Ranji Final 2009-10: Karnataka v Mumbai at Mysore Jan 11-15 (09:30 local)

Shane

For a team thats supposed to be elite in the competiotion..Mmbai sure have some pathetic batsmen. Especially their middle-order.
Yet, somehow we're in the finals eh ? :giggle:
For a team thats supposed to be elite in the competiotion..Mmbai sure have some pathetic batsmen. Especially their middle-order.
This was the Top 6 we had for most of last season, Jaffer Samant Rahane Mazumdar R Sharma Nayar And had Tendulkar for the Semis / Finals. Kukreja has done OK at the top, But the departure of Mazumdar, as pointed out endlessly in Ranji Match Threads, has left a gaping hole in the middle order. The other day I was having a tele conversation with one of the fellow ICF'ers on how Jaffer and Rahane have underperformed this season, resulting in us scrapping our way in into the finals. But the stats have a different story to tell. Link
This was the Top 6 we had for most of last season, Jaffer Samant Rahane Mazumdar R Sharma Nayar And had Tendulkar for the Semis / Finals. Kukreja has done OK at the top, But the departure of Mazumdar, as pointed out endlessly in Ranji Match Threads, has left a gaping hole in the middle order. The other day I was having a tele conversation with one of the fellow ICF'ers on how Jaffer and Rahane have underperformed this season, resulting in us scrapping our way in into the finals. But the stats have a different story to tell. Link
When did U change sides?:omg:

Well I agree that Mumbai lose quite a few players due to international commitments..but the middle order today with the exception of Nayar looked very limited in their range of shots. Whereas the karnataka team has performed brilliantly..they have forced more results on their way to finals. Have the #1 and #2 wicket takers this season..#2 highest run getter this season. I just feel they are a better balanced team and deserve to win this edition of a Ranji Trophy.

Well I agree that Mumbai lose quite a few players due to international commitments..but the middle order today with the exception of Nayar looked very limited in their range of shots. Whereas the karnataka team has performed brilliantly..they have forced more results on their way to finals. Have the #1 and #2 wicket takers this season..#2 highest run getter this season. I just feel they are a better balanced team and deserve to win this edition of a Ranji Trophy.
Karnataka have been the Best Team in this Tournament, but the Final is far from over.
Thanks' date=' mate.[/quote'] Hmmm, no highlights have surfaced yet anywhere on the internet, it would seem. I do hope that an ICF member would be so kind as to record some highlights and put them up, as I'm quite intrigued to see how R Vinay and Mithun are bowling (visibly) and I'd like to see our old favourite Agarkar back in action once more. Agarkar was probably the quickest bowler that we have had in recent times and shockingly enough, he was probably the most hated too - ah, such is life. Anyway, it is good to see that the final is on course for a positive result. Looking at Mumbai's bowling line up, they should be able to keep Karnataka to under 350 (maximum), if they bowl well.