Badrinath's moment is here

kabira

We have been wondering what will happen to our middle order when big 3 retire. Now this could be blessing in disguise. Both Dravid (in best form of last 3-4 years) and Laxman (crisis man) out due to injury. Yuvraj also injured. Now we have to see what Badrinath is made up of. We will see what Murli can do, he was no under any pressure, as he knew he will replaced when Gambhir comes back. But now he knows great series here will make sure he will be ahead of Yuvraj and other batters. We all know Saha is not long term solution. Just go back few 14 years back, similar thing happened, Sidhu left Indian team due to his personal problems with Azhar. Manjrekar was injured I think. That opened up positions in the team on England Tour In comes Dravid and Ganguly and Boy we found two batters that served us for long timie. Can this happen here?

I am expecting the very worst tomorrow, as for these three middle-order guys I have some hope from Vijay for the future, only. Everything has gone wrong for us in the lead up to this series starting right back from the injury to Laxman in the first Test at Chittagong in Bangla. For some reason all the bad luck hits us against whenever we play SA at home, compounded by our own stupidity (the selection blunder here, giving Dale Steyn a seaming pitch at Motera '08 etc.). I just hope we can salvage the series at Kolkata and get a 1-1 result and at least maintain our unbeaten home record since losing to Aus in 2004 (and also the no.1 ranking). What a nightmare this keenly anticipated series is turning into :((

We're due for a collapse, tomorrow might just be the day it could happen. Does not matter how docile the pitch is, the pressure on the batsmen of the team batting second, facing a MASSIVE first innings total is immense. It is only a matter of time before the relentless pressure wears down our batsmen. We've made some incredible 'great escapes' in the recent past (1st test against Australia in 2008, The Napier test against NZ, the first test against Lanka last year..) where our batsmen have shown unbelievable amounts of determination and fortitude to bail us out of tricky circumstances. It is unfair to expect that they will do the job every single time. A collapse is certainly on the cards.

Badrinath has tons of experience playing on this kind of surfaces. He is in reasonably good form and he should thank his stars for getting an opportunity out of nowhere.
Yes but this quality of pace bowling is something he has rarely faced even on a pitch like this, and the pressure of playing for your country, especially on debut, is immense. Some players can get spurred on and score centuries on debut, but from the pre-game articles Badri seemed very nervous indeed and to some extent you can understand, being 29 and waiting for this opportunity for so long.
Yes but this quality of pace bowling is something he has rarely faced even on a pitch like this' date=' and the pressure of playing for your country, especially on debut, is immense. Some players can get spurred on and score centuries on debut, but from the pre-game articles Badri seemed very nervous indeed and to some extent you can understand, being 29 and waiting for this opportunity for so long.[/quote'] This was the only time he played SA bowlers i think http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/128/128482.html