Green Park, Kanpur 2009 : Pitch discussion

Feed

Green Park, Kanpur 2009 : Pitch discussion  

1. 1.

• India wins at Kanpur
    • SL wins at Kanpur
    • Match drawn after 5 days

I predicted an Indian draw last test match and it happened "Easily" and now i am prediction our victory which will also happen "easily". :D
I'm counting on your prediction now :icflove: I hope we dont do the "Sydney approach" - where Ganguly went into day-3 morning. We should play carefully for first hour on day-2, but after that score freely (600-650?) and declare after tea? Hopefully thats what Dhoni and Kirsten will be thinking.
now hows that for a prediction. Told ya we would win this easily! B->:yay:
What the heck is that.. and why do you keep calling me Bhaskar
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: oh, and impure india here you go:
As a kids in India, we are told not to utter something bad. We are cautioned about the Asthu fairies, which are all around listening to what we say and what we think. The asthu fairies say only one thing "thathasthu"- meaning "so be it".

This Kanpur Pitch... I'm sorry if there's already a thread on this, I couldn't see one... Just wanted to say, after a day where 13 wickets fell, on a 3rd day pitch, pretty evenly to pace and spin, a big '***** you' to all the retards that have been criticising us for the past couple of days, (mainly English and Pakistanis). The stuff I've seen about the pitch being dead, and being made to bulk up Indian stats and records, now I want all those people to painfully acknowledge that our batting is superior, as is our bowling attack in this test. This is why we're 300+ runs ahead, with 6 wickets left to take to avoid batting again. Concentrate on your own problems...

Well its hard to argue after the last test, plus with the stats of 'x many draws in the last n matches etc etc' and that ratio being so much higher than SAf and Aus ...it is definitely an issue. We need classic Indian spin friendly wickets- they get us wins. Youre right though- Atherton wrote something along the lines of 'pitch designed to delay the inevitable' about Dravid scoring runs in the last match. Which I though was a bit low seeing that he isnt fit to lace Dravids boots. Bitter old git is our Athers. This particular wicket is a better test one and allowed the attack to actually do something. Even for Lanka the pacemen had help on day one and a Fernando instead of Mendis might well have got SL an early wicket. After that the Indian batting took charge.

We need classic Indian spin friendly wickets- they get us wins.
We had a spin friendly wicket at Kanpur last year - the ICC's response was to warn the BCCI over it. Fact is, there is a no-win situation with Atherton and his cronies. Flat pitch bad, turning pitch bad. Seaming pitches don't work because the grass dries up after the first sessions, leaving the side bowling first over advantaged. End of the day, we've won in England, we've won in New Zealand, we've won in West Indies, we've won Tests in Australia, Lanka, South Africa so no one can accuse of being home bullies. On the other hand, England have won THREE away Tests in the last four years. Not that Atherton will ever mention that, of course...
I'm sorry if there's already a thread on this, I couldn't see one... Just wanted to say, after a day where 13 wickets fell, on a 3rd day pitch, pretty evenly to pace and spin, a big '***** you' to all the retards that have been criticising us for the past couple of days, (mainly English and Pakistanis). The stuff I've seen about the pitch being dead, and being made to bulk up Indian stats and records, now I want all those people to painfully acknowledge that our batting is superior, as is our bowling attack in this test. This is why we're 300+ runs ahead, with 6 wickets left to take to avoid batting again. Concentrate on your own problems...
I post on an (majority) English forum and after the first day there were cries of 'disgraceful pitch,' 'BCCI trying to destroy test cricket,' 'No wonder players like Sehwag have hit two triple centuries' etc etc... Suffice to say, I have put them in their place after today's play :winky: