The last group game: Ind vs WI pre-match talk

mastana

The last group game: Ind vs WI pre-match talk  

1. 1.

• India will win
    • West Indies will win

India will win' date=' MoM - Yuvraj.[/quote'] if UVI gets to Bat he wont score more than 15 runs for sure as UVI is not at his best and windies will bowl bouncers at him which he can hardly handle. yes he may take some wickets .. Sorry I forgot he is a bowling allrounder now a days..i agree his left arm can get him 2 or 3 wickets ( chennai will be a turning track) and on turning tracks , a left arm spinner like murali kartik or pragyan ojha are like devils for the best of batsmen. Just think of it when batsmen are finding even playing UVi tough..how would they face the best left armn slow spin bowler murali Kartik and the next best Pragyan OJHA. Murali is a useless fielder though...another Munaf like fielder so I would prefer selecting Ojha over Murali as Ojha is a good fielder as compared to Murali kartik.bcos of his week fielding(murali kartik) , he is not considered.
He got injured against BD when ball hit his knee...He had some problem in the knee and went to Mumbai for advise... aisa na ho ke Viru ko khila le..fielding aa jaye aur usi me Viru ki knee ka kachumar nikal jaaye aur batting kar na paye and same with batting because he will not get the runner because he is carrying injury from the last match as he did not field against SA for last 15 overs
not a bad idea as INdia can afford to give him a rest.. if he is unfit he can rest for a game more...
What about Sreesanth's atitiude - have you seen his overacting - his histrionics on the field can put the best of actors to shame' date=' he gets into regular altercations with the opposition players and to top it all, loses his cool so very quickly that it has become very easy for batsmen to make him lose his line or length. If he's hit for a few runs at the start of his over/new spell then invariably he loses all his line and length and confidence and is useless for the rest of the match.[/quote'] By attitude it is generally implied your attitude towards cricket be it your work ethics like training hard, giving your 100 percent on the field, etc. What you are describing is on field behavior. And since when did cricketers selection started to rest on that!
By attitude it is generally implied your attitude towards cricket be it your work ethics like training hard, giving your 100 percent on the field, etc. What you are describing is on field behavior. And since when did cricketers selection started to rest on that!
If you have noticed, in Sreesanth's case his on field behaviour is affecting his game and is also irritating his captain (IIRC a few days ago Dhoni told him to irritate the opposition rather than his own team mates :hehe:) so Sreesanth's antics are going to come in the way of his selection no matter what his performance is - and speaking of performance, his performance also has'nt been good in the WC so why/how does he deserve a place in the side??
If you have noticed' date=' in Sreesanth's case his on field behaviour is affecting his game and is also irritating his captain (IIRC a few days ago Dhoni told him to irritate the opposition rather than his own team mates :hehe:) so Sreesanth's antics are going to come in the way of his selection no matter what his performance is - and speaking of performance, his performance also has'nt been good in the WC so why/how does he deserve a place in the side??[/quote'] In that case the captaincy is poor let's not talk abt the performances based on 1 game and that too when he was making the ball talk. There is no point in acting as if the others bowlers have been exceptional.

@rett this is just a myth that sreeshanth takes wickets..Look at his stats they are nothing different than others..I like him too as he puts all his efforts unlike munna, but he does harms to the moral of team. His antics make whole team look foolish

And then his temperament is as fragile as glass. Those antics look good only if he could cpntrol himself, but he is not, he loses his cool, lose the plot, forget his run up, action, and start doing things which irritate everyone more often then not

In that case the captaincy is poor let's not talk abt the performances based on 1 game and that too when he was making the ball talk. There is no point in acting as if the others bowlers have been exceptional.
I've said this many. many times - I don't hold a negative opinion of Sreesanth just because of that one game. Any bowler can have a bad day, its no big deal. But with Sreesanth we've seen this problem since his debut and if he has'nt been able to make any improvements in his temperament in such a long time then IMHO he does'nt deserve to play for India. Even the best of bowlers go for runs in a few matches but they tend to come back and bowl well either in their next spell in the same match or at least in the next match. With Sreesanth you can be almost sure that he will go for runs whether he takes wickets or not. If you think I over exaggerate about Sreesath then see the following link: Link Sreesanth has the HIGHEST ECONOMY RATE among all bowlers who have taken 50 or more wickets in the history of ODI cricket - FOR ALL COUNTRIES. Now you can try and justify it all you like but I'm sorry to say that there must be something wrong with a bowler to have such stats.

Gibson , WI coach says

"We need to play our part in this game (against India). I do not think it is advantageous for us from the pitch. We are going to play on the adjacent pitch to the one that we played England. We need to win the toss and make 400 runs :woot:to put pressure on India," he said
:fear: India to win closely. WI bat first - 278 India - 279/8
What about Sreesanth's atitiude - have you seen his overacting - his histrionics on the field can put the best of actors to shame' date=' he gets into regular altercations with the opposition players and to top it all, loses his cool so very quickly that it has become very easy for batsmen to make him lose his line or length. If he's hit for a few runs at the start of his over/new spell then invariably he loses all his line and length and confidence and is useless for the rest of the match.[/quote'] So What ?Atleast he does not laugh after getting hit or misfielding.About getting hit and lsoing confidence ,its because he is under pressure for his place in the team as he does not captaisn backing.Where as guys who have no pressure like munaf or nehra play as if its tehre birth right to be in the team.
@rett this is just a myth that sreeshanth takes wickets..Look at his stats they are nothing different than others..I like him too as he puts all his efforts unlike munna' date=' but he does harms to the moral of team. His antics make whole team look foolish[/quote'] Its not how many wickets he takes but whose wickets he takes,sreesanth can get best players out defending thats the point.also You have to look closer in to the stats mate,In Big Matches he has always delivered ,remember his spell in cb series final or agianst nz at home or in pakistan ,Also his recent form has been very good ,Moral of team is not harmed by him but our captain who blasts players publicly ,also sree antics are nothing compared to bhajji who evens shouts at his teammates.
I've said this many. many times - I don't hold a negative opinion of Sreesanth just because of that one game. Any bowler can have a bad day, its no big deal. But with Sreesanth we've seen this problem since his debut and if he has'nt been able to make any improvements in his temperament in such a long time then IMHO he does'nt deserve to play for India. Even the best of bowlers go for runs in a few matches but they tend to come back and bowl well either in their next spell in the same match or at least in the next match. With Sreesanth you can be almost sure that he will go for runs whether he takes wickets or not. If you think I over exaggerate about Sreesath then see the following link: Link Sreesanth has the HIGHEST ECONOMY RATE among all bowlers who have taken 50 or more wickets in the history of ODI cricket - FOR ALL COUNTRIES. Now you can try and justify it all you like but I'm sorry to say that there must be something wrong with a bowler to have such stats.
He has not played that much odi cricket,His recent odi form is very good and fact is other bowlers are going over 7 so it is not much of a diff except sree can take wickets.