The Australian obsession with centuries is sickening

All the Aussie commentators, journalists, and players are obsessed with getting hundreds - what a sickening and demeaning idea for this wonderful sport of cricket. I have never seen so many lunatics from one country per square foot baying for centuries. Channel 9 commentators were going about it on and on...... their media has published countless articles about it..... their players keep obsessing about personal landmarks in interviews to the extent that getting out in the 90s has become the most shattering experience for them in their cricketing careers, by their own admission.

Lol at the thread...:giggle: Indians should be the last ones to criticize other teams for playing for records & centuries.
The day an Indian player comes back to play ONE test match so that he could be the highest run-getter for his nation and still fall short of 2 runs, is the day I will stop criticizing other teams for records and centuries. Savvy ? :eyedance:
The day an Indian player comes back to play ONE test match so that he could be the highest run-getter for his nation and still fall short of 2 runs' date=' is the day I will stop criticizing other teams for records and centuries. Savvy ? :eyedance:[/quote'] :hysterical:

You were spot on Shwetabh, they easily pick on Indian batters but if anyone is watching the game right now, it seems the Aus Commies are having their last orgasm over Watons Century. They make it sound like end of MCG if he doesn't get one Watson in the 90s for 41 mins

Double Standards I watched some of the first session of the AUS vs PAK test match and can't help but feel there's yet another instance of double standards going on with Australia and the rest of the world. How many Aussies have openly questioned India's cricketers motivation to play test cricket? Hayden on the 2003-2004 tour said that we place our personal milestones above winning the game. Well Haydos, explain this: 1) Ponting makes an incredibly positive declaration, the only reason (with no rain forecast) that I can think of is to give his bowlers every chance of getting the PAK batsmen out in time. 2) You start the 2nd innings with a lead of around 190 runs. 3) Watson, batting superbly again, brings up his 50 in good time, 86 balls, and ends the day 64 off 113, at an excellent S/R of 56.6 4) Watson starts again very well on the next morning, adding 27 in just 41 balls. 5) He has spent an incredible 31 deliveries in the 90s, adding 7 runs. Should Australia not be getting quick runs in order to get the momentum going? Further, to give themselves every chance to bowl out the PAK batsmen? If Tendulkar was in this situation he would have been roasted for "Putting himself infront of the team"