Hats off to the Review System

kabira

To me the best part was using hawkeye all the way instead of the half and half approach ... I was pleasantly surprised by that
Boss Bhai, Did they use Hawkeye trajectory to see if it would hit the stumps?? or just whether it pitched in line or not? If they are using trajectory, isn't it inaccurate?
The good thing about this system is more batsmen are just walking off now. Its ****in awesome!!!! :D :D
We will hopefully see the day when Marirs_Mania is pwned for not wanting technology to take over charming umpiring :D
Guest Hiten.
We will hopefully see the day when Marirs_Mania is pwned for not wanting technology to take over charming umpiring :D
If SCG fiasco did not change his mind about the charmness, nothing will.

i must admit i am liking i am liking this new version of review instead of one used in SL.This one is more transparent n broadcaster shows for everyone whether its pitching,in line,hitting or not.with Hotspot in use it also clears the edges

It has been as successful as any introduction of a new aspect to a game can be. The best thing about it is the "umpire's call" part of it, which gives priority to an on field judgment in case of a doubt. There are still improvements that can be made like making similar technology available in all matches and perhaps reducing the number of incorrect challenges from 2 to 1 per innings, but those are all minor bumps. Overall, it has been a success and I still don't see 2 day test matches that people were anticipating.
actually thats the part i dont like about it.benefiit of doubt should always go the batsman.he shouldnt be given unless there is conclusive evidence hes out

I am a huge fan of UDRS but I wonder how they are using the hawk eye to decide if the ball is hitting the stumps or not for LBW calls. Not too long, everyne used to say hawk eye is only partially correct and if it was to be used for LBWs, no batsman can ever score a 100!! And if I am not wrong, hawk eye wasn;t part of the UDRS when it was used for the first time in the Ind-SL series.

I am a huge fan of UDRS but I wonder how they are using the hawk eye to decide if the ball is hitting the stumps or not for LBW calls. Not too long, everyne used to say hawk eye is only partially correct and if it was to be used for LBWs, no batsman can ever score a 100!! And if I am not wrong, hawk eye wasn;t part of the UDRS when it was used for the first time in the Ind-SL series.
it was,but it was only used till thepoit of impact of the ball.i think the current system is far more transparent n right
i must admit i am liking i am liking this new version of review instead of one used in SL.This one is more transparent n broadcaster shows for everyone whether its pitching,in line,hitting or not.with Hotspot in use it also clears the edges actually thats the part i dont like about it.benefiit of doubt should always go the batsman.he shouldnt be given unless there is conclusive evidence hes out
No, for that to happen, technology should be 100% foolproof. When thats not the case, it is better that benefit of doubt going to umpire than batsman.
actually thats the part i dont like about it.benefiit of doubt should always go the batsman.he shouldnt be given unless there is conclusive evidence hes out
In most of these cases we're talking about height when it's just clipping the bails. For some reason I think the height aspect of hawk eye isn't very good. Of course there was the North appeal, but there have been a couple of other occasions as well when it seemed just not right. It might be due to the placement of cameras or it might indeed be true that the device is right, but it does not "look" right. In these borderline cases I would go with the umpire's call because as far as judging height is concerned he is in one of the best positions.