Quarter Finals Lineup

Guest BossBhai

Clarke still has time so I'll wait and see. He was brilliant in the 2009 Ashes. I don't think that he will ever become a great player' date=' though.[/quote'] Yes, he does have time, though will turn 30 soon so should be at or nearing his peak years. It just surprised me how bad he has looked against the moving ball lately. It might be a form issue though, as he has good records in NZ and England.
Yes' date=' he does have time, though will turn 30 soon so should be at or nearing his peak years. It just surprised me how bad he has looked against the moving ball lately. It might be a form issue though, as he has good records in NZ and England.[/quote'] Yeah, his form made it look worse. Like I said he did well in England in 2009. It's not just the moving ball but also the short ball which exposed him, both in the ODI series in England last summer and the Ashes. Most batsmen these days look poor when conditions favour bowlers (spin or swing). Maybe it's just me being biased towards the previous generation since I'm quite old!
Hussey is so overrated by Pakistanis. It is a classic case of people rating players solely based on what they've done against the team that they support. Talks that he is better than Lara is ridiculous. Top player in ODIs but he is a home town bully in tests. In fact, his record is very similar to Samaraweera but doesn't get anywhere as much negative attention.
You wouldnt say that if Hussey had done to India what he has done to Pakistan. No other player has tortured us more. I still cant believe we lost the 20/20 semi final ;s
You wouldnt say that if Hussey had done to India what he has done to Pakistan. No other player has tortured us more. I still cant believe we lost the 20/20 semi final ;s
I support England. Hence I wouldn't care what he did against India. :winky: It's a problem with the casual fan. I support my team but follow/watch pretty much every international match. I don't rate players based on how they've performed vs England. We're not the only team playing cricket and you need to perform against a variety of teams and in a variety of conditions to be a great player. Greg Chappell had a pretty mediocre Ashes record but he was a great player. Gavaskar's record against us was poor as well (still played the epic 221). Smith has killed us since his first tour here. That doesn't mean that I rate Smith to be as great as Sobers or Lara. PS: I don't care about T20 even though we're the champions.
I support England. Hence I wouldn't care what he did against India. :winky: It's a problem with the casual fan. I support my team but follow/watch pretty much every international match. I don't rate players based on how they've performed vs England. We're not the only team playing cricket and you need to perform against a variety of teams and in a variety of conditions to be a great player. Greg Chappell had a pretty mediocre Ashes record but he was a great player. Gavaskar's record against us was poor as well (still played the epic 221). Smith has killed us since his first tour here. That doesn't mean that I rate Smith to be as great as Sobers or Lara. PS: I don't care about T20 even though we're the champions.
:nice:
I beg to differ. Kamran AKmal :cantstop:
:hysterical: finally something that I agree on with you. Hussey has always been brilliant against everyone. The guy is a china wall of under pressure knocks and brilliant when it comes to playing according to the situation. Had he debuted 10 years ago with this form, he would have been among the best of the bests....not like he isn't already in my books. He's called Mr. Cricket for a reason.
:--D All is well man.. but that R. Premadasa guy is very dangerous. We have to be very careful with him. :winky:
I totally agreed with u macho:bow:.He is not gud for us.V want 2 moved in 2 India for QF.better if v can get Windi,, Eng or Ind in QF.:victory:
Having said that.... there is no way SA will win this :P
:giggle:
How nightmarish would that be. Once India beats Windies and SAFRICA beats the two minnows, India will be second place. Should Pakistan beat Australia on Sunday, Pakistan will take 1st place, The winner of Newzealand/Srilanka will take 2nd place and Australia will be third place. A nightmare, yes indeed my indian friends,
What's the problem with meeting Aus in QF? If we're going to win the WC we're going to have to face and beat Aus at some point.
Simple - Australia's 12 year winning streak in WCs will be broken :dontknow:
:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up: