The last group game: Ind vs WI pre-match talk

mastana

The last group game: Ind vs WI pre-match talk  

1. 1.

• India will win
    • West Indies will win

That can very well happen but if India collapses it would be triggered by Roach or one of their pacers' date=' not Benn.[/quote'] You can't guarantee anything..Sammy has been a very attacking captain. Check him out and compare with our Captain Kool Defensive to the core..Check it out on Sundays match..Sammy will back his spinners with attacking field setting and not become defensive and rely on his batsmen to win each and every matches..
He didn't do that well against SA only non-minnow team he has played so far.
He bowled a good opening spell vs SA but got hit when it was basically all over, at least he has done well....unlike Harbhajan who has been poor no matter the opposition.
I WAS RIGHT:yay::yay::yay: Prediction for tomorrow's match :- SA will beat Ireland !:band:
I WAS RIGHT AGAIN( Twice now ):yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: I won't bother with the prediction for the Aus-Can match:rolleyes: Will predict the result of the Eng-WI game a little later:winky:
It is difficult to think rationally on Ind's chances because of the emotions involved. The emotions would usually over-ride rationality and tell you that Ind will win and somehow we will overcome the problems and challenges we face We know that Ind is one of the better teams in this competition. And it has good chances of winning this tourney. So we take that as the base and work on solving our problems and better equip ourselves to handle the challenges we are likely to face In KO games, players know that this could be their last game in the WC. That knowledge builds enormous amount of pressure on you, esp. since this is the world cup. This pressure somewhat blurs the line b/w good players and avg players with many playing above their potential while many playing below theirs. Our batting is solid but if it doesn't deliver in pressure situation, it means little. On the other hand, our bowling is weak but if it delivers under pressure, it means something. One of the keys to Ind winning this world cup is playing players who excel under pressure situations I think we have got some good players who can play well under pressure. If the players manage to up their confidence level then we can go the distance. This is a delicate situation as too much criticism can create doubts in players minds (something that Ind media needs to understand), which is the last thing we want to happen. The game against WI should be used as a confidence building measure. That game is not about being out-played or put playing WI but about backing yourself to deliver that punch despite being on the back-foot. Once yo come out of that kind of situations, you build confidence to deliver under pressure. In short, Ind is still good enough to win if it irons out a few things :isalute: My 2 cents!
Paaji, very well said. Top notch :(( :isalute:
Y'all think they are hiding Ashwin like the langans hid Bendis? :woot:
Dhoni should never let the tongues wagging by playing chawla for far too many matches. That is why everyone was singing Ashwin's name. When the tournament started nobody even talked about him in the playing XI. It is all Dhoni's fault. He also gave a certificate.. "Ashwin is mentally strong" :cantstop: He has done everything to put pressure on Ashwin upfront.
Sehwag will go after Benn early and I back him to have a brain fart and gift his wicket after a quick 20.
Only see Benn getting whacked around bY Gauti or Tendulkar or Kohli or Dhoni or Yuvraj or Yusuf(Raina)... Benn has played 4 matches against India averaging 118 with a strike rate of 150. :cantstop:
Only see Benn getting whacked around bY Gauti or Tendulkar or Kohli or Dhoni or Yuvraj or Yusuf(Raina)... Benn has played 4 matches against India averaging 118 with a strike rate of 150. :cantstop:
VVS, I would rather not be that overconfident..Come Sunday and you never know what sort of Brain Fart Indian batsmen will have...
So what? Gambhir has played 9 times vs WI and averages 19.