Varun Aaron: Future of Indian pace attack ?

sid316

Its not only this match dhoni has had a history of doing so and the way he speaks in press conferences about aaron and yadav being a little quidker than Speed demons P.k ' date=V.k tells me his preference ,No praises for a young bowler you say at press conference pace is not imp at int cricket ,Most other captains would have been praising pace of their fast bowlers.
He said they are more quicker than the usual 135kmph Indian bowler,so its good to have them.What you want him to say in the press confrences,OMG we got our 1st fast bowler,look out out for him,he will kill every batsmen that comes his way,some thing like that ? He handles most of the press confrences like this only,if you have seen any of his press confrences
He said they are more quicker than the usual 135kmph Indian bowler' date='so its good to have them.What you want him to say in the press confrences,[b']OMG we got our 1st fast bowler,look out out for him,he will kill every batsmen that comes his way,some thing like that ? He handles most of the press confrences like this only,if you have seen any of his press confrences
Why not? You hear graeme smith,micheal clarke,ponting talk about a young steyn,morkel,tait and will they say yeah he is only LITTLE quicker than pollock,mcgrath and which 135km bowlers dhoni has p.k is 125 and v.k is 128 so average speed of 140k and fastest of 145 and 147 k is not a ****ing little quicker dhoni its a lot quicker .
lol wut. pitch was turning sqare. English players are poor against spin. We rode on a spectacular collapse to win the match. Do the math
even if we lose the dead rubber it has no meaning even crowds did not turn up.it was chance to test young bowlers and if dhoni thinks winning odis 5-0 =4-0 in tests he is sadly mistaken in cricketing terms ,but media will make it show which is a shame.
Why not? You hear graeme smith' date='micheal clarke,ponting talk about a young steyn,morkel,tait and will they say yeah he is only LITTLE quicker than pollock,mcgrath and which 135km bowlers dhoni has p.k is 125 and v.k is 128 so average speed of 140k and fastest of 145 and 147 k is not a ****ing little quicker dhoni its a lot quicker .
I think youre whining for no apparent reason,calm down and relax.Happy Diwali :icflove: Nice talking to you:--D
I think youre whinning for no apparent reason,calm down and relax.Happy Diwali :icflove: Nice talking to you:--D
happy diwali to you too,My fear is this win will only hide our shortcomings till the australian tour nothing else will change unless dhini attitude changes which is hard as he wins a lot at home .

Sourav Ganguly may blink his eyes way too often than normal but with each blink it seems he captures the image of an uprising star performer. Varun Aaron was called on duty to England but he did nothing there except warming the bench while Team India was being humiliated to successive defeats. Interestingly, Ganguly was very vocal about his favour for the young speedster. However, Dhoni did not pay heed to the former captain’s words. Ganguly is known for his instincts to pick valuable talent from a barrage of performers. So him giving a thumbs up to Aaron should have been taken more seriously by Dhoni but at that moment captain cool took it just like a passing comment by a commentator. Aaron finally got his call for the 4th ODI versus England in India and Boy, hasn’t he stood up to the challenge ! Indian Team lack a bit in the pace department and so, not being able to find a berth must have been highly disappointing for the speedster. But then he had one thing going for him, after all he had Dada’s support & the backing of most of the cricket pundits. Aaron must be a really pleased man today and sharing his joy would be Sourav Ganguly. He has just unearthed another gem. Its a long way ahead for Aaron but history has shown that every youngster Ganguly has picked, if he has reciprocated well, has turned out to be a match winner for Team India. Sourav Ganguly has been an inspirational leader as the captain and the man has the eye of a jeweler. He had hand picked gems like Dhoni and Yuvraj Singh and Aaron should be a proud man, he is in the elite league. Last but not the least, if he can do this here then he would have been lot deadlier in English conditions A RECENT COLUMN , ALSO SHOWS GANGULY'S FORESIGHT.

I don't read much into what experts say: Varun Aaron 25 October 2011 By Baidurjo Bhose in Kolkata Considered as the next big thing to happen to Indian cricket and then made to wait for eight matches before being given a break at the international level would have ruffled the best of cricketers, but not Varun Aaron. While critics have questioned the team management's wisdom time and again for not playing Aaron, all he had concentrated on was to bowl his heart out at the nets and waiting for the opportunity to show the world that he had it in him. Speaking to MAIL TODAY on Monday, Aaron said that all the talk about not being selected didn't bother him and being patient was a trait which he has learned from his grandmother. "Every cricketer wants to play for the country and I am no different. But then selection isn't in my hands. There are a lot of things which go into selecting the playing XI and I always knew that being patient was the key. It is a trait instilled in me by my grandmother." "Having seen my grandfather play hockey at the state level she knows how things work in sports, and every time when I need some guidance she is the person I go to." "Parents always want their children to get the best in life so even they would get itchy at times as to why I wasn't playing. But my grandmother is the most levelheaded person. She told me to keep up the goodwork and wait for the right time," he said. The buzz as he ran in to bowl his first ball at the international level would have made the best Iffy, but Aaron says it only gave him more confidence. "I don't possess nerves of steel but sometimes the crowd support can actually egg you on to give your best and that is exactly what happened on Sunday. I felt at ease as I ran in to bowl my first delivery and when the ball thud into Mahendra Singh Dhoni's gloves I knew I was in good rhythm and concentrated on just getting the basics right," he said. Although his first spell wasn't extraordinary it was his second spell in the closing stages that impressed everyone with the ball reversing both ways and beating the batsmen for pace. He ended up scalping three wickets on debut. Aaron says reversing the ball was the only weapon he had on the dead- Wankhede wicket. "The wicket was dead and I knew that pace alone wasn't enough. But when I came in for my second spell I saw that the first ball reversed and that really cheered me up. So all I did was go for yorkers as I knew anything in the good-length spot in the closing stages would mean trouble," he said. While one would expect Aaron to express emotions having bowled so well in debut match, he looked quite subdued. The pacer says that he doesn't find himself expressive. "Expressing emotions isn't my forte. I have had my parents complain that I am not too expressive, but I guess it has more to do with staying away from the family ever since I was 15." "Having lived more of a hostel life I have never really been the 'wearing- your-emotions- onyour- sleeves' types. I keep my emotions to myself. But when I led the team off the park at the end of the England innings, I was really emotional," he confessed. Having impressed the likes of Sourav Ganguly, with his effort on Sunday, Aaron says while he doesn't read much about what experts say, Sourav has a special place in his heart. "I don't read much about what experts say or feel, but I must say that dada ( Sourav) will always be special to me. Even when I signed for Kolkata Knight Riders he came up to me at the nets one day and said he saw potential in me. Those were like magical words for me and although I couldn't play for them owing to injury I learnt a lot from him and Wasim Akram," he said. He might have impressed as a rare Indian pacer with the ability to reverse the ball both ways at 90mph, but Aaron is still taking one match at a time and isn't looking too far ahead. DADA ROCKS, I HOPE HE IS GIVEN SOME KIND OF TALENT SPOTTING, GROOMING , SELECTIONS RELATED RESPONSIBILTY WITH BCCI.HE IS THE IMRAN KHAN OF INDIA AS FAR AS PICKING UP PLAYERS AND THEY BECOMING FANTASTIC PLAYERS , SO MANY OF THEM.ONE THING SURELY DHONI CAN LEARN FROM HIM.

Why he wasn't given more overs today escapes me! Was Dhoni actually trying to check out how good a bowler Tiwari is? Its a different matter English batsmen got out to the tripe he was sending down and in no way justifies Dhoni's decision.
Dhoni wanted to embarrass England further by showing he can chuck the ball to any spinner and England will still not have a clue
He said they are more quicker than the usual 135kmph Indian bowler' date='so its good to have them.What you want him to say in the press confrences,[b']OMG we got our 1st fast bowler,look out out for him,he will kill every batsmen that comes his way,some thing like that ? He handles most of the press confrences like this only,if you have seen any of his press confrences
It's unbelievable how some people moan about everything, picking out obscure lol things to come up with conspiracy theories. Dhoni does things mostly his way, some times it may not look good or work out, but seeing India under him, we've been successful more often than not. His instincts and tactical accumen is trusted by the selectors and the team, that's why he is the captain.

This guy has done his job in this series and got his name and more importantly his performance noticed by the entire nation. When that happens, we can be rest assured that he will be in the long term plans of the national team. Now instead of thinking about what dhoni has said or not said about aaron's performance, I think it is up to aaron to ensure that he remains fit and keeps on improving his game. He has the basic ingredients that have been missing from an Indian pacer. Now he has to use whatever chance he gets in the national team to rise in ranks. Good luck to you aaron!!!

He has captain when sreesanth' date='ishant,R.p singh were 140+ ,Aaron is no different in pace ,Its simple dhoni will back guys like p.k and jadeja in thick and thin as there attitude is similar to his,But if he had shown half the faith he has shown in likes of vinay kumar,P.k, in sreesanth and given him the confidence he would have been an asset.[/quote'] Yaar don't bring Sreesanth into it. He is mentally unstable.
:facepalm: ,Spinners were doing the job,so he carried on with the spinners.You dont ball fast bowlers to prove you like them or not :facepalm: Dhoni ,after seeing those 3 dismissals in Mumbai,knows what Aaron can do.He will definately get more chances in future.
There would not have been much difference in the result. It just would have encouraged Aaron confidence wise if he has taken a wicket or two.
rkt' date=' was Aaron trained in MRF pace academy ?[/quote'] Yes. He was found by TA Shekher in MRF trials in Jharkhand in 2005 when he was 15 years old since then he has been working MRF. Before last year, he had a little different kind of action and IMO, he was even quicker with that action, but he suffered 2 back to back back stress fractures and then he re-worked on his action with Lillie so that there is less stress on his back. IMO, his action and run up will get better as he plays more and understand it more. He is an intelligent guy and he understands his bowling and his action really well.
There would not have been much difference in the result. It just would have encouraged Aaron confidence wise if he has taken a wicket or two.
True.But i think bowling Jadeja and Ashwin in PP was pre planned decision.I think if they havent taken the PP Aaron would have been introduced. Also the ball isnt reversing due to dew and would have come on to the bat nicely from Aaron and the likes of Patel and Swann might have taken advantage of the dew against him in a PP situation.He wouldnt have been able to grip the ball comfortably either. Aaron is just starting his career.Its good that he isnt bowling in PP.If he is hammered at the start he might get disheartened quickly so i think preserving him like this at the start of his career is the right way to go. Also there is still plenty of time for Aaron or Yadav to gain experience in ODI before we play in any major ODI tournaments.So i dont see any need to panic. Everyone who want Dhoni to hype Varon are completely missing the point.If he did so then when they have a bad day everyone in the media will be all over them and also the likes of Aaron would be under too much unnecessary pressure. Dhoni is handling him pretty well in this series people IMO.

I've no complains of how many overs Dhoni allots to Aron or Yadav (as long as any one of them ets to play). My only issue wih Dhoni is that of not giving them a single over in the first 15 overs. He should've tried it out. You never know how it works and it was not as if trundler VK was being exceptional in those 15 overs. He was getting tonked as usual because of his *****y length and line.. Also it's a rubbish idea tha Aaron needs to be protected or his psyche will get affected if he gets tonked or if he misfields while fielding..rubbish idea...

True.But i think bowling Jadeja and Ashwin in PP was pre planned decision.I think if they havent taken the PP Aaron would have been introduced. A
I am not saying him bowling in power plays but instead of bowling Tiwary's lollies, he should bowled Aaron's fire.