Avengers: The film

Sooda

Loki: I am a God! I am not going to be bullied by a... Hulk: dham dham dham dham dham Audience: :haha: :haha: :haha: :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: :cantstop::cantstop::cantstop:
If ever there was anything epic, that was it. EPIC! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Puny god

Loved the moment when Hulk fails to lift Thor's hammer during their fight, for all the might he has. Small moments make a great film, and this film is full of these. Also, when Loki gets scared of the lightning and says something like - I'm scared of what comes after! Though they shouldn't have had Hindi dialogues in the Calcutta sequence.
:omg: I KNEW someone on ICF would bring this up.

In the middle of the interval. :regular_smile: I like the way the use of 3D is heading. it's not so much about OMG 3D!!! Wowzers!!! Look at that shark coming at me! it's more like an added nuance to the movie watching experience. Kind of like when sound was added. In the beginning it was all about hearing a forty piece orchestra, but then eventually it became more about hearing the sighs, whispers, footsteps, breathing... it's part of the whole movie experience. This is where 3D technology is heading. Not about this movie 3D, but like this movie (3d). We will get used to seeing the depth of field in normal scenes.
agree

Why? I have spoken Hindi in Kolkata. Whats wrong in that? :dontknow:
No flaw in what you are saying. But when you show native resident kids (in Kolkata) speaking in Hindi, it is a bit off. If you were to show a 'local' Tammy kid speak to her mother in a sequence in Chennai, what would be the most likely language? Hindi or Tamil?

No flaw in what you are saying. But when you show native resident kids (in Kolkata) speaking in Hindi, it is a bit off. If you were to show a 'local' Tammy kid speak to her mother in a sequence in Chennai, what would be the most likely language? Hindi or Tamil?
There's the fact that she was a slum-dweller and therefore more likely than not to be from Bihar or Eastern UP in which case her speaking in Hindi is appropriate.

There's the fact that she was a slum-dweller and therefore more likely than not to be from Bihar or Eastern UP in which case her speaking in Hindi is appropriate.
These explanations can always be made. You can show a slum dweller in Delhi speaking in Bengali, but it's not the most accurate representation of the place. Heck, they could have even shown people speaking in Chinese as well, since Kolkata has such a well-developed China Town.

I hate when they show India and all the slum, poverty and people begging on the streets... on topic: In case people wondering the amount of time/space on screen shared by each Avenger {Possible spoilers}{Possible spoilers} Hawkeye: 12:44 [it's no surprise that Jeremy Renner's assassin was the recipient of the least screen time. His talent involves being a really good archer with a really awesome collapsible bow and really explosive arrows. His longest scene (2:40) is a conversation with Black Widow following a brawl between the two of them.] Thor: 25:52 [Chris Hemsworth gets more than his share of hitting people moments, yet is limited to only one extended dialogue scene a 2:13-long conversation with brother Loki atop a mountain at night.] Bruce Banner: 28:03 [if you're combining the double-duty Mark Ruffalo pulls as both Banner and the Hulk (and you really ought to, since the actor donned a motion-capture suit to play the latter). Still, Ruffalo's unchanged mug gets 20:29 minutes of screen time, which is more than is afforded Renner.] Black Widow: 33:35 [The most surprising thing to emerge from our little experiment was the fact that Scarlett Johansson's three-point landing super-assassin got the third-most screen time of all the superheroes. In fact, she got the most unbroken dialogue scenes of any of the six: her introductory interrogation scene (3:14); recruiting Banner in the slums (2:49); a face-off on the Helicarrier with Loki (3:30); and a conversation with Hawkeye following their fight (2:40).] Iron Man: 37:01 [Not surprising, given the manner in which the Downey Jr. one-liner has become the most reliable part of a Marvel movie. His Tony Stark also gets several extended dialogue scenes: particularly one with Pepper Potts and Agent Coulson (4:48), and another with Loki right before the film's third-act battle scene (3:52)] Captain America: 37:42 [He squeaks by Iron Man, which makes sense, since much of the film's internal debate about selfishness versus selflessness occurs between Chris Evans's Cap and Downey's Stark. He shares substantial scenes with almost every character and is one of the last faces we see on screen, as he rides off on his motorcycle.]

Nitpicking about which language should be appropriate in the Calcutta scene? Does not make any difference! Reminds me of a true incident when Neil Tyson (famous astrophysicist) confronted James Cameron about the wrongly depicted night sky in Titanic.

"I really wanted him to grovel and ask forgiveness, Dr Tyson joked, but the mature side of me nodded and I didn't say anything else. Dr Tyson composed Cameron a letter requesting the mistake be rectified, but got no response. It was only years later that the two of them happened to be at a dinner together at the Hayden Planetarium in New York. As the night progressed, Dr Tyson mustered the courage to talk to Cameron, saying: my issue here is not that the sky was wrong, it was that you got everything else right. Cameron then told him: Last I checked, Titanic has grossed $1.3billion. Imagine how much more money the film would have grossed if I would have gotten the sky correct. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2125209/Youve-got-wrong-sky-How-James-Cameron-altered-night-sky-reworked-Titanic-3D-years-complaints-outspoken-astronomer.html
Tyson obviously could not come up with a more wittier reply. However, to Tyson's credit, Cameron did fix the sky later when the movie got a special DVD release. May be, Saurav can write a letter to Joss Whedon, and ask him to include Bengali as the more appropriate language in the Avengers' scene! :D