Rotten luck for India!

The last time India toured Bangladesh, they played their first Test at the same venue and it was another damp squib. After two days India had faced only 97 overs. No play possible on Day 3. And at the end of Test, interrupted often by bad light or rain, which was obviously a draw, only 219 overs were possible! The maximum overs in a Test is 450 and this Test didn't even have half those overs bowled. But what's more, India are facing Bangladesh once again at the same venue and the situation is eerily similar! We're nearing the end of the 2nd day and only 87 overs have been bowled! India stand to lose 1 to 1.5 points if this match is a rained-out draw.I think Tests liike this must be declared as NO RESULT and here we see a certain possibility of an injustice (the likes of which I stated in the article) being meted out. All such draws add up and it means India's figures are skewed- how can anyone take seriously people's claims that India draw too many matches which is not befitting a No.1 Here's the number of overs bowled in previous matches in this ground. You can get an idea as to why India has been unlucky here: 347 Sl 2009 433 nz 2008 272 sa 2008 295 aus 2006 285 sl 2006 *********** 219 Ind 2007 *********** Now I'm not talking about whose side the result will go but India stands to lose something if there's a draw. So whatever happens we must get more play, as much as 300 overs at least. We've already lost more than 90 overs.

How they decided that this venue was fit enough to hold a test match at this time of the year is puzzling. Did they not know there'd be light issues? As the OP says, seems like the same story repeated itself last time we were here. The cricket boards of the subcontinent (barring Lanka maybe) are a collective embarrassment to the South Asian people.

When I tuned into the stream during lunch, ESPN were beaming images from the ground during the break. Even at that point, I thought there is no way any play is going to be possible for more than a few overs. It was really, really murky. Good thing I did not waste my time staying up for now we play, now we don't routine. BCCI did the same last year against England at Mohali - that was semi understandable because of the Mumbai attack, but this is a case of atrocious planning. Having said all that, even if there are 150 more overs in the match India should be able to win. The match is reasonably well advanced and 50 overs per day would give us a realistic chance.

When I tuned into the stream during lunch' date=' ESPN were beaming images from the ground during the break. Even at that point, I thought there is no way any play is going to be possible for more than a few overs. It was really, really murky. Good thing I did not waste my time staying up for now we play, now we don't routine. BCCI did the same last year against England at Mohali - that was semi understandable because of the Mumbai attack, but this is a case of atrocious planning. Having said all that, even if there are 150 more overs in the match India should be able to win. The match is reasonably well advanced and 50 overs per day would give us a realistic chance.[/quote'] Well you missed something great. Ata Ali Khan commentary was so classic. Guy could wake any cricket fan up with his arousing commentary when Tamim gul Iqbal would edge and find a boundary. When the other opener Reyas was edging the ball well for four, Ata ali Khan's could sense how important the role MR. rayas is playing. You missed some great things last night. Who's bill Lawry seriously??? Actor Ali Khan :hatsoff: