How the feck is Harris getting wickets?

flamy

Congratulations on a fine victory' date=' Marilize. You must be very proud of your team. A magnificent side full of very determined players.[/quote'] Thank you, I am. Especially so in light of Mickey's resignation just prior to the tour, etc. There was a lot of speculation on exactly how that would influence the side. Many people stated outright that they wouldn't be up to it from a mental perspective. I'm glad the players showed the nation they can thrive despite the upheavel in SA cricket.

I want him to bowl at a situation where their pacers are not getting any assistance and its a rank turner, probably looking at his line, i dont think he will come around and bowl on off stump line.Then we will see the reall class, where Harris comes in. He has been getting wickets on loose shots played by our batsmen, and also on the fact that the line he bowls is too defensive, and its his luck that our batsmen are succumbing to that plan.But that is not the class, its just cluck and when you dont have the rub of the green, i am sure even top edged sweeps will fall safely :dance:

Batsmen underestimate him. They don't consider him as a serious threat' date=' get careless and he gets wickets.[/quote'] True, the batsmen need to score runs to keep the momentum and since its easier than scoring of Steyn/Morkel/Parnell, there can be some easy wickets .. Boje too got a fiver a decade back. If the conditions support u and the opposition faces a daunting task, u can get wickets. It seemed Hauritz got his wickets in a similar manner.
Guest DeveGowda

this is what Smith has about harris - " Harris a really selfless guy who knows his role and performs it well. "He allows the guys like Dale, Morne, Wayne and Jacques to perform their own roles they need to - he is the glue between all of them. To see him pick some key wickets today, [which includes] some important names is important to him and important to our side" Role is most important part here...