Please come back dhoni!!!

Block hole

Part of the blame also lies with MSD. He shouldn't have played the tri series or the least he could have done is to take a break in a couple of matches or whenever DK played asked him to keep wickets. But a chance for Viru to improve his batting record as a captain. If I am not wrong in the few matches he has been a captain in any format , he is yet to score a 50 or a 100.

It was inevitable this was going to happen. During the 2nd league match against B'desh in the Idea cup, it was quite apparent that Dhoni was carrying some sort of injury. He let many wide throws from the fielders go past him, without reaching out to collect them. With this in mind, why o why, did Dhoni have to play the TWO league matches that followed it, both against B'desh and Lanka? Heck, if they knew something was wrong with him, they should have even considered resting him for the finals.

Dhoni is killing himself. I don't see him lasting much longer at this sustained level of performance if he continues with this insane workload.
I could not agree more ... we need to find breaks for him at appropriate times. Preferably, during meaningless ODI series.
I could not agree more ... we need to find breaks for him at appropriate times. Preferably' date=' during meaningless ODI series.[/quote'] The problem is he himself seems less inclined to take a rest in these meaningless ODIs. What he has missed in last 2 years due to a bad back and too much cricket) is tests against SL, SA and NZ.