So, where things went wrong for Pakistan?

DomainK

I know the score reads 9-0 in Australia's favor and we the fans have to live with that, but this team played much better cricket than that and any neutral fan would agreed to that. However, no one can deny that this team has some real issues! To begin with, Yousuf should never have never been appointed the captain. From the Woolmer days it was common knowledge that this guy was no captaincy material. After their debacle in Sydney this team lost all its mojo. Unlike many international teams, Pakistanis could never come out of the shell and for them the tour was over!!! Secondly, Inti and has to GO as he is useless. This team is much better off having no coach than to have him as its coach. Last but not least, Permanently Confused Board. As long as it will remain under the government, we cannot expect to see any improvement. When the patron of the board is a thief like Zardari what better could you expect? Its wishful thinking at my part, but Pakiis should hand over the test captaincy to Younis for Test and for ODIS and T20s unfortunately Beast is the only option. If it was up to me, I would strip Afridi of his chance to make an example out of this moran....but we all know that PCB doesn't have the balls to make a decision like that.

Yeah if theyd held a few catches it would have been 2-1 at least in the tests.
If their openers had batted better they might have won a game. If their fast bowlers had taken more wickets they might have won a game. If their middle-order had scored more runs they might have won a game. If their spinners had taken more wickets they might have won a game. And that pretty much applies to every team that loses in cricket. So how pointless is saying "if theyd held a few catches it would have been..."? Bad fielding, like bad batting and bad bowling, is just a weakness/failing on part of the side.
Yeah if theyd held a few catches it would have been 2-1 at least in the tests.
I really cannot understand this logic behind "If catches had been taken" for a team like Pakistan. Fine it's a valid excuse if someone like Ponting or Dravid or Boucher drops a catch, because normally they won't. How can it be used as an excuse for the likes of Farhat, Butt, and Akmal? It's not a matter of bad luck that they were not able to catch the ball as it would be for Ponting, it's a matter of clearly and consistently sucking in one aspect of cricket everywhere, everyday without failure. To attribute ifs and buts to such a happening doesn't make sense.
I know the score reads 9-0 in Australia's favor and we the fans have to live with that, but this team played much better cricket than that and any neutral fan would agreed to that. However, no one can deny that this team has some real issues! To begin with, Yousuf should never have never been appointed the captain. From the Woolmer days it was common knowledge that this guy was no captaincy material. After their debacle in Sydney this team lost all its mojo. Unlike many international teams, Pakistanis could never come out of the shell and for them the tour was over!!! Secondly, Inti and has to GO as he is useless. This team is much better off having no coach than to have him as its coach. Last but not least, Permanently Confused Board. As long as it will remain under the government, we cannot expect to see any improvement. When the patron of the board is a thief like Zardari what better could you expect? Its wishful thinking at my part, but Pakiis should hand over the test captaincy to Younis for Test and for ODIS and T20s unfortunately Beast is the only option. If it was up to me, I would strip Afridi of his chance to make an example out of this moran....but we all know that PCB doesn't have the balls to make a decision like that.
Three stnadard blame games. 1) Captain 2) Coach 3) Cricket board They probably contributed towards 25% of it. 75% comes from the player themselves. They are simply not good enough against Aussies. That is the real truth.
Three stnadard blame games. 1) Captain 2) Coach 3) Cricket board They probably contributed towards 25% of it. 75% comes from the player themselves. They are simply not good enough against Aussies. That is the real truth.
ok genius. seems like you have it all figured out then :hysterical::hysterical:
ok genius. seems like you have it all figured out then :hysterical::hysterical:
Yea it is genius to say management will fix your batting line up against pace bowling. They have been losing 12 tests in a row against Aussies over a decade. So many management, so many coach, so many captains have changed. Your team is still losing

They're suffering from a debilitating case of lack of self-belief that is spreading like cancer. It first started out with the mediocre players in the team (Farhat, Iqbal, Sami, Misbah etc) and has now spread to the rest of the guys. One look at their team and the talent is obvious, but when you see guys like Yousuf, Younis, Akmal etc struggle to just put bat to ball or hang on to the dolliest of catches, you know that the team has completely lost faith in its ability to win cricket matches. And the proof of that is their knack of losing matches that they should have easily won (Test match at Sydney, today's T20). The team as such has no plan, no strategy, no well defined roles, no expectations. They're just getting on the field hoping for the best. That sort of attitude wont cut in international cricket.