IPL bans Ravindra Jadeja for anti-team actions

SachDan

Mumbai: Has Ravindra Jadeja become too big for his shoes? His Indian Premier League (IPL) franchisee seems to think so. The 21-year-old all-rounder is believed to have invited the wrath of his franchisee Rajasthan Royals for ‘anti-team activities’ and has been banned for one year. It was learnt late on Friday that the Royals have left him out of the squad that will take part in IPL III, scheduled to start on March 12. Inquiries reveal the left-arm bowler has been punished by the IPL’s governing council. The charges against the Saurashtra player are of trying to bypass IPL rules. Well-placed sources in the cricket league have revealed that Jadeja even tried to negotiate with another franchisee. “It has come to our notice that he was trying to violate all the franchisee and IPL rules. He tried to bargain about his fees with his team. Such indiscipline cannot be tolerated,†said an IPL official. After a complaint was lodged against him, the IPL authorities made inquiries and then passed a unanimous decision to ban him from the league for 12 months. Jadeja, who played a stellar role for the Jaipur team in IPL I, was originally bought by the Royals for Rs12 lakh. The performance led to his inclusion in the India ODI and Twenty20 squad. To date, he has played 19 ODIs and five Twenty20 internationals. The impact this will have on the player’s international career cannot be immediately ascertained. Jadeja, who is believed to be aware of the disciplinary action against him, could not be reached for comment. His cell phones were switched off. Messages were sent to Rajasthan Royals CEO Sean Morris and co-owner Manoj Badale but responses could not be obtained. Lalit Modi, IPL chairman, refused to comment. Friday was the last day for the teams to submit the names of their final squads. http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_ipl-bans-ravindra-jadeja-for-anti-team-actions_1347148

Guest DeveGowda

These things Bound to happen when they saw the Astronomical prices Splashed for some other palyers.. Just think what will b going in mind of Watson,Taylor who all have only $100,000 contarcts but played exceptionally...compare to Million dollor Buys...! *Same like US ICF'rs . :winky:

Guest DeveGowda
lol weak RR just got weaker:hehe:
no man..they have Yusuf,Smith and Warne...Besides they have 2 very good Bowlers in Tait and Morkel...Also once Watson returns they will be get additional strength... tait in very good form in t20 lately... *Add to this Damyn Martin :)

no man..they have Yusuf,Smith and Warne...Besides they have 2 very good Bowlers in Tait and Morkel...Also once Watson returns they will be get additional strength... tait in very good form in t20 lately... *Add to this Damyn Martin :)
lol dude. You are concentrating more on the four players instead of the seven. This is Indian Premier League:orderorder:

Guest DeveGowda
lol dude. You are concentrating more on the four players instead of the seven. This is Indian Premier League:orderorder:
if u saw earlier 2 editions..only 4 or 5 people will make big Impact...rmaining people are Just to complete the 11 player rule :haha: Example - CSK :hysterical: * But BRC and DC entered last year Final based on team performance ... ** I just replied to the Lords' post of RR became weeker now by absense of Jadeja..but i think RR can take Jadeja's absense over Yusuf,Watson or Warne....No body can cry about one player :winky:

if u saw earlier 2 editions..only 4 or 5 people will make big Impact...rmaining people are Just to complete the 11 player rule :haha: Example - CSK :hysterical: * But BRC and DC entered last year Final based on team performance ... ** I just replied to the Lords' post of RR became weeker now by absense of Jadeja..but i think RR can take Jadeja's absense over Yusuf,Watson or Warne....No body can cry about one player :winky:
come on, now:mad: Ntini, MSD, Raina, Haydos, Balaji, Hussey, Murali all won atleast one MOM..We did put up a team performance in both the editions:hitler:

Guest DeveGowda
come on' date=' now:mad: Ntini, MSD, Raina, Haydos, Balaji, Hussey, Murali all won atleast one MOM..We did put up a team performance in both the editions:hitler:[/quote'] No...no..no hyaden and raina are the Only poeple i remembers from u r last year performance..:giggle: The only Team work CSK showed was against DC ..where 3/4 people combine and failed to Runout Dwayne smith twice or Thrice :hysterical: *U Have good team on paper but NOT on Field :winky: ****Most important this is Ravindra Jadeja's thread if we want to Discuss about CSK we will do that in CSK or CSK Dreamers thread :yay: (why deny Ravindra jadeja his 25 posts)

until Watson returns thier team will be bowler heavy n on Indian conditions,i expect Tait n Morkel to get thrashed. Warne is great bowler n captain but dont know how much fuel in the tank is left for him Damien Martyn will be a big :fail: imo i'm not discounting thier chances,anything can happen in T20 they did win the inaugural competition,but they look the weakest side to me.n it has got weaker with this news