Ever shed a tear over a cricket match ?

I cried and I cudnt sleep at all when we were murdered at the 2oo9 T20 WC :| Whenever I shut my eyes all i could see was- :((
I was at the game between Indi & England at Lords. Never seen a home team getting booed that bad especially at the home of cricket. Sri Lanka was playing Ireland I think in the earlier match, the Indian fans were watching India practice at the nets rather than the match inside. Even there the Poms got booed:haha:
I was at the game between Indi & England at Lords. Never seen a home team getting booed that bad especially at the home of cricket. Sri Lanka was playing Ireland I think in the earlier match' date=' the Indian fans were watching India practice at the nets rather than the match inside. Even there the Poms got booed:haha:[/quote'] It was funny and all, but it reflected quite badly on Indian fans, especially as we (Indian fans) we're booing at the guys that turned up to India after 26/11 to play 2 test matches :headshake:
I was at the game between Indi & England at Lords. Never seen a home team getting booed that bad especially at the home of cricket. Sri Lanka was playing Ireland I think in the earlier match' date=' the Indian fans were watching India practice at the nets rather than the match inside. Even there the Poms got booed:haha:[/quote'] I know.. so much love naw.. And kya heartbreaking performance :((

To me at least, the magnitude/occasion of the loss does not decide the scale of the disappointment if we lose, it is more the pre-match expectation. So, If I have high hopes of the team and we lose, that hurts even more than a high-profile loss against a powerful opponent. In that sense, the losses to Pakistan and Sri Lanka in the Kitply and Asia cup finals in 2008 were particularly heart-wrenching, especially since we were red-hot favorites in both those tournaments and an Indian team had never looked so formidable in ODIs. But these days, ODI/T20 losses dont hurt that bad. Its mostly test match disappointment, but thankfully, our boys in blue have not given me too many moments of distress in the last couple of years.. (Hint - 534 days/ 14 tests. :D)

Definitely the World Cup final against Australia. I didn't cry but felt worse inside. It was Srinath's last ODI game and knowing the journey the man had been through, how he carried the bowling attack for years I desperately wanted, hoped that somehow we could send the man off in all the glory he deserved. No such luck and India were destroyed by 100 runs. Really, really, tough to watch that knowing it was Srinath's last game ever.

The World Cup final vs. Australia. Wasn't old enough to feel anything about the 1996 WC Semi Final. Didn't follow cricket when the Chennai test in 1999 happened. So my most bitter memory is vs. Australia in that match. 16 runs in the opening over of the Australian innings, and Sachin's dismissal in the first over of our innings - in spite of Sehwag playing an excellent innings, we lost by a hundred 110 runs. :(( The recent 175 vs. Australia game was also pretty tough to digest.

in spite of Sehwag playing an excellent innings' date=' we lost by a hundred 110 runs.[/quote'] The margin was 125 runs
how come none of you were disappointed when we lost to Aus 2-1 at home :dontknow: Thats was definitely the lowest I have ever felt
Are you refering to the 2004 Series of the BG series that was held at India ? That series was so spoiled by politics. Allegations of Ganguly faking the injury to avoid playing in that match, the one where that useless ****ing curator made a green seaming pitch to suit the Australian pace attack, the one where Gilchrist captained and we lost by 342 (?) runs If I remember correctly. The final frontier was finally conquered. Remember the pitch prepared for the next match, it was a rank turner. India in their second innings were out for 110 odd and Australia in reply were out for 90 odd. Michael Clarke, yes, Clarke took 6 / 9 odd in that match. After playing so well in the test series in Australia that same year, what a low to sink to. Also remember in that VB ODI series that preceded the test series (in Australia), in the second final, Australia made 359 or thereabouts.

Came close but got angry on the team then shed a tear when the team lost to Sri Lanka in 2007 wc. After losing to bangla, we still had a chance to make it to the final, but after collapsing under pressure against S.L, we were virtually out or had to rely on Bermuda to defeat Bangladesh, which was never going to happen. That defeat against Lanka hurt a lot. Had been waiting for that 2007 world cup to start for a long time. Was very eager and knew that that Indian team was something special and would definately do good. But what happend was quite shocking and unbelievable.