Varun Aaron: Future of Indian pace attack ?

sid316

I am not saying him bowling in power plays but instead of bowling Tiwary's lollies' date=' he should bowled Aaron's fire.[/quote'] Agree with that but perhaps he thought some one like Aaron's pace the ball would have come on to the bat easier unlike Tiwary. As i said there is no need to panic saying they need experience in ODIs they have plenty of times to gain that.The concern should be giving them(Aaron and Yadav ) chances against WI in tests so that they can be taken to Aus down under.:pray: Giving them a couple of overs here and there yesterday isnt a big deal in his progress imo.
I've no complains of how many overs Dhoni allots to Aron or Yadav (as long as any one of them ets to play). My only issue wih Dhoni is that of not giving them a single over in the first 15 overs. He should've tried it out. You never know how it works and it was not as if trundler VK was being exceptional in those 15 overs. He was getting tonked as usual because of his *****y length and line.. Also it's a rubbish idea tha Aaron needs to be protected or his psyche will get affected if he gets tonked or if he misfields while fielding..rubbish idea...
I dont know about protecting him from misfields physce but definitely should be protected from Batting or Bowling PP atleast for a few matches until he feels he belongs to the International arena. As for bowling Vinay and Praveen at the start u have remember that they are only effective at the start and are often useless in middle overs unlike Varon.And to be fare to them they do have done a decent job at the start in last few ODIs. And once England got of to a quick start we needed to just hang in there until ball starts turning (Dhoni himself said that later ) and hence we tried to bowl both Ashwin and Jadeja to just stop them from getting away rapidly

I would reiterate- if Aaron has to stand out of the present crop of Indian bowlers 1. More consistent on his speed and accuracy.(Speed of even 138 to 142Kph is fine...not like anything <135 Kph) 2.Fitness 3.Develop more seaming skill (Aus,SA are places that need those) 4.Don't play too many T20 circus matches (this is only his responsibility) rest assured BCCI will do its best to make him history in few years.

Varun is very young, at this stage if he plays enough cricket , let him not over exert himself, bowl at the pace his body can deal with, mix up fast ball with variation 5 k to 10 k slower which according to Holding and De Villiers is the best variation , not going 138 to 118 k,.Let him learn skills, once he plays for 12 months and knows his game, and doesn't get injured he can unleash the fast bowler within , loooks like this kid can be as fast as Shane Bond.

My only abt varun is that he suffered stress fracture and it may affect him if he bowls long spells. Stress fracture is nothing but little bit of fracture in bone which is mostly undetected in mri scans. Stress fracture has affected and ended many bowler's career in the past, dennis lille, shane bond, ian bishop, laksmipathy balaji etc. I just hope varun doesnt suffer this anymore in the future.

My only abt varun is that he suffered stress fracture and it may affect him if he bowls long spells. Stress fracture is nothing but little bit of fracture in bone which is mostly undetected in mri scans. Stress fracture has affected and ended many bowler's career in the past, dennis lille, shane bond, ian bishop, laksmipathy balaji etc. I just hope varun doesnt suffer this anymore in the future.
Is stress fracture happens at a tender age like teens on early 20s like it happened to Aaron, then it won't have major effect if bowler works hard on his fitness and strength. The name you took above all suffered it but at a later stage in mid 20s or after that. At that time, it gets hard for body to recuerate and get that strength back. If it happens at early age, body mold itself according to the stress on it and it becomes stronger so that it can take that stress effectively.
Yaar don't bring Sreesanth into it. He is mentally unstable.
Mentally unstable? are u joking.Dhoni learly has diff standards for diff players ,You see how he reacted when he was sledged by english players and way Jadeja went to bell and had a confrotation after the match.P.k enterted in to alteraction with umpire in england but did dhoni give him a dressing down? no Sreesanth is well educated and is well behaved off the field way better than like of P.k or Kohli ,His temperament is suspect but then it has more to do with how dhoni handled him,under dravid he performed best and was backed,but after slapgate controversy his seems not wanted in the team also he has been treated pretty unfairly When nz came to india for odis series he bowled well agianst them and was leading wicket taker when guys like p.k,nehra were hammered under gambhir vaptiancy i may add.But then after taking a five for your captain blasts him abd again in third test on last day in crucial moment gives him a dressing down and did not pick him for a single odi in sa.
Mentally unstable? are u joking.Dhoni learly has diff standards for diff players ,You see how he reacted when he was sledged by english players and way Jadeja went to bell and had a confrotation after the match.P.k enterted in to alteraction with umpire in england but did dhoni give him a dressing down? no Sreesanth is well educated and is well behaved off the field way better than like of P.k or Kohli ,His temperament is suspect but then it has more to do with how dhoni handled him,under dravid he performed best and was backed,but after slapgate controversy his seems not wanted in the team also he has been treated pretty unfairly When nz came to india for odis series he bowled well agianst them and was leading wicket taker when guys like p.k,nehra were hammered under gambhir vaptiancy i may add.But then after taking a five for your captain blasts him abd again in third test on last day in crucial moment gives him a dressing down and did not pick him for a single odi in sa.
Yaar you forgot his antics in SA 2006 that was under Dravid. He is a player who promises much and delivers less. I don't know how Dhoni does not back him. He played him in WC final, played him in England, gave him many overs to show what he can do, but he was not up to the mark. he is not even playing domestic cricket. What do you say to that? He was taken off captaincy by his own association, so it means they also do not back him. No one will back him if he does not come out right.
Yaar you forgot his antics in SA 2006 that was under Dravid. He is a player who promises much and delivers less. I don't know how Dhoni does not back him. He played him in WC final, played him in England, gave him many overs to show what he can do, but he was not up to the mark. he is not even playing domestic cricket. What do you say to that? He was taken off captaincy by his own association, so it means they also do not back him. No one will back him if he does not come out right.
Antics?You mean the way he danced after hitting nel who was sledging him,it was funny actually does not make him mentally unstable. He has played domestic cricket when he was dropped and he was not selected for irani or challenger also decison to make him captain was wrong in the first place .Sreeanth for all his theatrics has been never crossed the lined in international cricket ,You see teh likes of kohli or p.k who swear at team mates but there performances have allowed their behavior to be overlooked,I believe same will be for sreesanth but for that he needs backing of captain and dhoni played sree as he had no option.
Antics?You mean the way he danced after hitting nel who was sledging him,it was funny actually does not make him mentally unstable. He has played domestic cricket when he was dropped and he was not selected for irani or challenger also decison to make him captain was wrong in the first place .Sreeanth for all his theatrics has been never crossed the lined in international cricket ,You see teh likes of kohli or p.k who swear at team mates but there performances have allowed their behavior to be overlooked,I believe same will be for sreesanth but for that he needs backing of captain and dhoni played sree as he had no option.
You know why he was taken off the captaincy. Kerala association officers had to search where he is during the domestic season started and he was not found anywhere. He was the captain of the team but he did not contact to officials or talk about he is not going to play matches rather he was busy with some band making music.
You know why he was taken off the captaincy. Kerala association officers had to search where he is during the domestic season started and he was not found anywhere. He was the captain of the team but he did not contact to officials or talk about he is not going to play matches rather he was busy with some band making music.
official release- "We need a captain who can lead the side for a few years at least to help develop our young team," TC Mathew, the Kerala State Cricket Association secretary told Cricinfo. "The last time Sreesanth was appointed he had to leave after the first Ranji Trophy match because he had to join the Indian team last year. So we felt the need to appoint Gomez, who has been leading right from age-group cricket."
official release- "We need a captain who can lead the side for a few years at least to help develop our young team," TC Mathew, the Kerala State Cricket Association secretary told Cricinfo. "The last time Sreesanth was appointed he had to leave after the first Ranji Trophy match because he had to join the Indian team last year. So we felt the need to appoint Gomez, who has been leading right from age-group cricket."
They had to say something but the real reason every one knows.

Too much is being read into the statements by MSD. He is handling the pacers fine and isn't hyping them up too much to put un-necessary pressure on them. But we will hang him for even stating the obvious, which is that our pacers need to do well if we have to win consistently away from home. Its not an indictment of anyone, its just summing up the overall series.