The last group game: Ind vs WI pre-match talk

mastana

The last group game: Ind vs WI pre-match talk  

1. 1.

• India will win
    • West Indies will win

^ was about to say that. It is fake, if he really could play like that, then why not show one decent defensive shot, in slow motion! What Sachin did is pretty easy though, closing eyes at the time of impact (or just before that), does not change anything about the direction of the shot, as batsman by then has evaluated every parameter he could and just goes about with the execution.

Ind's QF opponent is likely to be Aus/NZ or SL. I don't believe much in trying to look for easy routes but more in preparing ourselves to accept any challenge that's thrown at us. Taking challenges is sport in my book. In order to prepare for challenges in the KOs, it's imp for Ind to put guys under pressure against WI and see how they perform w/o Sachin and/or Zak. How we perform as a team is what will improve our chances of winning the cup :winky: There will be little point in our campaign if we thrash WI but in the QF both Zak and Sachin have an off-day and others don't know how to get out of Zak and Sachin's shadow, take the responsibility and make it happen for India

India Should Rest Players Since this match against WI is essentially meaningless India should rest several key players who are slightly injured or that should not be over worked. I would rest Zak, Sehwag, Harbhajan. Bring in Raina, Sree and Ashwin. My lineup Gambhir Sachin Kohli Dhoni Yuvi Raina Pathan Ashwin Chawla Sree Patal Only reason im giving Chawla another match is to rest Bajji.

Actually these week long rests are creating issues for the team. Players are not focusses and media is getting a weeklong time to come out with various Masala stories and triggering discussions in Internet Phorums..Khaali Dimaag' date=' Shaitaan Ka Ghar..[/quote'] waah waah :yay::yay: OP, why should we rest players? We have played 5 international matches in the last 45-50 days, have had decent breaks between matches, don't think any of our players need any further breaks.
They have already rested for 8 days. How much more rest do they want ?
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: On a side note, why would you rest and deny Veeru to be the highest run scorer in this WC :giggle: The lamest thread I have ever seen. Why would you rest Bhajji when he is anyways not performing to expectations. Just to give an idea about his performance, even a part-time bowler like UV has overtaken him in the wickets section even after bowling a lot lesser overs. Infact being one of the top spinners of the world he has not even made it to the whole list of cricinfo top wicket takers of the tournament. http://stats.espncricinfo.com/icc_cricket_worldcup2011/engine/records/bowling/most_wickets_career.html?id=4857;type=tournament I like Bhajji but with this performance you would rather sack him than rest him. But he has the experience and is good in containing and that is why he is continued. To be frank, I am sure that even Ashwin would have been amongst the top wicket takers at least in the top 20 if not in the top 5-10 if he had been given a chance in this WC.