Should Rahul Dravid retire now???

Guest Gunner
Dude this is pathetic. If he fails at home in the next few tests, I can come back and bump this thread p. He has had 7 good matches and suddenly we should play him for the next 5 years? Some amount of intelligence should go into your arguments. he is 38 and quickly approaching 39, it is certainly time to go.
Guest Gunner
It's best time to retire. At most he should play till Australia series. But after that we don't have many away matches. End your career on a high.
That's exactly what I am saying. Finish it in Australia and it will be fantastic.
Dude this is pathetic. If he fails at home in the next few tests' date=' I can come back and bump this thread p. He has had 7 good matches and suddenly we should play him for the next 5 years? Some amount of intelligence should go into your arguments. he is 38 and quickly approaching 39, it is certainly time to go.[/quote'] so after you were proved wrong that batsman can't have a hi8gh average after 38, you come up with a different argument :sick: Stop making insane arguments like he is 38 years old or I am bored of watching him for 20 years :hysterical: He is 38, but he is much fitter than any other young players. Can you name any player who has fielded for two and half days , then opened the innings and batted through, yet opening at second innings? He has just missed one or two match ( SA series, I guess) in his whole career due to injury whereas some other young players miss the series after one or two match. As I said earlier do not make pathetic arguments to back up you stated, sometimes it makes more sense to accept you were wrong.
Guest Gunner
No' date=' you said he should finish after SA series.[/quote'] Well since he didn't do it there might as well do it Australia. Btw, how much did he score in SA? :winky:
Guest Gunner
so after you were proved wrong that batsman can't have a hi8gh average after 38, you come up with a different argument :sick: Stop making insane arguments like he is 38 years old or I am bored of watching him for 20 years :hysterical: He is 38, but he is much fitter than any other young players. Can you name any player who has fielded for two and half days , then opened the innings and batted through, yet opening at second innings? He has just missed one or two match ( SA series, I guess) in his whole career due to injury whereas some other young players miss the series after one or two match. As I said earlier do not make pathetic arguments to back up you stated, sometimes it makes more sense to accept you were wrong.
Dude, you are an idiotic fanboy, probably whining because he is from Bangalore like yourself. I can't waste my time on such fool hardiness. We carried RSD for 4 years when he did absolutely ****all, so one series doesn't change any of that. If you can't see that I can't help you. He did absolutely nothing in SA, he has had a great series in England and hopefully he will have a good one in Australia and finish it.

We'll need him in Aus, and that will be a good time to bid farewell. Its great that he has scored runs here so we can remember the great man and not the one who has struggled a bit over the last few years. I think post Aus tour there are hom series vs Eng and possibly Pak. The home series vs WI in Nov should be the time to field a experimental side of sorts with younger players and asking Dravid and SRT to sit out. Theyll get match practice in Aus anyway prior to the tour.

Dude' date=' you are an idiotic fanboy, probably whining because he is from Bangalore like yourself. I can't waste my time on such fool hardiness. We carried RSD for 4 years when he did absolutely ****all, so one series doesn't change any of that. If you can't see that I can't help you. He did absolutely nothing in SA, he has had a great series in England and hopefully he will have a good one in Australia and finish it.[/quote'] So when you run out of proper arguments, you have to resort to personal insult , is it? :winky:
Guest Gunner
So when you run out of proper arguments' date=' you have to resort to personal insult , is it? :winky:[/quote'] Ok, I withdraw that. I was not correct to say that. All I am saying is we have carried him for four years, he repaid that with a great series here, give us one more in Oz and move on.
Ok' date=' I withdraw that. I was not correct to say that. All I am saying is we have carried him for four years, he repaid that with a great series here, give us one more in Oz and move on.[/quote'] we carried Sachin/Bajji also for couple of years :winky:

BTW, can all the fan boys and wannabe agents of his explain what has happened to his slip fielding? the biggest liability in the field for india is rahul dravid. the guy spills so many easy catches these days. talk about setting a bad example. and that isn't something new, it's been happening for years. i would like to see the guy retire just to see a competent slip fielder that doesnt fluff every easy chance he gets.

Guest Gunner
You are just so mean gunner....
I was wrong beetle and I shouldn't have made that comment to UBF, I realized it straight away. I am sorry for what I said. I think RSD is one of the three best batsmen to have ever played for India but I also feel that his career is drawing to a close.

I think RD should retire now, not after the Australia series. He is a great man and deserves to go out on top. He is at the top now and couldn't possibly top his performance in Australia. 3 tons in 4 tests /w 60+ average is phenomenal. If I were him, I would get out now when he is THE BEST batsman in our team by a mile. He is even better than SRT and his legacy will be so great.

I was wrong beetle and I shouldn't have made that comment to UBF' date=' I realized it straight away. I am sorry for what I said. I think RSD is one of the three best batsmen to have ever played for India but I also feel that his career is drawing to a close.[/quote'] About RD gunner:(( Can't you guys just shut up and let the man play out his last few series with the dignity he deserves.He is in form and enjoying his cricket.He has already announced his retirement from other forms.He only plays one form and and works harder to prepare for it ...more than anyone else out there.He is also one of the fittest...so what is the problem?

This the best time for him to retire. He's not chasing glory and records like few other players..He's done enough for Indian cricket. Don't wan the present effing team management and that joke of a captain and team to rely on him and piggyback him. He's been overused by the captain and team management. He should retire and take rest..I can understand Indian cricket needs him now more than any other player, but for his sake, I want him to retire and let the glory hunters and record chasers to take some effing responsibilities and help in shaoe the youngsters..If Dravid is there, everybody will leave the job on him as if he's their houshold servant..