Murali Vijay is a fantastic bat

Cricketics

yep agree with every word of your post Sriram. His balance is so good and the time he has to play each ball is also one of his strengths. He picks the length quickly so hopefully he will start playing more responsibly from here on and not throw his wickets away after the 30s and 40s and after looking so good at the crease. Anyway i am not sure about Badri though, but he does deserve couple of more chances.
++
Yuvraj should come back when he learns the art of patience' date=' batting vs. spin and pace, and fitness. Until then, India is better off without him.[/quote'] I would say Yuvraj should come back when he is fully fit. I think he improved in other aspects. He is a much bigger threat in Tests esp in the SUBCONTINENT more so than his replacement. One thing he needs to improve is his batting in Tests overseas and if he doesn't then yes he may well be replaced. But I would still play him for now.

Yaar, we can't have one person for the subcontinent and one for overseas, and he's so mentally weak abroad that he's been weak even vs. New Zealand. I'd say he needs to learn how to play a moving ball, good spin bowling, and lots of patience. And yeah, he needs to get fit - and I mean that he should lose his really BIG stomach.

Yaar' date=' we can't have one person for the subcontinent and one for overseas, and he's so mentally weak abroad that he's been weak even vs. New Zealand. I'd say he needs to learn how to play a moving ball, good spin bowling, and lots of patience. And yeah, he needs to get fit - and I mean that he should lose his really BIG stomach.[/quote'] Yes, his test record overseas is extremely poor. But I have a feeling he will improve and if he does, it will be extremly good for India. I think he will get a series or 2 overseas before he is dropped if he fails.

Ranjha, Vijay hasn't done any thing great yet but guy is definitely bats well. Didn't get big scores yet but hasn't done too bad for the very little amount of chances he has been given. This is a very tough bowling attack of South Africa. He hasn't had a good series, which is bound to happen for every player.

Ranjha, Vijay hasn't done any thing great yet but guy is definitely bats well. Didn't get big scores yet but hasn't done too bad for the very little amount of chances he has been given. This is a very tough bowling attack of South Africa. He hasn't had a good series, which is bound to happen for every player.
True. He is still in the early stages but so far not impressed with the batting. Got out to a staright delivery today.

Today he was rattled by the bouncer. He just got stuck on the backfoot. This is what happens when you don't make the start count. In the last match he was in absolute ease against all bowlers. But he gifted his wicket to Paul Harris. People would have forgiven him if he had got a 100 in the last test and got out this way. Now it looks far worse because of his failure in the last match.

Then I guess we should send back everyone who failed at Nagpur and who crumbled for 70-odd in the last time too, right. This is the best bowling attack in the world and there are two debutant trying to fill in for Rahul Dravid and the like. It will take time for them to adjust. Indian fans are so fickle

Lol...Rohit hasn't played a single test man. WTF are you on about ? Comparing chances in test V/S those in some meaningless ODIs
Ok fine. I hope Vijay does not go UV way :aetsch: