Can the current Indian test team beat Australia in Australia in tests?

To answer your question - yes they very much capable - they came very close in previous series down under. Besides, read my thoughts on related matter that I posted on 'ranking farce' article on timesonline. Why should beating Auz/SA in Auz/SA be the benchmark? When India plays on indian pitches, they have 'unfair' advantage as they grew up there. Same applies to Auz or any team, home advantage has been there for every team to take. As for bouncy pitches. - Spin is as much within the rules of cricket as is Pace bowling. You cant say a team/batsmen is better than others just because they have mastered one skill. In fact - consider this - relatively speaking - a batsmen has more time to judge and play spinner than a pace bowler. So if SA/Auz/Eng cant play spin then that is more embarrassing. As for Batting wickets - thats for the both teams playing to take advantage of. And why should always batsmen be tested on 'bowler' friendly wicket, why can not we test Bolwers on batsmen friendly wicket? Ranking - as everyone has pointed out - ranking was not designed in 2000 to conspire India/SL to reach on top. It worked for Aus/SA for 9 years, and now working for India.

The issue will be whether our bowlers will show up. Australia doesnt produce bowling wickets nowadays. One has to be disciplined in their bowling, come up with magical deliveries now and then, and make sure to take advantage of bowling conditions whenever the opportunity arises. On top of that batsmen need to pile on the score. They cant get complacent. I think we definitely have the batsmen. The bowlers can produce a win in a Perth kind of wicket but not sure if they have it in them to take us through in other venues.

:nono: OZ team may have new players at this time yet they are very difficult team to beat imo. They just beat us in our own backyard 4-2....It's ridiculous. It's next to impossible to beat them at their home.
Did you read the title of this thread ? If you are talkign abt ODIs' date=' we have already beaten then in CB series.[/quote'] test or no test odi or no odi number one or not number one OZ is still very hard to be beaten at their own home...:finger: they would whoop our asses in australia...:giggle:

we will surely beat them now anywhere in the world with top class batsmen and more than capable bowlers .. in fact when we beat them 2-0 last october i was thinking the same , if we had played them in australia instead of india , we had a chance to beat them .. those who bring out the recent odis are ignorant in differentiating between odis and tests .. B->