Age is a b1tch!

coffee_rules

Aww.... Poor G92 can't dance saala :icflove: Gaurav, I have a suggestion. Navratri is starting on the 28th of September. Get hold of your friends and go for the Sankalp dandiya at least once. I'll guarantee that you'll learn dancing if you spend a few hours there. I hear this year Falguni Pathak will be performing once again. Try and avoid their traditional nights, coz those are a heavy duty dances with folk music. (I enjoy it though). Go on the Razzamtazz night or the Bolly night. You can also go to Maffatlal swimming and boat club during Navratri. They have introduced a new concept. Pool side dandiya. :D It was a major hit last year, I thoroughly enjoyed it. And most of the people there don't know how to dance. So you won't be out of place. And who knows, maybe you'll find that special someone who can teach you to dance while you regale her with tales of Sachin's centuries. :icflove: :icflove: PS: PM me if you want details on passes, more dandiya locales or any such info.

LOL :cantstop: No, I have built up a strong resistance to dancing. My body movements are very forced, and I feel that I don't enjoy while dancing anymore. I start getting quicker heartbeats and I sweat profusely. I am out of breath soon. This is what I have experienced while dancing in Ganesh Visarjan last year. It may be one of those off days when you are tired and the crowd pressure doesn't really help dancing freely, but I don't know, I have still not made up my mind about dancing. Thanks so much for caring Mariyamben, but I will have to first get myself mentally fit, and then physically to be able to dance. That may be a little difficult if not impossible.

^Everyone in my family , uncles and aunties danced in a function at my home few months back. My dad never had a good relationship with my uncles, but on that day everyone forgot everthing and danced like crazy. My mom started to cry in joy after watching my dad and uncles danced together and forgot everything. Even i got little emotional watching it..Lovely memoreis.:yay:

Here you can see a Madhuri vs Aishwarya. Look at the ease with which Madhuri executes these quick turns on the beat of "dola re dola". Aishwarya on the other hand, being untrained almost always lags behind Madhuri Dixit. Count the number of times Madhuri features in a single frame vs the number of times Aish features in a single frame. :winky:
:two_thumbs_up: Aishwarya is no match for Madhuri in this song. Madhuri just makes it look effortless. Chane ke khet me is my fav Maduri number. her grace, her expressions 100/10. if u remove deepak tijori out, then the song is just perfect.

Yam, The greatest flaw in your analysis is that you have taken Bollywood songs of various heroines to illustrate the minute aspects of classical dancing and then judge them . Surely you are aware of how these songs are shot !! They are shot part by part and pieced together with each part needing millions of retakes till the director is happy. The end product better be blooody good. And then there are props , revealing outfits , catchy music, special effects and professional camera work that gloss over any remaining glitches making it a brilliant spectacle.
BB :woot: :icflove: I'm aware that they take multiple retakes to shoot a song. Or even a scene for that matter. To mitigate that effect, I have chosen only solo songs of MD and Sridevi. Generally speaking, the presence of the male lead in the video :D or a dance troupe means many more retakes. Solos are with lesser retakes, especially when its MD and Sridevi who are dancing. And the option of multiple retakes, props, special effects were available to both the actresses. So their starting points are more or less equal. How else can I compare the two? I can only judge them on what I have seen and can see. We don't know how they danced on the sets. We have to rely on the words of others (Shiamak in this case) who've seen them on the sets. The reason I am comparing them on the basis of their ability to do classical dance is as follows: Anyone who excels or is well versed in classical dance(s) can adapt to other styles, free styles easily. If a person starts off with a hip hop/ free style at a young age, she can't pick up a classical dance with as much ease at a later stage. Kind of like test players can play T20 also. T20s can't play tests analogy.
The right way to judge a classical dancer is to observe a live un-edited performance like this --> Incredible India-Odissi Classical Dance(HD)-Part 4-Pallavi by Sujata Mohapatra - YouTube ... any of the ladies that you mentioned in your post will get owned if they decide to partake in a competition with professional classical dancers that specialize in any of the Namma South Indian classical dance forms ( Naaarthies :hehe: ). Iam pretty sure that even Kamal Hassan is a better dancer than most of these ladies. :phehehe:
No doubt a full fledged classical dancer will better a Bolly actress at classical dance. But this is :offtopic: Between Sridevi and Madhuri, who would you say is the better dancer? And why? :hmmm:

In the song "tamma tamma loge" Madhuri had to dance all day long. They had to stop when her ankles started bleeding. That scene of throwing the hat and balancing it on the toes took uncountable retakes as someone in the group would miss in every take. Maddy did not complain and went on patiently giving retakes over and over till it was perfected. She was very particular about her dance shots.

The right way to judge a classical dancer is to observe a live un-edited performance like this --> Incredible India-Odissi Classical Dance(HD)-Part 4-Pallavi by Sujata Mohapatra - YouTube ... any of the ladies that you mentioned in your post will get owned if they decide to partake in a comptetition with professional classical dancers that specialize in any of the Namma South Indian classical dance forms ( Naaarthies :hehe: ). Iam pretty sure that even Kamal Hassan is a better dancer than most of these ladies. :phehehe:
Sujataaaaaa Maam :woot: She's my Guruji's daughter-in-law Btw, odissi dance is not southie classical dance form :nono: I have done a lil bit of bharat natyam and kathak too ...of all these odissi is the toughest and most graceful

Left one is now and right one is before. So think again.
Sonu Walia had put on a lot of weight over the years. She recently came down from 90 kg plus to mid 50s. Remember reading about her bout with obesity and how all her personal friends, men, family let him down. Her adopted dog was her way out. I will dig up the article.