India Test Squad Announced (Sri Lanka 2009)

champ

By that time someone like Pujara/Dhawan would be ready for internationals. I wont be surprised if Rohit/Raina fill in the slots either.
be ready by playing only domestics?i much rather groom them by being in the dressing room alongside legends n learn from them.i'm pretty sure Rohit/Raina would be as ready if they get regularly selected in the squad n share dressing room with players like RD,VVS,SRT
be ready by playing only domestics?i much rather groom them by being in the dressing room alongside legends n learn from them.i'm pretty sure Rohit/Raina would be as ready if they get regularly selected in the squad n share dressing room with players like RD' date='VVS,SRT[/quote'] They are already playing internationals right? Its not as if they are playing only in the domestics.
n what basis
Yuvraj Singh is not a test player by any means (his record shows that). And I believe Rohit Sharma is a much better player of spin bowling than Yuvraj. Ishant Sharma is way out of form. And as it is he struggles against LHB (the entire SL top order if I remember correctly). It'd be better to go with someone who can keep things tight.
Yuvraj Singh is not a test player by any means (his record shows that). And I believe Rohit Sharma is a much better player of spin bowling than Yuvraj. Ishant Sharma is way out of form. And as it is he struggles against LHB (the entire SL top order if I remember correctly). It'd be better to go with someone who can keep things tight.
Yuvraj's record in tests in India is pretty good.he did well the last time Lanka were here for tests Ishant is a good test bowler.its not like Munaf is in redhot form.he got pasted in Hyderabad n was unimpressive. SL top order has only Paranavitana n Sanga as LHBs.rest Dilshan,Mahela,Samaraweera,Mathews,n P.Jayawardene are all RHBs.
Yuvraj's record in tests in India is pretty good.he did well the last time Lanka were here for tests Ishant is a good test bowler.its not like Munaf is in redhot form.he got pasted in Hyderabad n was unimpressive. SL top order has only Paranavitana n Sanga as LHBs.rest Dilshan,Mahela,Samaraweera,Mathews,n P.Jayawardene are all RHBs.
Good for us.
His record in India is decent (not pretty good) and he scored 2 ducks and 2 fifties last time around. He is pretty much a gamble, and personally I feel this is the right time to play a guy who can grab the opportunity, and be more consistent. (Murali Vijay is one such guy, and Rohit can be if he is given the opportunity in tests). No one is doubting Ishant's potential. I am questioning his form which is rotten. Both he and Sreesanth have the propensity to go for runs. If we pick 3 pacers, then you need one who can just stick to a given plan and Munaf is one. Also Munaf bowled decently in Hyderabad. (and the FC games he played). It was a batting paradise where strokes not usually risked in tests were being played.
Save him for ODI's where he has found his form back. Zak/Nehra opening pair again will be perfect and hopefully Sreesanth will make a comeback to ODI's too while Ishant finds him form in Domestic.
hahaha.... seems some new hero could be produced from Island in the coming series, just like Bollinger :hysterical: :pray: India should make a comeback!