A perfect selection storm

A perfect selection storm  

1. 1.

• Power struggle
    • Laxman or anyone shouldnt be squad when injured
    • Random events
    • A mix of all the above
    • Let's agree to blame unfit Nohit Sharma

When Rohit was injured, it was a good chance for India to field 5 bowlers. But they chose to go with Saha as batsman who averages around 30 in domestic. Would you agree with this ?Commonsense says that you can't expect a debutant who is not even a good batsman to score big against SA bowling attack. Also with our bowlers( except Zak) ,we've even struggled to take 20 wickets against BD. I'd have gone with Tyagi or Mithun instead.

And... if we played 5 bowlers and lot out cheaply, you would have said the same thing instead just that we should have played 7 batsman
Who is seventh batsman? I agree if it was VVS or Nohit sharma. But Playing an international debutant who is not even prolific domestic scorer as a batsman :nervous:

This is the best team we could've played in this game. You can always rely on a debutant to play out of his skin when representing India. The sheer amount of competition, which increases exponentially every year, can be nipped in the bud by a player only if he performs well & debutants these days usually do coz they don't think they'll be getting another chance again.

When Rohit was injured' date=' it was a good chance for India to field 5 bowlers. But they chose to go with Saha as batsman who averages around 30 in domestic. Would you agree with this ?Commonsense says that you can't expect a debutant who is not even a good batsman to score big against SA bowling attack. Also with our bowlers( except Zak) ,we've even struggled to take 20 wickets against BD. I'd have gone with Tyagi or Mithun instead.[/quote'] Rohit injured :hmmm: I did not know that .. I understand why Saha is there now .. I told during the team selection itself that there should have been some reserve batsmen .. India were just taking the exact number of batsman without any backup .. at least they should have got Karthik
All I would say Saha is one lucky f*****' date=' hope he makes most of this chance, this perhaps would be his only Test in his entire International Career.[/quote'] I agree .. he would never have thought that he would get a chance to make debut in an international test and that too against SA :hehe:

Or Saha could have kept right? And MSD as pure batsman would have made a bit more sense- he could have gone a test without the stress of keeping and is almost good enough a bat to play as a batsman only. Is Saha a good enough keeper though? Its a fail squad for having not even one backup batter but 2 keepers

what did we learn from this? Rohit is an unfit mofo who needs to lose weight...stop getting f....ing injured!
No we learnt that our selectors were absolute idiots for this series and that way we lost a golden opportunity to see what lies for us ahead with three so called long term middle order batsmen in the team. If selectors had decided on Badri it was okay, but could they not have someone like Kohli as back-up batsman along with Rohit as cover? It made a hash of playing XI and Dhoni rightly was really rattled at the toss.