Such a liberating feeling

Gambit

Guest Gunner
Done! with Shock and Awe after 5 years Gonna work for the Provincial Government now
:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up: Awesome Rajiv, Good luck mate!! :two_thumbs_up:

Woah, look at all these icf-ers making these job/career switches! Rajiv – isn’t the pay less(er) in the public sector? :D
I am not sure about all sectors but in Tech Sector ( I will be in Health Services ), pay is X 2 and half the work I worked in the Real Estate industry so far and I couldn't stand large egomaniac US Brokers anymore, plus the market is so dead in the states that I had to move on. I could have gone with pvt Firm which is in top 15 Fortune 500 but I chose to stick with Public Sector

Resigned and going to spend the next 2.5 months from August traveling around Australia, South East Asia and India. Beer and pizza to celebrate, cocaine and hookers if the budget stretches that far :yay:
:woot: :aha: :yay: :aha: When will I post on this thread saying I resigned :((

Bangkok is tempting but I was thinking Singapore and Malaysia. Good chance to catch up with some old university friends as well.
Great going Sree. :two_thumbs_up: Only that 2.5 months is a very long time. Anything more than 10 days and you'll be bored in Singapore + Malaysia. And even 10 days is being very considerate. You might get bored before. I went last year, with a few friends and we did Singapore + KL ( poor man's Singapore + Petronas) + Langkawi + Penang + Johor+ Bali in a 14 day tour. It had a 5 days at SIngapore which was waaay more than required and 2 days at KL which was a total waste. If you are going to hang around for that lot, try and rope in Bangkok, Phuket, Lara Croft temple complex ( forget the name, but its apparently very good) and other places in the vicinity. Cox travels (in India) had a good overall package deal on entire South East Asia. But we couldn't take it due to time issues. You might want to check that out.

Thanks everyone. Mariyam, the 2.5 month duration takes into account my friends wedding, which he insisted I come since I was going to be in India at roughly the same time. Small world, this is. I live thousands of kilo meters away and haven't been to India for the last 8 odd years but I make it in time for his wedding. I feel very happy for him and vice versa.

Great going Sree. :two_thumbs_up: Only that 2.5 months is a very long time. Anything more than 10 days and you'll be bored in Singapore + Malaysia. And even 10 days is being very considerate. You might get bored before. I went last year, with a few friends and we did Singapore + KL ( poor man's Singapore + Petronas) + Langkawi + Penang + Johor+ Bali in a 14 day tour. It had a 5 days at SIngapore which was waaay more than required and 2 days at KL which was a total waste. If you are going to hang around for that lot, try and rope in Bangkok, Phuket, Lara Croft temple complex ( forget the name, but its apparently very good) and other places in the vicinity. Cox travels (in India) had a good overall package deal on entire South East Asia. But we couldn't take it due to time issues. You might want to check that out.
Sounds like the kinda company sree will love. Jokes apart, Sree, congrats. You've done what many cannot. Enjoy your time off. You can try out Cox like Yammy suggests. Or try SOTC if you want a luxurious tour.

:agree: Singapore+KL is about 4 days maximum IMO.