Ganguly UNSOLD at the IPL!

Jersey #10

I hope the likes of Gambhir and Yusuf don't get booed at Eden like what happened in an ODI vs SA when team India was booed which prompted Smith to say " we felt like playing at home". Also given the bad relations between KKR and CAB (mainly over setting upcorporate boxes and free tickets for CAB club members), I will not be surprised if KKR plays a few of its home matches at Barabati stadium, Cuttack.

I hope the likes of Gambhir and Yusuf don't get booed at Eden like what happened in an ODI vs SA when team India was booed which prompted Smith to say " we felt like playing at home". Also given the bad relations between KKR and CAB (mainly over setting upcorporate boxes and free tickets for CAB club members), I will not be surprised if KKR plays a few of its home matches at Barabati stadium, Cuttack.
That didnt happen throughout the Ground except for One Stand.

Me thinks it is more hero worship than anything else.
You think? :winky: It is hero worship, and dada worship has traditionally been one of the best examples of that. Just read some of the posts, people are writing things like, No dada means No kkr :haha: Even when Greg Chappell (for all his flaws) made some relevant points and valid criticisms about Ganguly, the dada worship will not hear anything negative about their hero, and will defend anything and everything about SG. This is nothing new, for many years - dada worship has been one of the longstanding examples of hero worship in Indian cricket. Far more than even Sachin Tendulkar. I mean, Tendulkar has the numbers in terms of fans - but in terms of just jingoistic hero worship, Dada it is :haha: It will be fun to watch what happens in the matches at Eden Gardens in this IPL - what will the crowd behavior be? Or will they be so angry that Dada is not there, that they dont watch the matches? Would they rather see Dada scratch around and lose the match due to his inept T20 batting skills? And like you said - this is a BUSINESS decision - there are so many franchises, and no one wants Ganguly in it now. So, the dadagiri needs to be wrapped up, and move on for the IPL4 season.

That, and it seems like Gayrukh now wants to give 'some role' to Ganguly - quite clearly he wants to appease the hero worshippers. He is probably forced to do it to prevent large scale riot or boycott for KKR :laugh: Maybe he'll pay Dada to be a "special" consultant for KKR :winky: to appease the crowd. I like KKR team selection this time, They have a good team and :kkr: has a good chance in this IPL4. People should realize that instead of whinging that Dada is missing.

"Kumble snubbing Dravid" :roll: "No way to treat a legend like Dada" :roll: Louda. Their team, their money, their choice. All the peeps complaining have the option of boycotting IPL.
No fu cking way. It's not their team, they have bought the city based team, if they wish people throng to the stadium, they better get some local boys to keep local interest in the teams. Otherwise it will be like Test cricket in small centers with cricket being played in empty stadiums. RCB will get bitten this time to see them make amends. They are already clamoring for Manish Pandey who is trying to go to Pune.

Some of these folks are out of their minds :hysterical: They did this effigy burning during G.Chappell days too. Good business selling effigies LOL!

Angry over Kolkata Knight Riders' decision to not bid for Sourav Ganguly at the IPL auction, the fans of the former India skipper burnt KKR's principal owner Shah Rukh Khan in effigy on Sunday. Not only KKR but none of the nine other IPL franchisees showed interest in Ganguly. Ganguly, who is an iconic figure in Bengal, went unsold on the first day of the auction. He had a base price of $400,000. "No Sourav, no cricket," the fans said holding placards. They alleged that a "political conspiracy" was hatched against Ganguly. "We will boycott KKR matches here," they said. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/iplarticleshow/7248103.cms

Ahem...Wasn't Dada worship the reason this board was formed. He probably is worth more than Manoj Tiwary and a lot more but i think that KKR and 9 other franchises did not want him because of Brand Dada. If Ganguly is picked in any team (other than MI), he has to be the captain and that is the biggest fear other franchises had. But, having seen how kolkatta is insane about him, that they would even go the extent of booing Dravid when dada was dropped, KKR might not get enough support from home crowd this time. But losing home support is a small price to pay compared to losing a spot in the Champions league. CSK's support, ad dollars this time is going to be huge.

Ahem...Wasn't Dada worship the reason this board was formed. He probably is worth more than Manoj Tiwary and a lot more but i think that KKR and 9 other franchises did not want him because of Brand Dada. If Ganguly is picked in any team (other than MI), he has to be the captain and that is the biggest fear other franchises had. But, having seen how kolkatta is insane about him, that they would even go the extent of booing Dravid when dada was dropped, KKR might not get enough support from home crowd this time. But losing home support is a small price to pay compared to losing a spot in the Champions league. CSK's support, ad dollars this time is going to be huge.
I hope so .These corporates should learn a lesson

No fu cking way. It's not their team, they have bought the city based team, if they wish people throng to the stadium, they better get some local boys to keep local interest in the teams. Otherwise it will be like Test cricket in small centers with cricket being played in empty stadiums. RCB will get bitten this time to see them make amends. They are already clamoring for Manish Pandey who is trying to go to Pune.
People will still throng, boss. Tontee-Tontee :aha: And if not, then the team owners will change their business model.

Eden Gardens was outraged when sachin was given out wrongly against Pakistan in a test match. Sachin had to come out and appeal calm Eden Gardens was outraged and couldn't bear India losing in 1996 semifinals Eden Gardens protested when Kapil Dev was dropped people of this city are not just mere cricket fans watching the game with family and eating potato chips. They bring their heart and soul to the game and support the team with passion. And when you do injustice to the beloved son of that city you're bound to receive fightback

Eden Gardens was outraged when sachin was given out wrongly against Pakistan in a test match. Sachin had to come out and appeal calm Eden Gardens was outraged and couldn't bear India losing in 1996 semifinals Eden Gardens protested when Kapil Dev was dropped people of this city are not just mere cricket fans watching the game with family and eating potato chips. They bring their heart and soul to the game and support the team with passion. And when you do injustice to the beloved son of that city you're bound to receive fightback
Lol that's not bring your heat and soul to the game you clown. That's called whining.

Lol that's not bring your heat and soul to the game you clown. That's called whining.
arre burbaak:P laloo ji .....if you're watching the game just for phun then it will not matter to you if your home team is losing or one of your fav player is given out cheaply.... if you're watching the game with pure pride and unlike game watching these days which has become more of a commercial business back in the 90s people would evoke extreme emotion. Rickshaws would stop...taxis would take a break...trains wouldn't leave the platform.....everyone would be busy hearing the radio or thronging together wherever they could find a tv whenever India would be playing. Why do you think so many people consider Eden to be one of the best grounds to play cricket even today despite of all the previous events? who wouldn't wanna play in front of 100,000 crowd cheering for you.

Kapil Dev on this issue: “Lot of other reasons are there. I don’t think merely on cricketing basis, he is not there,” said Kapil. “I always felt Ganguly should be the captain of the Kolkata Knight Riders, otherwise, he should not be playing. Because of his nature, commitment, determination and the way he works with the team or what he did to the Indian team, all this makes a lot of difference,” Kapil told a news channel. Kapil said without Sourav, KKR will lose its fan base. “Without Sourav, KKR is nothing. A lot of time there was confusion whether he should be playing as a player or leading the side as the captain. If I was there, I would have said lead the side to the best of your ability else just say goodbye to cricket,” he said. (PTI )

And when you do injustice to the beloved son of that city you're bound to receive fightback
"Injustice"? What injustice? This is a league and their owners bid in auction based on what kind of team they want. They are paying big bucks for this, and they are fully entitled to the team and players they want to pay these big bucks for. I dont see any injustice in this. Injustice is if they are "arm twisted" into picking players by force, rather than by choice.

NO dada = NO KKR SRK can take his beloved team(remove the word 'kolkata') w/ overpaid cow lashers to some other city in Maharashtra or move it to his favorite country Pakistan and play in the PPL ....no one gives a damn Eden Gardens would be empty mark my words.... Sourav Ganguly is not just an icon but a symbol of success for Kolkata and Bengal ...
:haha::haha::haha: