he should have stayed calm like SRT.sometimes its okay to respect good balls P.S. that Bollinger over was a maiden too with Sehwag playing 5 dot balls