No Pakistanis in IPL III 2010 - All related News/Views/Opinions

patriot

I believe, abusing sum1 is the act of the 'retards' and 'Lame' people. So i wont use it. But really am not with SRK on dis. Promoting films is one thng. But he just dont need dat. Y wud u put the blame on other franchises and IPL/Bcci..when even u urself knw..dat u were also among them who agreed to shun Pak Players. Dats ridiculous.

Chidambaram slams IPL for not picking Pak players Terming non-inclusion of Pakistani players in IPL as a "disservice to cricket", home minister P Chidambaram on Monday said there was no "hint or nudge" from the government to do so. Describing some of them as "among the best Twenty20" cricket players, he said "these players were coming as individuals, it was not a Pakistan team." "...I think it is disservice to cricket that some of these players were not picked. I don't know why the IPL teams acted in the manner they acted. But certainly to suggest that there was a hint or nudge from the government is completely untrue," the minister told Times Now. No Pakistani player was bought by the eight IPL teams during an auction last week for the third edition of the competition despite Pakistan being the reigning world champions in the Twenty20 format of cricket, triggering a strong reaction from Pakistan government which saw it as snub and called-off official visits to India. Asked whether he thought that Pakistan was over-reacting on the issue, Chidambaram said "well, you see, if no player from a country is picked, obviously the country does feel insulted. But whether the reaction is proportionate or not it is not for me to comment. "But as I said, cricket lovers are disappointed that no player from Pakistan was picked. I think that could have been avoided." Chidambaram also said personally, as a cricket lover, he was disappointed over non-inclusion of Pakistani players. Noting that the government had issued 17 visas to these players, he said "in fact, I am disappointed that the IPL teams, IPL organisers did not pick any Pakistani player." "...We gave the visas and we have nothing to do with this," he said. Another PAK lover, for the first time since a very long time, We India have taken an independent decision, however according to them it is wrong. We should give free entries to every country to India as afterall India believes in NOTHING or at least should do nothing. Next the stupid media keeps coming up with these news, again brainwashing our own indian citizens on how IPL did smth wrong. It is all for publicity and news

Pakistan talks of boycotting IPL 2011, Champions League

Two senior Pakistani officials, sports minister Aijaz Hussain Jahkrani and PCB chairman Ijaz Butt, have ruled out the participation of cricketers from that country in next year's IPL and the Champions League Twenty20 tournament later this year, according to media reports. This, the officials say, is a reaction to the boycott of Pakistani players in the IPL auction. "We are the World Twenty20 champions, there is a Twenty20 World Cup this year, and they don't want us to win again," Butt was quoted as saying in the Sydney Morning Herald. "We will definitely not send any players for the IPL next time. Would you after this treatment? "This is a conspiracy," Butt said. "They probably don't want our players from playing in these competitions.'' The decision puts a question mark over Shahid Afridi's participation in the Twenty20 Champions League tournament, as a member of the South Australia Redbacks side. Though it is a global tournament featuring the best domestic Twenty20 sides in the world, the Champions League is an Indian initiative, with IPL chief Lalit Modi officiating as its chairman. Asked whether Afridi would be given clearance to play in the Champions League, Jakhrani said, "At the moment, I cannot say. We're looking at this matter." Afridi, currently in Australia with Pakistan's limited-overs side, said he wanted to play in the Champions League but would make his final decision after talking to the minister. "I think [the boycott] is a fact, it is not my decision. I will speak to the Sports Minister and see what he is saying, and then I will make a decision. I want to play in the Champions League," Afridi said. Pakistani domestic sides were not part of last year's inaugural Champions League, which featured top teams from the IPL, Australia, England, West Indies, South Africa, Sri Lanka and New Zealand. However, one Pakistani international, Yasir Arafat, did play as part of the Sussex side. Jakhrani also said that while the IPL and Champions League were off-limits to Pakistan players, they would not boycott tours to India for international matches. "All of this has been designed to isolate us, that is what India wants. We will not be isolated. There is a World Cup in the subcontinent in 2011 to be played in India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. What if we make the final against India? We cannot quit, we will play. I think we should continue playing sports with each other," he said.
http://www.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/story/445756.html According to PP, Afridi will play if asked

I think it makes perfect business sense to the franchises. PC can just STFU!! Neither India nor Pak can guarantee that another 26/11 like incident would not occur. God forbid, but if it did what would happen to the "bonhomie" and "aman ki aasha" between the 2 countries? What if some high profile minister were injured or killed in such attack which could potentially lead to a war? Will the Pak players be willing to play? Even if they did, would it be safe to let them play? Probably the franchises wanted to minimize risk on their investment which seems prudent to me.

Pakistan talks of boycotting IPL 2011, Champions League Two senior Pakistani officials, sports minister Aijaz Hussain Jahkrani and PCB chairman Ijaz Butt, have ruled out the participation of cricketers from that country in next year's IPL and the Champions League Twenty20 tournament later this year, according to media reports. This, the officials say, is a reaction to the boycott of Pakistani players in the IPL auction. "We are the World Twenty20 champions, there is a Twenty20 World Cup this year, and they don't want us to win again," Butt was quoted as saying in the Sydney Morning Herald. "We will definitely not send any players for the IPL next time. Would you after this treatment? "This is a conspiracy," Butt said. "They probably don't want our players from playing in these competitions.'' The decision puts a question mark over Shahid Afridi's participation in the Twenty20 Champions League tournament, as a member of the South Australia Redbacks side. Though it is a global tournament featuring the best domestic Twenty20 sides in the world, the Champions League is an Indian initiative, with IPL chief Lalit Modi officiating as its chairman. Asked whether Afridi would be given clearance to play in the Champions League, Jakhrani said, "At the moment, I cannot say. We're looking at this matter." Afridi, currently in Australia with Pakistan's limited-overs side, said he wanted to play in the Champions League but would make his final decision after talking to the minister. "I think [the boycott] is a fact, it is not my decision. I will speak to the Sports Minister and see what he is saying, and then I will make a decision. I want to play in the Champions League," Afridi said. Later, in a press release that appeared on **********.net (pp), Afridi clarified that he was keen to move forward from the auction controversy. "If I was invited to play in India again I would do so happily, they have great fans and great stadiums and I have many friends there," Afridi said. He also mentioned that sport should be used to build peace between the two nations. Pakistani domestic sides were not part of last year's inaugural Champions League, which featured top teams from the IPL, Australia, England, West Indies, South Africa, Sri Lanka and New Zealand. However, one Pakistani international, Yasir Arafat, did play as part of the Sussex side. Jakhrani also said that while the IPL and Champions League were off-limits to Pakistan players, they would not boycott tours to India for international matches. "All of this has been designed to isolate us, that is what India wants. We will not be isolated. There is a World Cup in the subcontinent in 2011 to be played in India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. What if we make the final against India? We cannot quit, we will play. I think we should continue playing sports with each other," he said. http://www.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/story/445756.html That is so sad :(( :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I think we need to wait a minute before passing our judgements. I saw his interview with Arnab Goswami on Times Now. And he didn't slam the IPL or anything. He said, "as a cricket fan, I'm disappointed". When Arnab asked him if he had any opinion, advice for the IPL franchises, he said, "NO, nothing". Media is just blowing things out of proportion.

Royals coach lashes out at IPL Rajasthan Royals coach Darren Berry lashed out at the Indian Premier League authorities for "humiliating" the Pakistani players. He alleged "politics and foreign affairs got in the way of cricket decisions". Berry said his team was eyeing Umar Akmal but something "sinister was bubbling behind the scenes", resulting in the collective snub to the Pakistani players in the auction in Mumbai. "I do not have all the information - and possibly never will as this was a very delicate issue played out behind the scenes. However, I do know - due to my coaching role with the Rajasthan Royals - that a few weeks ago Umar Akmal was No 1 priority on the Royals' shopping list," Berry wrote in 'The Age'. "All of a sudden he was not available. As the auction unfolded live on TV in India, it became evident that it wasn't just Umar Akmal who was in the no-go zone, but all of the Pakistan players," said the former Australia cricketer. Baffled by the treatment meted out to the Pakistan players during the auction, Berry said the likes of Shahid Afridis are justified in feeling slighted. "I am staggered at the recent treatment of the Pakistan players. I agree with Shahid Afridi that he and his countrymen were humiliated in the IPL auction in Mumbai last week. "Unbelievably, the world Twenty20 champions received no interest from any of the franchise owners. "Sadly, politics and foreign affairs got in the way of cricket decisions and the game itself, along with the Pakistan players, suffered as a consequence. "The question is: why were they allowed to stay in the auction if no one was going to bid for them? Something far more sinister was bubbling behind the scenes and, sadly, the players themselves knew nothing about it. Sadly, two very proud cricketing nations are once again at loggerheads," he said. http://www.espnstar.com/cricket/ind...hes-out-at-IPL/