‘I play with my heart, for my country’ : Harbhajan Singh

Feed

Bravo. Bhajji supporters have reached a new low I see. so if Laxman fails for a series of matches' date= we should just say that Rohit Sharma, Badri or Vijay failed in those matches too. What an insult will it be for a senior, class player like Laxman to compare him with these newocomers. Yet Bhajji is compared to giys who have played a handful of tests and a 20 year old fast bowler
Yes not just bhajji supporters all those who support those players no matter what because he belongs to my ''region '' hit the lowest possible level. Screw all those regional fanatics.
You are once again missing the point. I never said Mishra shouldn't play. He is playing along side Bhajji but at this point of time' date=' he is not as good as Bhajji so all this premature talk of dropping Bhajji is nonsense....drop him for who?[/quote'] Steyn was not as good as Andrew Hall and Nel after 8 matches. So Nel and Hall should never have been dropped and Steyn shouldnt have been retained

I don't criticise Bhajji just because he is from particular region or have particular religion. I would even support Sharandeep Shing to replace Bhajji if he helps in Team India's cause.. The reason I wish Bhajji should be shown his place or dropped to give him some sense because he thinks that he is bigger than the team. This attitude or feeling he has gained quite a lot post the infamous Australia tour. I remember I fought tooth and nail against Australian forumers in different forums, in support of Bhajji. Then also I (and am sure all the India fans) have supported Bhajji because he is part of the Indian team and not because he hails from some particular region or has particular religion. Heck I've got banned so many times from various Aussie forums fighting fot the cause of Bhajji. Nevertheless I will criticise him because I feel that he is harming Teams interest and he doesn't have the right attitude. He has been through number of controvercies and have got support from most of the Indian fans. Now let's talk about his attitude. When was the last time we saw him fielding well? Does he stops the ball cleanly or uses one hand to stop the ball and the bowling end when a fielder throws a ball at him? He gives an angry look at the fielder as if giving a message to not throw at his end or not throwing the ball properly. He always looks frustrated and angry at everybody. He could be the only offspinner in International cricket who bowls Leg side darts and leg side spinning away balls regularly while bowling over the wicket. I'm pretty sure he is feeling the heat now. He should be. For years he played second fiddle to Kumble and the pressure was on Kumble. Now Bhajji is the senior spin bowler in the team and he has to lead the way for new bowlers. He has to ditch the ODI and T20 mentality while he bowls in test matches. He needs to develope new weapons in his armoury. All the top experienced bowlers keep on developing new deliveries to outfox the batsmen. Bhajji appears to be not othered on anything. He thinks that whatever he is dishing out is good enough. No it's not good enough. He has to revive his Doosra again. He should develope some slow looping deliveries. At present he bowls flattish a lot. Which might save him runs but will not get him wickets. Even bowling flattish he goes for runs now because he has become so predictable. We shouldn't compare Math teacher with Bhajji. Bhajji is an off spinner and Math teacher is a leg spinner. It's unfortunate that Dhoni is not giveng proper field support a leg spinner needs.

Yes not just bhajji supporters all those who support those players no matter what because he belongs to my ''region '' hit the lowest possible level. Screw all those regional fanatics.
Bhaji supporter cos he took most test wickets for India in 2008 and most in 2009. Also has won numerous games and took loads of wickets over last decade. As an indian supporter you should offer support if is form has dipped for a few months and not start to organise a lynch mob.
I don't criticise Bhajji just because he is from particular region or have particular religion. I would even support Sharandeep Shing to replace Bhajji if he helps in Team India's cause.. The reason I wish Bhajji should be shown his place or dropped to give him some sense because he thinks that he is bigger than the team. This attitude or feeling he has gained quite a lot post the infamous Australia tour. I remember I fought tooth and nail against Australian forumers in different forums, in support of Bhajji. Then also I (and am sure all the India fans) have supported Bhajji because he is part of the Indian team and not because he hails from some particular region or has particular religion. Heck I've got banned so many times from various Aussie forums fighting fot the cause of Bhajji. Nevertheless I will criticise him because I feel that he is harming Teams interest and he doesn't have the right attitude. He has been through number of controvercies and have got support from most of the Indian fans. Now let's talk about his attitude. When was the last time we saw him fielding well? Does he stops the ball cleanly or uses one hand to stop the ball and the bowling end when a fielder throws a ball at him? He gives an angry look at the fielder as if giving a message to not throw at his end or not throwing the ball properly. He always looks frustrated and angry at everybody. He could be the only offspinner in International cricket who bowls Leg side darts and leg side spinning away balls regularly while bowling over the wicket. I'm pretty sure he is feeling the heat now. He should be. For years he played second fiddle to Kumble and the pressure was on Kumble. Now Bhajji is the senior spin bowler in the team and he has to lead the way for new bowlers. He has to ditch the ODI and T20 mentality while he bowls in test matches. He needs to develope new weapons in his armoury. All the top experienced bowlers keep on developing new deliveries to outfox the batsmen. Bhajji appears to be not othered on anything. He thinks that whatever he is dishing out is good enough. No it's not good enough. He has to revive his Doosra again. He should develope some slow looping deliveries. At present he bowls flattish a lot. Which might save him runs but will not get him wickets. Even bowling flattish he goes for runs now because he has become so predictable. We shouldn't compare Math teacher with Bhajji. Bhajji is an off spinner and Math teacher is a leg spinner. It's unfortunate that Dhoni is not giveng proper field support a leg spinner needs.
Why question his attitude? What evdience do you have? Please post evidence of missed training sessions, turning up late for training and not trying. Or fights in dressing etc. He is giving 100% no doubts there. You know it is possible a player can play cr#p cos they are simply out of form and not due to the ridiculous conspiracy theories about attitude spouted on the internet. Also I do not back him cos he is punjabi. I have rallied on many occassions to the support of Tendulkar and Dravid (and many others) for example when the lynch mob were in full flow, and last time I checked they were not punjabi. While on the topic of god he is very good mates and clearly he does see bhaji as some loose cannon as the internet conspiracy theorists do! Are people now questioning gods judgemnet in friends:giggle:
Bhaji supporter cos he took most test wickets for India in 2008 and most in 2009. Also has won numerous games and took loads of wickets over last decade. As an indian supporter you should offer support if is form has dipped for a few months and not start to organise a lynch mob.
he was thje ONLY test bowler who played in ALL games in those test matches. Our pace bowlers were injured and our spin bowlers never got a long run. Hardly an achievement for Bhajji. And its not our fault if we have higher expectations from our spin bowlers exactly as we have from our batsmen

Since 2008 he has took the most wickets of any spinner in world cricket. He can't be that bad then? Not saying he is amazing but certainly deserves a lot more respect as a player then he gets. Yes he is in a dip of form and was poor last test match. But to say sorry thats no good and axe him is OTT. Lets give him an opportunity to get back his form, he deserves that at least when you have taking as many wickets as he has. If this continues for next test series , then axing may be justified. But at this stage its just a knee jerk reaction, especially in light of the also ppor performance of Mishra the fellow spinner. When we are playing 2 spinners as we are now, its even more OTT to axe him.

Guest DeveGowda
I hope he gives a better performance in Eden.
He may win MoM.. even cricinfo thinks same .... "Considering his last MoM display in Tests came more than four years ago, he is due another such performance."

Bhajji is the best spinner in the world. Inventor of doosra, teesra and is working on pisra, I bet he will pick up 12 wickets against the saffers and prove his critics wrong. Common this is the same bowler that makes Murali look like a part timer, Bow down to Bhajji as he's going to crumble the Soouth African line up like a Tsunami.