ICF photography thread

zen

between I got Nikon D700 ;:) lovin it
Oh congrats! ..... What abt the glass to match it? ps be advised that now if you take good pictures the credit will go to the camera. It happens to me a lot of time with friends pulling my leg w/ "you took nice pics becoz u hv a nice camera'

^heheh I know because my d90 is appreciated more than me .IMO its 10% gear ,2% technical skills ,10% creativity and Rest is all luck .you gotta be at the right place at the right time . Anyway ,These are the lenses I will be using 24-85mm ,50mm ,and 70-300mm .I will be keeping my D90 for wide end because I've have 10-24mm . I'm also planning to get 85mm and 16-35mm for D700 ? What do you think?.I know I should have got these lenses before getting D700 ,but it was getting harder to find D700 in stock .Even the one I got was one of the last pieces Nikon India had in their warehouse .I got new one for about $2100 with warranty. I would love to buy Carl Zeiss lenses ,but they are too expensive for me .

^heheh I know because my d90 is appreciated more than me .IMO its 10% gear ,2% technical skills ,10% creativity and Rest is all luck .you gotta be at the right place at the right time . Anyway ,These are the lenses I will be using 24-85mm ,50mm ,and 70-300mm .I will be keeping my D90 for wide end because I've have 10-24mm . I'm also planning to get 85mm and 16-35mm for D700 ? What do you think?.I know I should have got these lenses before getting D700 ,but it was getting harder to find D700 in stock .Even the one I got was one of the last pieces Nikon India had in their warehouse .I got new one for about $2100 with warranty. I would love to buy Carl Zeiss lenses ,but they are too expensive for me .
16-35mm is a good lens but expect distortion (can be corrected in pp) and it's slow at F4 (unless you will be shooting at F8 and above) .... Go for it if you need the 16-24 range on ff. this is assuming that 24-85 works on ff camera too I hv an all prime line up: 28/2 and 50/2 makro from Zeiss, and 85/1.4 from Rokinon .... All of them are manual focusing but hv electronic chip so you can get focus confirmation (green dot) If you want a reasonably priced fast glass and don't mind manual focus (albet w/ focus confirmation), then check out Rokinon 35/1.4 and 85/1.4 .... You could chk them out at bh video or adorama. They will even ship it to Ind, iirc PS Rokinon

16-35mm is a good lens but expect distortion (can be corrected in pp) and it's slow at F4 (unless you will be shooting at F8 and above) .... Go for it if you need the 16-24 range on ff. this is assuming that 24-85 works on ff camera too I hv an all prime line up: 28/2 and 50/2 makro from Zeiss, and 85/1.4 from Rokinon .... All of them are manual focusing but hv electronic chip so you can get focus confirmation (green dot) If you want a reasonably priced fast glass and don't mind manual focus (albet w/ focus confirmation), then check out Rokinon 35/1.4 and 85/1.4 .... You could chk them out at bh video or adorama. They will even ship it to Ind, iirc PS Rokinon
yes 24-85mm works on FF .I won't bother getting lenses from US other than CF cards's and filters for landscaping unless someone brings them for me .I don't want to pay 24% customs on lenses . yep ,isn't that what you expect from a wide angle lens i.e distrotions. reason why I like UWA 4828558055_41f9702beb_z.jpg4445842225_816556e598_z.jpg

Day before yesterday my gujjuland trip ended :) .Awesome trip it was.just loved it . White Rann of Kutch in Moon Light 6712997693_87e96ea45a_b.jpg Description about the place : White Rann is a seasonal Salt Marsh located in the Thar Desert of Kutch District [Gujarat] :Rann means "Salt Marsh: