Pakistan Trio Suspended by ICC in Spot Fixing Scandal

asterix

Andrew Miller is currently at the Pakistan press conference and here is the latest: Salman Butt has been asked straight up, did Pakistan deliberately lose the Sydney Test. He did not answer, while Yawar Saeed changed the subject. Are you going to resign Butt is asked? "Why?" Salman replies. "We won a Test against Australia after 15 years, and against England." Can the ODI series take place? "As far as I am concerned, it is on," says Yawar. "These are just allegations, anyone can say anything about anyone, that doesn't make them true," says Salman. "Definitely we have given our best, it's just that the conditions have been difficult for the batsmen," says Salman. "Every person has given 100%, but not every time can you achieve what you want "Mohammad Amir is a young bowler who has done very well in his career," Yawar adds. "He is disappointed to have been involved in these allegations." Andrew Strauss: "Pretty tough day. We turned up knowing all we needed to do was to get the job done and finish things off but the atmosphere was very sombre out there. The game of cricket was in the news not just for the wrong reasons but the worst ones. At the moment the gloss is obviously taken off the win but in time we will remember the good things we've done. I don't know if the one-day series can go ahead now but I think it's important we let the dust settle and let the ICC, PCB and ECB need to sit down and work out what is best to do. "

1.30pm And that's the end of that. The pair have been hustled away, with several questions left unanswered. Not least Salman's alleged connection with Mazher Majeed 1.20pm Andrew Miller is currently at the Pakistan press conference and here is the latest: Salman Butt has been asked straight up, did Pakistan deliberately lose the Sydney Test. He did not answer, while Yawar Saeed changed the subject. Are you going to resign Butt is asked? "Why?" Salman replies. "We won a Test against Australia after 15 years, and against England." Can the ODI series take place? "As far as I am concerned, it is on," says Yawar. "These are just allegations, anyone can say anything about anyone, that doesn't make them true," says Salman. "Definitely we have given our best, it's just that the conditions have been difficult for the batsmen," says Salman. "Every person has given 100%, but not every time can you achieve what you want "Mohammad Amir is a young bowler who has done very well in his career," Yawar adds. "He is disappointed to have been involved in these allegations.

I quote Mazeed.... "I used to go out on the pitch to give the players their drinks. Whenever we couldn't get a wicket, I'd have a lump of Vaseline on my hand, shake their hand. They'd put it on one side of the ball and the ball would suddenly start in-swinging," he said. this is really very sad....

how do we know PCB is not getting their cut in match fixing deals . why else would that guy like Ijaj butt still hang on to his seat , he must be getting some nice kick back from the players. Pakistan cricket team manager Yawar Saeed has decided to quit from the post after the ongoing series against England then he adds this statement "If Ijaz wants me to continue I can't say no to him he is an old friend and if he says I must continue in interest of Pakistan cricket, I will listen. But I will definitely try to convince him the time is right for me to step down," he added. Once something like this gets exposed they run sham saying we are banning players forever. they ban couple of players for two days and then unban them and start the cycle again.

I quote Mazeed.... "I used to go out on the pitch to give the players their drinks. Whenever we couldn't get a wicket, I'd have a lump of Vaseline on my hand, shake their hand. They'd put it on one side of the ball and the ball would suddenly start in-swinging," he said. this is really very sad....
so doesnt this all confirmthat pakistani "greats" like wasim and waqar were all cheaters...the way the ball swung when they bowled...was it all due to vaseline.. ? And hope Mazeed didnt mix any other bodily fluids with the vaseline in his hands.
Not at all surprising. They would invade pitches, bite balls, do drugs anything to gain advantage.
How can that guy Mazheer go on pitch during the match ' date=' is that possible has anyone seen this guiy on pitch during the drink break in match.[/quote'] on the quote he didn't state weather it was this match or another. he has reported of being in close aquintance of the Pakistan team for a long latitude or time... possibly he is talking about an earlier series?
I hope ICC steps into this n doesnt rely on PCB to punish these players.they wont.it'd be phoney bans at the most
if all the accusations are fully Correct, PAKISTAN should be banned from Test Cricket for a certain amount of time, alongside with the players involved being life banned, FINES.. and some legal punishments. this is as serious as an issue can get.