How good was Ajay Jadeja acc. you in his playing days?

Jadeja was a very good player, if I am correct was the vice captain for some time. .
Very good:yikes: Did you ever see him play? He was the Kaif of his time. In fact he was worse then Kaif as his fileding was no were near as good. Players like him are why the 90s was so dissapointing as an indian fan. People like him dissapointed and dissapointed time and again. If he was very good, then very good players are legends and legends are gods and gods are.... I would call him an average player, possibly below average. Next we will be doing threads reliving the greatness of Prabhakar and Mongia

Ajay jadeja was an average batsman but was a good fielder.He was a part of that batting line-up of India when Indian team was a one man team-the one and only tendulkar.It was really easy for the opposition..just get sachin out and you are through...very fragile batting line-up-sachin at 1,followed by ganguly at 2,dravid at 3(both ganguly and dravid were new in mid and late nineties),azhar at 4(very unreliable in mid and late nineties),followed by jadeja and robin singh. Jadeja sometimes had a casual approach...sometimes he used to play games in such a way as if he has come for a picnic...so on the whole, jadeja...very unreliable..he was a live wire though.He is better off at NDTV studio with sonali chander

I remember this one match- think he was captaining, vs England possibly and it was very tight, Eng needed some big hits to in in the last over- jadeja bought himself on and took 3 wickets in the final over to win it for us. He was that kind of player- as Dom said street smart, instinctive He and Robin Singh at 5/6 were a decent lower middle order pair good runners between the wickets- was it the tour of SA that had a good stand vs Zimboks to take us to the final of the three series (and what a final it was, Dravid hitting Donald for THAT six etc, aah). And him and Azhar did have a good middle order undestandin. Cheats that they were. clever cricketer and pretty energetic and enthusiastic type. Had he been at 7 yes we would have won, as he is obv a better batsman than RJ. Then again if he was around today he wouldnt get in the first team as a batsman, and if he did he wouldnt be at 7.

I remember this one match- think he was captaining, vs England possibly and it was very tight, Eng needed some big hits to in in the last over- jadeja bought himself on and took 3 wickets in the final over to win it for us. He was that kind of player- as Dom said street smart, instinctive He and Robin Singh at 5/6 were a decent lower middle order pair good runners between the wickets- was it the tour of SA that had a good stand vs Zimboks to take us to the final of the three series (and what a final it was, Dravid hitting Donald for THAT six etc, aah). And him and Azhar did have a good middle order undestandin. Cheats that they were. clever cricketer and pretty energetic and enthusiastic type. Had he been at 7 yes we would have won, as he is obv a better batsman than RJ. Then again if he was around today he wouldnt get in the first team as a batsman, and if he did he wouldnt be at 7.
It was during the last game of the preliminary stage India needed to chase 240 (what Zim made) in 40 overs to qualify for the finals. SRT gave brilliant start and these two finished off the proceedings. Dravid hit 6 to Donald (who looked so aghast and he did not know how the eff did dravid manage to clear the boundary ropes :haha:) in the finals.
Very good:yikes: Did you ever see him play? He was the Kaif of his time. In fact he was worse then Kaif as his fileding was no were near as good. Players like him are why the 90s was so dissapointing as an indian fan. People like him dissapointed and dissapointed time and again. If he was very good, then very good players are legends and legends are gods and gods are.... I would call him an average player, possibly below average. Next we will be doing threads reliving the greatness of Prabhakar and Mongia
lol true folks on here are elevating him to godly status when he was an average 90's player
It was during the last game of the preliminary stage India needed to chase 240 (what Zim made) in 40 overs to qualify for the finals. SRT gave brilliant start and these two finished off the proceedings. Dravid hit 6 to Donald (who looked so aghast and he did not know how the eff did dravid manage to clear the boundary ropes :haha:) in the finals.
Thats it. SRT made a very good ton I think. Those two finished it well. Sachin had a good final too made a quick 40-odd. Dravid and Azhar (who were also good middle order duo, accumulated well together) had a good stand in the final. Drav made 80 something I think. He was a good ODI bat, I dont think anyone is saying he was AMAZING.

For his time, he was quite good, above par. He showed a streak of street-smartness that we were not generally accustomed to seeing from our players. He was a very good planner of the innings. He wasn’t a natural power-hitter, but had the gift of touch and timing. You could say Jadeja was a player who was ahead of his time.

For his time, he was quite good, above par. He showed a streak of street-smartness that we were not generally accustomed to seeing from our players. He was a very good planner of the innings. He wasn’t a natural power-hitter, but had the gift of touch and timing. You could say Jadeja was a player who was ahead of his time.
WTF:yikes: He had a test average of 26 and I think that flatterd him frankly.
I was a small boy when I saw his batting and wasnt too keen about averages and strike rates as I am aware of now:giggle: I just liked his style of batting, whether he was good or very good is for you guys to judge.. But his match fixing allegations definitely tainted his image, overshadowing his achievements.

Dont know how good he was but he was one of the best Indian batsman and fielders at that time. He and Azhar were the mainstay of the middle and I still remember them winning many matches. Jadeja was a lot attacking while Azhar was a wristy player and I liked watching their partnership particularly as they had good rapport. But if I compare them to our present lineup then they were not that good. However, have to appreciate them for their performances during their time.