Murali Vijay is a fantastic bat

Cricketics

Yesterday he looked rock solid until he played that shot which wasn't bad but not good for the situation and also the fielder was standing. He played his shots and never looked nervous facing Steyn who got him out in the first inning with a beauty. The guy gets to play once in blue moon for the Indian team and when he has been given chances, he has always looked good. In his last two appearance, he hasn't put any big score on the board but has definitely maintained a good game from his batting. I think he and badri needs to be persisted with and given more chances whenever the opportunity arrive.

He would be kicking himself for not converting many of his starts. Just needs to go past the 100 mark once and after that we will see the real talent in him flourish even more.Looks a very compact batsman with good defence and a range of shots. How I wish some of these guys like Vijay, Raina, Rohit, Pandey, Kohli, Dhawan, Tiwary , Rahane, Nayar etc could go to Aus/SA on A tours , play 3-4 first class matches against the home A sides and get ready for test cricket.

Vijay does look good.only problem at the moment is conversion Badri on the other hand,doesnt convince me at all.he seems too scared n nervous.goes into his shell.i would like to give him some chances but i'll be surprised if he does well in test cricket

I think he is genuine find. Such stupid strokes have not been played by just him. People take time to measure up and adapt their game to test cricket, the reason why it's considered the ultimate test. Hopefully, he can score a big one at Calcutta and push Yuvraj out of contention for the time being. He holds a lot of promise.

vijay and badri are definately here to stay they should be persisted with , they maybe the only ones who could come close to the ones they will be replacing
Vijay yes, but not convinced by Badri. As for the rest, Kohli for example is 21 and has not even been given a chance at Test level yet - how can you write someone like him off already?
Vijay yes, but not convinced by Badri. As for the rest, Kohli for example is 21 and has not even been given a chance at Test level yet - how can you write someone like him off already?
kohli is a good emerging player, no doubts virat will make it to the test side, when another spot opens up, i.e. when sachin retires, or yuvraj continues his current form

Thing why we all want Badri to get chance is that he should be given a proper run. You can't just drop him like that. Thats what people mean. Yeah I too beleive Virat Kohli is our future in test cricket. Infact I have already revealed that Virat KOHLI is the future Indian Captain even before he was called in Indian ODI side.

Vijay looks good, but needs to play with a little more confidence. Yesterday, there were a few overpitched deliveries outside the off which should have been driven with more authority for a boundary, instead he played half hearted drives to the fielder. Then ofc the brain dead sweep. Decent technique, needs to be more assertive and put runs on the board.

He looked fantastic. There's a poise, grace and composure about him that is impossible to miss. Apart from that, there's also an arrogant gait about that is so vital to a champion batsmen. The shot he played this morning to get dismissed probably reduced our survival chances in this match by 50%. He would have learned a lot from that. Even if VVS and Dravid come back, he should probably replace UV in the eleven.