Virat Kohli

Texy

:omg::omg::omg: i have same thoughts about him , bt too scared that ppl would make fun of it Yesssss, definitely future india captain :hatsoff:
There is nothing foolish about it. I saw him captain India U19 team and won the cup for us. I was highly impressed with his passion and how his team won that final from nowhere. He has also started captaining Delhi.
YA feck you nohit sharma :finger:
:cantstop: i still like Rohit to be part of indian squad in future, bt he gotta improve on his Laxman like lazyness. on the other hand Kohli is a fighter. i think every1 knows abt how tough he is mentally. ( playing in ranji match when his father expired ):hatsoff:

Hats off to the young guy.. sadly he wont make it to the final 11 even after this century .. there is still no place for him in the final 11 when our full strength team plays.. good thing is that our backup is becoming stronger and the permanent players will have to work harder to retain their position in the team

Kohli has been fantastic in the few chances he's gotten vs. Sri Lanka in ODIs. He did really well even against Mendis in first trip to Lanka. I hope he can get a few more chances in the team, though our top order is kinda settled with Gambhir, Sehwag, and Tendulkar. And M.O has Yuvi and MSD. I think Virat could be used in place of Jadeja, in spite of his recent success with the ball.

^actually thats not far from truth. I saw him sledge in U19 world cup and at that time I had opened thread whether this guy is from rich family or not. Yes he was snobbish. But he will learn
Good point, Kabira. I was initially shocked to see the young gun's antics at the U19 world cup. But passion and arrogance can be an asset if they are used in the right direction. Great innings by Kohli! It's heart-warming to see him develop. The Gauti-Kohli-Raina trio will bring us laurels in the future. :isalute:

What excites me about Kohli is his strong back foot game. He pulls and hooks well. Someone with a good back foot game can succeed well in bouncy tracks like Australia. Most Indian batsmen who have succeeded in Australia are good off the back foot (Sachin, Laxman, Sehwag etc). Those who are predominantly front foot players (like Jaffer) struggle on bouncy pitches. What Kohli needs to work on is temperament. He needs to spend some quality time in company of Sachin and Dravid. If he can keep the right temperament, we have a bright prospect here.