Subramaniam Badrinath

thevortex

54 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

If he didn't think Badri didn't deserve everything else is moot.  It is unprofessional to insult a player who came through ranks by putting up consistent domestic performances.  You cannot say after 8 years when he reached his peak and claim credit.  Let us not forget Kohli's first stint as test batsman was a failure too. It took a while before Kohli established himself as a world class player He put in hours and hours of practice to sharpen his skills. For vengy to say that he knew all about this before hand is frankly laughable. 

And surprisingly he will get away with this offensive remark. This is so demeaning to a player and really low blow to all the hard work he has done.

It shows how much respect selectors have for the domestic cricket and how bias against some regions clouds their thought process.

No wonder we are repeating TTFs in international cricket.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

If he didn't think Badri didn't deserve everything else is moot.  It is unprofessional to insult a player who came through ranks by putting up consistent domestic performances.  You cannot say after 8 years when he reached his peak and claim credit.  Let us not forget Kohli's first stint as test batsman was a failure too. It took a while before Kohli established himself as a world class player He put in hours and hours of practice to sharpen his skills. For vengy to say that he knew all about this before hand is frankly laughable. 

Thats an interesting point. Apparently everyone on this forum has known for years now that likes of Rahul & pant are future of Indian cricket, what are you trying to say ?

20 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

And surprisingly he will get away with this offensive remark. This is so demeaning to a player and really low blow to all the hard work he has done.

It shows how much respect selectors have for the domestic cricket and how bias against some regions clouds their thought process.

I think Its just the society as the whole. You should read some comments in toi ranging from 'tn should be seperate country we should give them elam' to ' black lungi pigs some more dirt on you wont matter much' lolz its a **** hole the country. Good riddance. This ignorance and hate for a state that is a top net contributor to national gdp and indices. IPL has done more harm to national unity than it has done good to cricket.

Edited by Vilander
7 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Thats an interesting point. Apparently everyone on this forum has known for years now that likes of Rahul & pant are future of Indian cricket, what are you trying to say ?

At the time of Badri's selection, Kohli had not reached that stage yet.  He had very indifferent start to his test career. There are many many talented players did not go on to become great players simply because of lack of work ethics. Even many ICFers were not entirely sold on him. His rise as a cricketer was not predicted by anybody. If someone had said 10 years back Kohli would score 35 centuries in one dayers in 10 years people would have laughed.  We knew he was good. But not this good. Unless Rahul is nurtured properly he will go nowhere. My next bet is on Subhman Gill. If he has the same work ethic he will be our next Kohli. Suggesting that but for him Kohli would have never played is ridiculous.  

25 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

If anything as a selector he should show the utmost respect to the domestic cricketing structure. He himself came through such a structure. He got picked only after his Irani cup exploits in 1975.  He should apologize to Badrinath. I have no issue with him taking a dig at Dhoni. But don't use some other player's name to serve your agenda.

3 minutes ago, Vilander said:

I think Its just the society as the whole. You should read some comments in toi ranging from 'tn should be seperate country we should give them elam' to ' black lungi pigs some more dirt on you wont matter much' lolz its a **** hole the country. Good riddance. This ignorance and hate for a state that is a top net contributor to national gdp and indices. IPL has done more harm to national unity than it has done good to cricket.

Are you telling me the bias against a 'dark madrasi' up north and 'foul/loud mouth punjabi' down south started in 2007 with IPL ?

Just now, jf1gp_1 said:

Are you telling me the bias against a 'dark madrasi' up north and 'foul/loud mouth punjabi' down south started in 2007 with IPL ?

Dont know dont care honestly. But atleast ipl seems to have given something between a creative outlet to a quasi legit forum for the hate which is unfortunate.

6 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

At the time of Badri's selection, Kohli had not reached that stage yet.  He had very indifferent start to his test career. There are many many talented players did not go on to become great players simply because of lack of work ethics. Even many ICFers were not entirely sold on him. His rise as a cricketer was not predicted by anybody. If someone had said 10 years back Kohli would score 35 centuries in one dayers in 10 years people would have laughed.  We knew he was good. But not this good. Unless Rahul is nurtured properly he will go nowhere. My next bet is on Subhman Gill. If he has the same work ethic he will be our next Kohli. Suggesting that but for him Kohli would have never played is ridiculous.  

This is what Vengy said "He (Kohli) was technically sound and I thought he should be played. We were going to Sri Lanka and I felt that this is the ideal situation that he should be in the team" very different than what you suggesting. 

Also Dhoni and Gary had a limited point. They said we havent seen Virat so would prefer sticking to current team.

19 minutes ago, Vilander said:

There is no such hate anywhere in south for punjabis btw

To be honest changing times have ensured the word madrasi is no longer used. Everyone from south is no longer by default a madrasi . Its going to take a generation or two for the bias (not going to use the word hate) to go away. Regarding region based 'hate' you mentioned in terms of sport, i actually feel its good cause thats whats building viewership for domestic sport and its a successful model across the world. 

37 minutes ago, Vilander said:

You are choosing to be trolled by random comments on the net. And it's a choice, too, your choice.

How do you know who these ToI posters are?  Their antecedents? It takes no time to set an account and pass a remark.  

Do they represent anyone except troll sensibilities?  Do they speak for the rest of India, or even the North?  How do you know?

You deduce too much.  This is a personal observation only - as far as I can see the Northern perception of the South today, TN included, is one of admiration, envy and appreciation.  3 decades ago that wasn't necessarily the case.  

18 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

This is what Vengy said "He (Kohli) was technically sound and I thought he should be played. We were going to Sri Lanka and I felt that this is the ideal situation that he should be in the team" very different than what you suggesting. 

Also Dhoni and Gary had a limited point. They said we havent seen Virat so would prefer sticking to current team.

Except Kohli did play in Srilanka. He opened the innings. Badri batted way down the order. So the CSK influence he is suggesting doesn't exist. Dhoni never suppressed Kohli's growth as he suggests. Kohli had the best opportunity to showcase his skills as an opener.