Sangakkara replaces Yuvraj as Kings XI captain

Desi Cartman

by that logic' date='even Warne is a southie,isnt it.its even in more south[/quote'] Of course he is one of us. Southies rule...:giggle::giggle:

Katich would be a better option than Sanga.
I agree.. Katich has led NSW very well and he is a much better T20 captain than Sanga .. he is the best option IMO but again he might not be within the 4 foreign players in the team as there is too much competition in KXIP for the 4 foreign players .. cannot drop Sanga or Mahila to accomodate Katich .. but if there is position for Katich then he would be the best choice However, if we think in the long term then Katich might be included in the Aus team and might have to play with the Aussies as the Aussies keep series clashing with IPL fixtures .. but Lankans dont play any matches during IPL time and hence, Sanga or Jaya will be available throughout the series in case Yuvi is replaced with them .. but I think UV has done a decent job and he should be kept

I agree.. Katich has led NSW very well and he is a much better T20 captain than Sanga .. he is the best option IMO but again he might not be within the 4 foreign players in the team as there is too much competition in KXIP for the 4 foreign players .. cannot drop Sanga or Mahila to accomodate Katich .. but if there is position for Katich then he would be the best choice However, if we think in the long term then Katich might be included in the Aus team and might have to play with the Aussies as the Aussies keep series clashing with IPL fixtures .. but Lankans dont play any matches during IPL time and hence, Sanga or Jaya will be available throughout the series in case Yuvi is replaced with them .. but I think UV has done a decent job and he should be kept
Yeah, I forgot that. Infact Aussies will be playing against the Kiwis during this IPL. So Katich won't be available when the Tests are on. In that case, I would prefer Mahela to Sanga any given day.

Of all the international players, Sangakarra was the only one who was able to secure a starting XI position in both seasons of IPL. All the other international players' positions have been in doubt in one game or another in the past. So if Yuvi is not going to be the captain, then Sangakarra is a very popular candidate for captaincy since Tom Moody has already worked with the SL team before. Pathan wouldnt be a bad choice either IMO. In a way, I think Yuvi will be able to play more freely without the burden of captaincy. This is all assuming, there is going to be a change in captaincy which I doubt highly.

If this is true..Replacing one guy who has an attitude problem with another who has even a bigger attitude problem is nuts !!!!! If they are thinking of changing the captaincy (Which I very much doubt)..Mahela is a far better captain..he is calm & cool & will do a far better job than Yuvi or Sanga